Sign in to follow this  
Solaito

CrashArenaTurboStars.com

9 posts in this topic

Hi fellow CATS enthousiast! My name is Solaito and I make videos about CATS.

I'm very much in love with this game so I've started a little fan project called: http://crasharenaturbostars.com. As you know for King of Thieves there's the highly popular website kotdb where you can find a ton of base layouts. I would like to do a similar project but for CATS.

At the moment the site is still in development and not at all ready for production. However, I would still like to share this with you guys to get some feedback on things I plan to implement. Obviously the most important feature would be a page where you can find all the best designs. Now, I got a question for your guys: What would you prefer?

1. A page with all the best designs.
  2. A page where you have to click on a body type and you'll be brought to a page with all the best designs for that specific body type.

It would be a great help if you could state your preference. If you have any other suggestions, be sure to put them below.

I'll use this thread to update the development on the site.

Edited by Solaito
  • Like 3

Probably a body specific design, because you could've gotten a legendary and want to use that legendary.

I think if a user is to post their design they should include pertinent information to go along with it; such as how many wins they were able to attain in the championships, their highest win streak with the design, and more!

• Like 1

I've been working quite a lot on the site and was able to get the upload feature working correctly. Next thing I'll implement is an upvote system so I can rank designs based on total amount of upvotes.

12 hours ago, Taken said:

Probably a body specific design, because you could've gotten a legendary and want to use that legendary.

That's a valid point.

10 hours ago, FourManaSevenSeven said:

A fansite sounds great, but are you sure the devs are going to be okay with you taking that domain?

I'm not sure, I saw it was still available and took my chances. They've had plenty of time to register it themselves. I can always transfer the site to a new domain if that would be necessary.

8 hours ago, KyleKTB said:

I think if a user is to post their design they should include pertinent information to go along with it; such as how many wins they were able to attain in the championships, their highest win streak with the design, and more!

Good idea! Would you go with a strict format or would you just like one general description?

You are couldv made a poll :P .

Anyways, I'd very strongly say option 2. It's just... better, also you should have them organi(z/s)ed into different stages.

EDIT: Nearly forgot to say that you're able to upvote an infinite amount of times, I upvoted the uhh thing... twice.

Edited by PremiVex
typo

9 hours ago, Solaito said:

Good idea! Would you go with a strict format or would you just like one general description?

I believe users would benefit from a strict format. It would be clear for users to see which designs work best.

This is not necessary, the fun of the game is to make your own designs, and to make what works well for you. Besides, no one can get an exact copy of what someone else gets, there are too many variables.

And besides that, it looks like a promo for your YouTube, since I can near guarantee the only videos going on there are going to be yours, and in addition to this the beginners guide isn't very well made. It only gives explanations of things, which you could literally get by looking at the actual game beginner or not. A more helpful guide would be explaining the nuances and techniques that can be used by each various items, as opposed to obvious descriptions. 

Edited by Sotherogue