NotANewb

Max Level for Parts?

14 posts in this topic

How does the game decide which is the max level for upgrading parts? I have seen chassis going to level 26, level 21 and have seen weapons go to level 6, level 11, and level 16. It would be useful to know which weapon is the best in the long run

As well, why do I see weapons with the same amount of stars and same attack, but one costs one more energy than the other?

I could be wrong, but it feels like the max level is predominantly determined by the star, and whether it is a super part(from a super box) or a legendary part, each increasing the max level.

All parts and chassis vary in hp/damage/energy even in the same star grade. Just to spice up things and make sure you're looking at the details, maybe?

And when one weapon's high enough in damage and energy cost, it can match almost exactly to the lowest damage weapon that's one star higher...but with a lower energy cost.

39 minutes ago, NotANewb said:

Anything specific? (I think super parts usually go to level 16)

The star level tells you what your max level is for your part.

Each star gives you 5 levels starting with 1 stars have 6 levels, 2 stars have 11 and so on. Nothing else will effect the amount of levels you can have on an item.

• Like 2

Thanks, never knew that, but does that mean the max will be around 25-27 levels? And does this apply for everything?

Sorry i am double posting, but I though about this 6 minutes later

Does this mean that a carbon 1 star double rocket has about the same or less attack than a golden 5 star rocket when maxed?

Edited by NotANewb

7 hours ago, NotANewb said:

Thanks, never knew that, but does that mean the max will be around 25-27 levels? And does this apply for everything?

The max is not "around" 25-27, it IS 26. And yes this applies to everything.

Thanks again, but....

11 hours ago, NotANewb said:

Does this mean that a carbon 1 star double rocket has about the same or less attack than a golden 5 star rocket when maxed?

Taken did not say that.  The fact that a 5 star gold can go to level 26 and a 1 star carbon can only go to level 6 does not necessarily indicate anything about their total attack power when they are maxed.  How maxed parts' total attack power compare across part categories seems like a separate question. 

It doesn't come up all that often, as most people don't try to get a 5 star part to level 26 when they can jump to the next category with a lot less time and effort, unless it's a legendary part or something.  If you test it out, let me know what you discover. ;)

This isn't tried and true, for the STARS level affecting the max level of a part.

I had two 3 STAR Military level Double Rockets and one maxed out at Lvl 6 and the other maxed at Lvl 16

WTGDF is going on there?

Currently grinding my way to Prestige 2, but I play casually and don't buy parts with RL$.

6 hours ago, KarouWS said:

This isn't tried and true, for the STARS level affecting the max level of a part.

I had two 3 STAR Military level Double Rockets and one maxed out at Lvl 6 and the other maxed at Lvl 16

WTGDF is going on there?

Currently grinding my way to Prestige 2, but I play casually and don't buy parts with RL$.

I'm going to have to correct you there. There is a 100% chance that a 3 star item will be maxed at level 16.

Edited by Taken