Sign in to follow this  
CruelBus

ALL ABOUT WEAPONS

13 posts in this topic

• All weapons of the same type (Blade,Stinger,Drill,Chainsaw,Rocket,Double Rocket,Laser) in the same tier (wood,metal,military,gold,carbon) level up with the same damage increase no matter how many stars or how much power. For example, a 1-star 4-power metal Rocket and a 5-star 8-power metal Rocket both gain 7 damage per level. The only difference is that you can gain more levels with the 5-star (+5 levels per star). The 1-star 4-power Rocket finishes at level 6 with +35 damage, and the 5-star 8-power Rocket finishes at level 26 with +175 damage.

• Skill points spent on increasing weapon damage, "Master of Blades" for example, ONLY increase the base damage of the weapon. These skill points DO NOT affect tool boxes (there is a separate skill for them) or how much extra you get for increasing the levels. This means that spending skill points on tool boxes is more important than spending points on the weapons. Also, towards the end-game (Prestige 10), skill points spent on weapon damage are going to matter less. Item bonuses (betting bonuses, Super and Legendary parts) DO boost the additional damage given by the skill points. These extra bonuses are good for a while, but for each damage tool box you add, the benefits of the bonuses decrease. Here's an example of what I mean using simple numbers:
    • 5-star 9-power level 26 carbon Double Rocket: [100,000 damage], +30% in "Master of Double Rockets" [now 130,000 damage], 1 item with +120% Double Rocket Damage [now 286,000 damage]
      vs
    • 5-star 9-power level 26 carbon Double Rocket: [100,000 damage], +20% in "Master of Double Rockets" [now 120,000 damage], 1 item with +120% Double Rocket Damage [now 264,000 damage]
      • The Double Rocket with +30% is better by ... 10%
      • If you add 10 damage tool boxes to each, for an extra 100,000 damage, the Double Rocket with 30% is only better by 6% now
    • As you add more and more tool boxes, the percentage difference decreases. Maybe the 3 skill points could be better spent somewhere else.

• More power = more damage for the same stars on the same tier. If you are spending skill points on "Master of (weapon)",  using weapons with the most power will give you the biggest return.

• All weapon types can have skill points spent on them to improve damage.

• From weakest to strongest (damage and + damage per level with the same tier and stars) the weapons are:
    • Blade
    • Rocket / Double Rocket (these are the same)
    • Stinger
    • Laser
    • Drill
    • Chainsaw

• The damage shown in the game for the weapons is in DPS (Damage Per Second):
    • Rockets and Double Rockets fire every second and take about 1 second to cross the whole screen.
    • Lasers take 2.5 seconds to shoot, so will hit for 2.5 times the damage shown and hit instantly from anywhere on the screen.
    • Blades swing a whole circle just about every second.
    • Stingers, Drills and Chainsaws slowly apply their damage over 1 second.

• If the last shot of the battle would kill both players, the one with the most negative health loses.

Of course, each weapon type has its own pros and cons. Check the replies below more information.

• Like 1

It is incorrect that who ever goes the most in negatives loses

For rockets, it is who ever hits first

for lasers it is random

if there is a tie, it is random

Edited by NotANewb

I haven't noticed it to be random with lasers. They always seem to do what I expect them to do. It seems like the health remaining on the winner is how much they won by.

I agree on rockets and should have written that part better. If both rockets hit at the same time, then whoever goes more negative loses. Otherwise, if a winning rocket hits first, of course it's a win for the cat fired it.

I couldn't speak for there being a tie since I've never seen one.

7 hours ago, CruelBus said:

I haven't noticed it to be random with lasers. They always seem to do what I expect them to do. It seems like the health remaining on the winner is how much they won by.

I agree on rockets and should have written that part better. If both rockets hit at the same time, then whoever goes more negative loses. Otherwise, if a winning rocket hits first, of course it's a win for the cat fired it.

I couldn't speak for there being a tie since I've never seen one.

Yes, lasers are random.

If both rockets hit at the same time (same build, no wheels?) it would also most likely be random.

I agree with not a newb

one time I got killed by a same build and damage rocket and I won 

so it is random

Is there any table or app that shows us the effective cycle time of each weapon?
The lasers have a 2.5s cycle. What about the other weapons?
Minigun has acceleration in the attack cycle. Anyone know what this ratio is?
Would anyone know where this information can be found?

14 hours ago, MarkingO said:

Is there any table or app that shows us the effective cycle time of each weapon?
The lasers have a 2.5s cycle. What about the other weapons?
Minigun has acceleration in the attack cycle. Anyone know what this ratio is?
Would anyone know where this information can be found?

I believe all projectile weapons fire at 1s intervals, starting at 1s, except for minigun and lasers.  Lasers fire at 2.5 seconds.  Miniguns fire at 5 shots per second once they reach full speed but before that it's a bit more complicated.

I did some analysis on a slowmo video with a rocket and a minigun firing.  If - is for minigun and | is for rocket and + is for both, the firing pattern during the minigun's ramp-up period goes
- | - - | - - - - + - - - - +
Keep in mind this is when the shots are fired, not necessarily when they'll land and deal damage.  The rocket takes longer to travel than the minigun bullet, so the distance between opponents can affect the timing of the damage. Usually you can land 2 minigun shots before the first rocket lands.

• Like 2

Thank you for the replies.
But, at least in minigun, I think there is something wrong.
First shot is 1/5 complete power. It is sure. So, it depends on how fast are each shot. And we know it is slow at the start and it become faster each shot.