Yep

Why am I losing this fight?

8 posts in this topic

Can someone check this link out and help me understand why I'm losing this fight. We both have two lasers and mine have more damage. My health is also above his. What mechanic is making me lose this fight?

thanks! 

https://youtu.be/wOPykTCUqE0

The answer someone got from help center with the laser issue was: it's random.

its the conundrum you get with essentially one-hit kill situations.

Try removing the machine, rebuild it, and see if the Random Number Gods smile upon you.

• Like 1

Dang I tried rebuilding but same results. It's kinda crappy that it doesn't favor me for the win. I clearly have much higher numbers. I could see it randomly choosing a winner if the health and damage are the same numbers.

Oh well thanks for the info Maaya!

could you try changing the rear wheel with something small which won't make the tank move, and not hitting the repulse, for test? 

I think because the other guy's lasers are closer together to each other than yours, his lasers reach your machine sooner. However, your front laser is farther forward on your machine than his, but I assume the total distance that his lasers travel is shorter than yours. 

6 hours ago, Klaorman said:

I think because the other guy's lasers are closer together to each other than yours, his lasers reach your machine sooner. However, your front laser is farther forward on your machine than his, but I assume the total distance that his lasers travel is shorter than yours. 

By the way, nothing about the damage, level, distance or other things about the laser are going to affect who wins. It is as random as random can be, and that has been confirmed by the devs.