Sign in to follow this  
CruelBus

Weapon/Item Timing

4 posts in this topic

(let me know if this is what you all are observing)

After clicking "TAP TO WATCH" in the QUICK FIGHT area:

0.5 seconds: Blade weapon swings into the hit zone and repeats every second (if the only blade, others follow every .25 seconds)

1.0 seconds: Booster/Backpedal fires one time only
1.0 seconds: Rocket/Double Rocket fires and every second afterwards

2.5 seconds: Laser fires for instant hit and every 2.5 seconds afterwards

Assuming the above is correct, if you had identical health, damage and body type, wouldn't lasers always win since there is no flight time?

You'd think so, but it doesn't happen that way.  I think the timings are not such round numbers.  The 5th rocket blast can hit before the 2nd laser fires.  I've seen that for sure.  Also, rockets seem to fire before the booster / backpedal activates.  And in battles with rockets vs blades, I'm pretty sure they don't stay in sync, although right now I can't seem to remember which one outpaces the other.

In a theoretical sandbox where both machines have those round numbers, maybe.

But in reality, or at least for myself, most battles involve similar amounts of attack and hp, not a lopsided 1:5 ratio...if anything, much higher attack:hp. Even now I use a 705attack:695hp double rocket machine.

And once the laser machine loses the 2x hp advantage, the opponent with faster attack wins over. I don't usually meet opponents with hp over 1500 without their attack also above 800, so naturally I usually win.

Edited by Maaya