Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Gang leaderboard points

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how the gang leaderboard works? 

The points for our team are those earned from just the latest round .. they do not include our first round points.

Is that true for other gangs as well? 

It seems strange to me that the leaderboard wouldn't show cumulative scores for all rounds completed to date, so I hope we're just missing some points which should be added to our score.

You are right.

This is a BIG let down! This is really disappointing, and same opinion have most members of my gang!

There's not really a point now to try to be highly ranked as all your efforts will disappear after 3 days!

Fast update to include trophies from previous gang fights would make this competition more attractive.

I really hope the developers get this fixed quickly and move to a cumulative scoreboard. 

Otherwise they will miss out on a great commercial opportunity created by the introduction of gangs. Many in my gang were prepared to spend gems to reset and gain additional trophies for the benefit of the team. That is now pointless under the current scoring system.

Once you have enough trophies to earn a gang 5 box you may as well stop fighting. Who will care or even remember which gang wins most trophies in any given round .. it is the most pointless competition I have ever seen.

This is so easily fixed .. please get this sorted out quickly. The team spirit created by gangs has been fantastic, and the best innovation in the game to date. Don't spoil it with a scoring system that makes no sense at all to those of us who love to compete.

Like I said in the General section's similar topic:

If it was cumulative it's only going to become a Gang-version of the "Top Players" board where the gang who farms the points the most goes to the top, and you all know how people feel about the current Top Players board. It might take a while before a cumulative Gang Leaderboard turns into that, but I can understand from their point of view why they have it this way of resetting back to 0 each round.

Gang box level and exp reverts back to 0, which is a bigger issue for me. It makes joining partial gangs pointless if they can't even get to box level 1, and makes gang morale poisonous immediately when a player or two doesn't take part in Gang Fights for equal share of trophies.

Alternatively, I suppose, we could have a second Gang leaderboard that shows "All-time Points" in addition to "Current Round"? That could be a compromise that we might be agreeable on?

Fa

2 hours ago, Maaya said:

If it was cumulative it's only going to become a Gang-version of the "Top Players" board where the gang who farms the points the most goes to the top, 

Alternatively, I suppose, we could have a second Gang leaderboard that shows "All-time Points" in addition to "Current Round"? That could be a compromise that we might be agreeable on?

Can't agree with that.

Quick fights are free you can play as many opponents as you want unlike gang battles which are expensive, because you need to spend gems for each reset. If your achievements are lost after 3 days what's the point of this leaderboard at all?

We like competition. After these couple of months we are again at the start point when we can compete from the very beginning, all have equal opportunities.

Many people wanted to spend money for extra gems to have upper hand in gang battles, but when leaderboard doesn't matter right now nobody will do this investment, no point.

Your second thought on all time gang leaderboard is acceptable.

I definitely agree that there should be an all time leaderboard for gangs. Or at least what Maaya said with two gang leaderboards: one with all-time points and another with current round.