Sign in to follow this  
Neo

World Chat and more

6 posts in this topic

Would be cool to have a world chat to be able to communitcate with other players and be able to recruit to the newly added  Gangs. 

What about having a mail system from player to player so they can see your message when they log in. If we could have a button when quick fighting someone, from the league rankings and from a world chat, to view someone's profile and be able to leave messages to them complimenting their builds and maybe giving advice this could lead to more strategies that could be employed.

Food for thought, also would be awesome if we could send invites, to our gang, to people not yet in a gang

• Like 1

I'm not in any gang yet so i don't know what is there or not yet, but i support the idea of having the option of sending invites to other players. There should also be possible to lock each gang room and rather have them apply to join in or something. (If it's not implemented already) :)

As far as the world chat goes, it sounds like a good idea but i'm afraid some might misuse that whenever they're having a really bad catday.

23 minutes ago, Ragz said:

I'm not in any gang yet so i don't know what is there or not yet, but i support the idea of having the option of sending invites to other players. There should also be possible to lock each gang room and rather have them apply to join in or something. (If it's not implemented already) :)

As far as the world chat goes, it sounds like a good idea but i'm afraid some might misuse that whenever they're having a really bad catday.

Thank you for your input. Currently you can only join gangs, assuming you meet any requirements set by the gang leader. So far the leader can set a requirement as to how many blue cat head things you must have to join.

I hope they change this system up just a little and not allow you to instantly join a clan that has room and you meet the requirements, I would like to see an application/invitation system where the gang leader goes through applications to deny or accept new members.

I have played a number of games where there is a world chat. I have seen 2 main systems in place to keep harrasments and bad language out.

1. A simple code that recognizes bad language or phrases and will ban you from the chat for a predetermined amount of time. Too many bans can lead to permanent reprimand.

2. A player reporting system where if one players seems something inappropriate he can click on said players name and report them. They should be instantly banned from chat until a moderator can investigate the reported message. False reports gets you in trouble. Too many reports against your or too many false reports can lead to permanent reprimand.

Edited by Neo

One feature badly needed if there's going to be any kind of chat:

Mute/block list. No reason for us to read someone's abusive/inappropriate chat.

Filters and moderators only work on the languages they know or are set to. Considering the world-wide player base, that's neither quite practical nor fair(why filter one language, English for example, while the Turkish have free reign?)

Not to say they're not needed, but that a personal block list is first before anything else, imo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maaya said:

One feature badly needed if there's going to be any kind of chat:

Mute/block list. No reason for us to read someone's abusive/inappropriate chat.

Filters and moderators only work on the languages they know or are set to. Considering the world-wide player base, that's neither quite practical nor fair(why filter one language, English for example, while the Turkish have free reign?)

Not to say they're not needed, but that a personal block list is first before anything else, imo

Would it be hard to have codes for multiple languages. Only problem I can think of with this idea is that you can just rearrange the letters or spell it wrong to fool the code.

But when implemented with a reporting system it works great

7 hours ago, Solaito said:

I don't like world chat, it's a bunch of random spam. I like the other ideas though.

Thanks