Pokerman

Minigun is so screwed

31 posts in this topic

Minigun shoot speed is so low, and it has a ready time to gain max shoot speed.

But....you are too late, the rocket have already hit you twice.

Buff the weapon, please.

Well that was awfully slow for a minigun as they normally puts out thousands of rounds pr minute. Just call it shotguns on a barrel. :D 

Ok, so I was able to test it a bit better on my machine. One of its biggest issues is that the max fire rate is pathetically slow. That needs to be drastically increased. If your machine is strong enough to tank its way to max fire rate, then it deserves to return some serious punishment.

Suggestion:

Speed-up starts in "Tab to watch".

Speed-up only cost 1 seconds.

Max shoot speed should be 10 shots per second, per damage is 10% of damage.

• Like 1

Minigun has only one advantage over ALL weapons...it is fastest first hit so far, probably 0.5 sec. So theoreticaly, if overpump it with toolbox it can be oneshot weapon with ability of first strike. It even hits flying sneakies with two backpedals because it shoots before it jumps.

But damage is per second so it's 1/2 (i think). Twice more damage toolbox needed comparing to oneshot doublerocket but, i'll repeat, it can be most strongest one weapon so far. 

It's too late for me to use it but if i would just got to 10/24 i would really considering to use it instead of double rockets. And i'll repeat reason...it hits ANY build first!!!

Edited by SeniorSSS

54 minutes ago, SeniorSSS said:

Minigun has only one advantage over ALL weapons...it is fastest first hit so far, probably 0.5 sec. So theoreticaly, if overpump it with toolbox it can be oneshot weapon with ability of first strike. It even hits flying sneakies with two backpedals because it shoots before it jumps.

But damage is per second so it's 1/2 (i think). Twice more damage toolbox needed comparing to oneshot doublerocket but, i'll repeat, it can be most strongest one weapon so far. 

It's too late for me to use it but if i would just got to 10/24 i would really considering to use it instead of double rockets. And i'll repeat reason...it hits ANY build first!!!

You can do it but you really need a lot of toolbox, and a lot of gems.

Damage toolbox's chance is not high.

I can said the out-of-screen no-scoper can stacks toolbox too, just make it look like one rocket one kill.

First, as i can't edit previous post.

I rewatched video and minigun doesn't shoot in 0.5 sec, my bad, it's in 1 sec as for other except laser but it has speed close to laser so it catches any build.

And damage looks like about 1/3. Probably because those 3 barrels. If that so then it's triple attack boxes too boost equaly to double or just rockets.

But what i wanted to say in previous post...if there would be fight between oneshot minigun and any other oneshot build,, minigun would win always. I can't imagine any tactic that would help against it. That theoreticaly makes it best weapon...in a very very very long term :) You have to boost it like hell but if someone will it would be epic and unstapable untill facing same tactic of course.

Edited by SeniorSSS

16 minutes ago, BlandBread said:

No video, no proof.

If you can defeat the "2 shots" death (double) rocket users, minigun will not be screwed.

For now, Rocket and Laser are "constant DPS" for the all time.

Minigun, Shotgun, Chainsaw, Stinger, Drill, Blade, their DPS is delayed in the initial time, therefore rocket wins because they don't have DPS delay.

Edited by Pokerman

You are right in most cases, but if you are able to take more hits and flip them, you win. Except for when they have dub rocket and blade.

I got the minigun from the gangbox earlier. Is this supposed to be a reward for doing good in gang fights? Because I was expecting a bullet hose. Instead i got a pea shooter with the fire rate of a pumpmaster pellet gun. Major let down

I start to hate minigun :)

I have one o those "pesky" flying tigers by myself and i liked that it had first hit ability. Now these new miniguns they can't kill me but they are scratching my car paint!!! Oh comon, it's brand new, you ...!

It's too late for me to start boosting minigun instead of double rocket. Nothing very bad i just have to think about health again now. Still...i don't like miniguns.

P.S. And speaking about attack boosters...suck that laser! :D

The minigun is no longer being screwed due to per shot deal full toolbox damage research, minigun is the new God tier weapon in stacking toolbox stage

• Like 1

Okey, so much for flying sneaky - "i don't care about health while i'm doing oneshot kill"

Now it's titan who don't cares :)

jumpervsminigun.gif.97f8d101b8a70f78ac50af9a70a96433.gif

I'll be fine because my sneaky is "old" and have good xp but new builders have to reconsider their tactics now.

You kids are nubs.... the solution is not to counter the sneak with a minigun, but to combine the two! At least at low levels when hardly anyone has double rockets. Works like a charm, because you almost always land facing left behind your opponent, and by the time they go left and then back, your minigun will be running full blast.

Also, stacking attack boxes on it is pretty good, my minigun says it does 164 dmg but does +100 dmg per shot.

I'm only on stage 4 and I can easily take on opponents with +1000 hp because it eats it away like crazy (great for gang fights).

Shi Hana .. your comments gave me a good laugh and brightened up my day.

Take a little time out from building your sneaky with minigun to check the top players leaderboard. You won't have to go too far down to find SeniorSSS!!

At 10/24 "stacking" toolboxes on a weapon means adding 50 to 100 toolboxes to produce damage of around 500,000 to 1 million. This comes at a significant cost, so switching from double rockets to miniguns would take considerable time and effort.

You're quite right that miniguns stacked with toolboxes show a lot of promise. The point being made by SeniorSSS is the difficulty of switching weapons now, having made such a huge resource commitment to his current build. 

Anyway, for you to call SeniorSSS a "nub" is the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum. Keep up the comedy routine .. it has added to my enjoyment of this great game.