TheKing

Time limited to play everyday

24 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Can anyone tell me that what is the maximum hours we could play per day?

The system told me that I had been playing or too long...

Sadly I have no idea. It would be hard for someone to know..

That's pretty funny though. Guess the game thought you were one of those autoclickers.

Well that's new to me. Never seen any messages like that, and i have my share of hours with this game each day aswell.

1 hour ago, SeniorSSS said:

Wow...i've had some hardcore playing days but no such messages...how much you played to get it?

I just clicked all days while I am eating / watching movies in these holiday... I had no idea how many. I think 7-9 hours but not in consistently playing?

Edited by TheKing
missing

Hi,

I had answer from support team.

Currently, there is a certain limit of being online set in the game - 6 hours. When you reach that time limit, you won't be able to enter the game for 3 hours. 
If the break between sessions is less than 3 hours, the the time of these sessions will be summed up for the online timer.
We do care about our players and this feature was implemented to prevent overstraining due to long game sessions. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused by this.

Best wishes, 
ZeptoLab support team.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ragz said:

Is it 6 hours within a 12 hour period?

Currently, there is a limit, 6 hours. When you reach that time limit, you won't be able to enter the game for 3 hours. 
If the break between sessions is less than 3 hours, the the time of these sessions will be summed up for the online timer.

The way the King of Thieves timer works is like this.  Your time accumulates until you've been online for a total of 6 hours.  Then you're forced off for a 3 hour break.  The timer resets whenever you've been offline for 3 hours continuously. 

So, for example, you can be on for 5 hours, off for 3, on for 5, off for 3, and you'd never reach the timeout.  On the other hand, you could be on for 2, off for 2, on for 2 off for 2, on for 2 and you'd reach the timeout and be forced to take a 3 hour break. 

When you hit 12h of playing you'll get a time to get a breath of fresh air ;) It's done to restrict some cunning cats from playing too much without even sleeping.

I think it's a good idea. However, how about implementing a countdown timer so players can keep track of their playtime themselves.

• Like 1

Maybe you could add that if someone gets this timeout he/she  still has the chance to start opening a crate.

I usually always have one being opened, but sometimes I wait a while to see which one gets the most crowns and it would be pretty annoying to get timed out right at that time :P

• Like 1

Well, this message caught me by surprise.  I was pleasantly surprised to find an interesting game with fair monetization, but play time restriction will keep my wallet permanently closed.  And, no, I wouldn't pay to remove the restriction, but it existing will keep me from buying anything else as well.

23 hours ago, Desirsar said:

Well, this message caught me by surprise.  I was pleasantly surprised to find an interesting game with fair monetization, but play time restriction will keep my wallet permanently closed.  And, no, I wouldn't pay to remove the restriction, but it existing will keep me from buying anything else as well.

Personally, I think 16 hours a day is enough for 100% of people.

Edited by Taken

6 hours ago, Taken said:

Personally, I think 18 hours a day is enough for 100% of people.

Whether or not that is, *I* should define that amount.  The day I became old enough to vote is itself old enough to vote.  If you want to tell a 13 year old how long they can play, fine... although I see them taking their parents' credit card elsewhere as well.  I'll at least stick to playing the game as a free player until I burn out on it, I have a little more attention pan.

Hi Taken

I must disagree with your comment that we are allowed to play 18 hours per day without being timed out.

The time limit is implemented in such a way that failure to take a 3 hour break for an extended period of time will trigger lock out from the game .. even if a player has been on line for significantly less than 18 hours that day.

For example, if the time limit is 6 hours (I'm a bit confused about this because Chervey talked about 12 hours in his post) .. then you will be timed out as soon as you have played just 6 hours during that day (without taking at least a 3 hour break). Six hours is one third of 18 hours .. and less than a typical working day.

I have no problems with a time limit, but this one is poorly thought out. If you genuinely want an 18 hour cap on playing the game .. implement that, and dispense with the arbitrary 3 hour break rule. There is no logical reason for it .. a 1 or 2 hour break refreshes energy and spirit just as effectively.

On September 6, 2017 at 12:14 AM, Phil said:

Hi Taken

I must disagree with your comment that we are allowed to play 18 hours per day without being timed out.

The time limit is implemented in such a way that failure to take a 3 hour break for an extended period of time will trigger lock out from the game .. even if a player has been on line for significantly less than 18 hours that day.

For example, if the time limit is 6 hours (I'm a bit confused about this because Chervey talked about 12 hours in his post) .. then you will be timed out as soon as you have played just 6 hours during that day (without taking at least a 3 hour break). Six hours is one third of 18 hours .. and less than a typical working day.

I have no problems with a time limit, but this one is poorly thought out. If you genuinely want an 18 hour cap on playing the game .. implement that, and dispense with the arbitrary 3 hour break rule. There is no logical reason for it .. a 1 or 2 hour break refreshes energy and spirit just as effectively.

You need time to fully get on with your life just in case you spend way too much time on the game.

1 hour ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

You need time to fully get on with your life just in case you spend way too much time on the game.

GUILTY as charged your honour. I love this game so much .. it's the only video game I play! I'm retired now, and very happy for this game to take up the time I used to spend at the office. With the introduction of gangs and gang chat, CATS has now also become a very social game (at least in my gang). So I now spend an hour or two chatting to my gang mates rather than grinding out more blue points.

I enjoy regular 1 to 2 hour breaks from the game .. but as I've said before : change the 3 hour break rule to 1 hour .. and I and many other players who share my love for this great game wil be even happier!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

GUILTY as charged your honour. I love this game so much .. it's the only video game I play! I'm retired now, and very happy for this game to take up the time I used to spend at the office. With the introduction of gangs and gang chat, CATS has now also become a very social game (at least in my gang). So I now spend an hour or two chatting to my gang mates rather than grinding out more blue points.

I enjoy regular 1 to 2 hour breaks from the game .. but as I've said before : change the 3 hour break rule to 1 hour .. and I and many other players who share my love for this great game wil be even happier!

Yeah, but not everyone is retired... People have work and school. Haven't you seen the article about the South Korean who died after playing Starcraft too much? And the game is not meant to be mainly social, most social apps are dumb anyway.

3 hours ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

Yeah, but not everyone is retired... People have work and school. Haven't you seen the article about the South Korean who died after playing Starcraft too much? And the game is not meant to be mainly social, most social apps are dumb anyway.

You're right of course .. everyone's circumstances are different. 

But that's missing the point of the discussion here. Why put a time limit (with an arbitrary 3 hour break rule) on playing CATS?

1. To stop gamers from overplaying? CATS is just one game .. it's the only one I choose to play, but once timed out of CATS a gamer can simply switch to another game. So this rule can't possibly stop overplaying in general. I suspect the real reason for the time limit is to restrict the auto clickers accumulation of "blue" points. That would be far more effectively done by capping the blues that can be earned in one day (say 500,000 points maximum).

2. To stop unfair advantage for those playing longer? If you choose to play free, playing longer hours is one way to offset the advantage gained by players who regularly buy gems! Is there a limit on buying gems? 

Don't be mislead by spurious arguments about health and safety. A change to the 3 hour break rule (reduce to 1 hour) would be fairer for all cats (and still not a single cat would be harmed playing this game!).

• Like 1

There is a glitch   i am certain if Zeptolabs is reading this post, this could be fixed.

I play on my Android device, wifi mode.   I keep my phone's automatic time set to no.   While playing Cats, i get an odd notice, that in system settings, my auto set time is set to no, Cats game calls for system time window to open.  You need to select yes to close and teturn to game.

Go back to system time settings, and change back to no.

No more 6 hour limit.

Was just playing this game on a lazy day while watching series on netflix untill i got this message. Feels really weird that a game restricts you to play. Honestly i'm quite disappointed by this. It should be a setting you can chose, not a restriction on all players (i actually expected it be a setting, thats why i was looking through this forum :/ ).

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Was just playing this game on a lazy day while watching series on netflix untill i got this message. Feels really weird that a game restricts you to play. Honestly i'm quite disappointed by this. It should be a setting you can chose, not a restriction on all players (i actually expected it be a setting, thats why i was looking through this forum :/ ).

We’ve discussed this so many times on this Forum .. I agree with you 100%.

It is just another of many ridiculous rules that Zeptolab .. one of the worst game development companies on the planet .. choose to impose on their long suffering players. There is no rational reason for it .. but then again, I have my doubts that there are any rational people working at Zeptolab. Maybe one or two .. who are the exception to the rule!

This time to play restriction won’t be changed .. so make sure you log out of CATS each time you take a break from playing. And when you get timed out (happens to me frequently now, since City Kings requires you to play a lot) .. just log back in after an hour, and you’re back in business 😀