Kansy

How game decides which laser shoots first?

60 posts in this topic

Ok, just throwing this out here but...

What if the random calculation is based not only on velocity but how your car is placed, all videos I've seen here so far, it seems that the car with less forward movement still loses. The one with the sneaky with backpedal/forklift is the one that could disprove my theory, but what if, based on the movement before, the game determined the winner?

Edited by Stiitch

Officially we call it a random decision for each opponent that is stored in the championship until its end.

15 minutes ago, Chervey said:

Officially we call it a random decision for each opponent that is stored in the championship until its end.

Thanks for chiming in! Are there any plans in the future to make this a little more fair/calculated?

I am new to this game but I think I can provide some additional input. I noticed that when the game drops you into the "rink" to my eyes it looks like whoever hits the ground first will have their weapon begin the fire stage. So if you have a battle between a wheeled vehicle and a no wheeled vehicle the wheeled vehicle should hit the ground first and thus start the weapon cycle. I haven't done extensive testing on this theory but I think it might help explain the situation. Let me know what you guys think.

2 hours ago, chrismwargo said:

I am new to this game but I think I can provide some additional input. I noticed that when the game drops you into the "rink" to my eyes it looks like whoever hits the ground first will have their weapon begin the fire stage. So if you have a battle between a wheeled vehicle and a no wheeled vehicle the wheeled vehicle should hit the ground first and thus start the weapon cycle. I haven't done extensive testing on this theory but I think it might help explain the situation. Let me know what you guys think.

Unfortunately, that theory is most likely incorrect. It has been verified by support, devs and the community managers that the timing of the lasers is in fact a set random so if you do the same fight with the same vehicle, again and again, you will get the same result, but if you change the wheels or body the result may change.

Haizz. Laser dmg x2 damage to hp. If u have 2laser. U must set stronger laser in front of car. I see batle of snecky 1laser and titan 2 lase, u can see hp snecky lose slower than titan... sothat snecky lose hp after titan. But second time, titan lose. Cause lower dmg laser is in front of car. Its not dmg to kill snecky. But its nearly than stronger laser :) If titan change stronger laser in front of car, titan win :)

On 5/22/2017 at 10:02 AM, adma said:

Well, I don't know anymore. This guy beat me with two lasers, and my single laser is way more powerful than either of his.

uBNZKPt.gif

My current theory is a psudorandom number generator  , using your username as the seed. I'd like to see that disproven by winning a laser tiebreak against someone and then losing a laser tiebreak to the same person.

But u need 3 shots to beat him and he only needs 2.

LOL chimbombo 😂

1. Lasers hit with 2.5 times the face value of their damage ! (although the damage dealt by toolboxes added to lasers was changed quite a while ago).

2. In the video above, Tyler quite clearly one-shots his opponent .. while adma’s laser doesn’t fire at all ???

3. The $64 question is why does Tyler’s laser fire first ? The accepted answer is that this is randomly determined .. the same result applies for the duration of a Championship .. but the outcome can be changed by changing parts on your car, and re-fighting your opponent.

4. Good news ! This “problem” is rarely encountered .. even in ultimate league, where I still use a traditional whale and laser (even though this combination is fast becoming an endangered species) 😂