Sign in to follow this  
XMINATOR

Gang Trophy Leaderboard Discussion

8 posts in this topic

Our gang trophies for top gangs match what we have earned in the last 72h gang fight period, and they do not equal an addition of what we earned in the first two gang fight periods. Is this intentional? Can other gangs confirm the same observation? Wouldn't it be better if trophies were to accumulate, or do you guys/gals prefer for them to merely resemble who earned the most trophies in the latest completed gang fight period? 

It could be intentional.

Otherwise the "Top Gangs" leaderboard is going to be a gang-version of the "Top Pl...*cough* Top Farmers *cough* leaderboard.

Hi there .. check out my post on the same topic under clans.

I won't repeat all the arguments .. but the leaderboard is NOT cumulative! It only shows results for the latest round.

This is very disappointing to all gangs who were looking forward to a genuine competition. One where sustained performance could take you to the top of the leaderboard, rather than a one round blitz where you throw enough gems at the contest to get a bag of trophies.

Hopefully we can get sufficient support for a cumulative leaderboard for the developers to reconsider this aspect of gang fighting.

4 hours ago, Maaya said:

It could be intentional.

Otherwise the "Top Gangs" leaderboard is going to be a gang-version of the "Top Pl...*cough* Top Farmers *cough* leaderboard.

It's not possible to farm in gang fights.

It's pricy: resets cost respectively 30, 60, 90, 150 and 250 gems which creates enough obstruction for farmers.

11 minutes ago, AVEC said:

It's not possible to farm in gang fights.

It's pricy: resets cost respectively 30, 60, 90, 150 and 250 gems which creates enough obstruction for farmers.

One youtuber made a good point...it's very farmable. Make calculation yourself...one legendary box=300 gems. And you get 6 super details and one legendary item and booster.

In 10 rounds of gang fight, of course, if you can do all ten, you get 23 details, not sure, but i think there is at least 6 super details and 1 legendary item and 3 boosters.

And first couple times it's extremely cheap comparing to 300 gems for legendary box. And it's still more profitable even with 250 gems reset than just bying that box. But there is a risk to get unbeatable bot. You can say what you want but they are bots made by using real people builds.

Edited by SeniorSSS

But price factor remains, this is a lot more pricy than quick fights farming. You don't need to spend any gem to keep farming in quick fights. But note you have to spend money to keep resetting gang fights which is a good obstacle to farming. I believe majority of people don't spend any money for this game.

There are other HUGE differences between quick fighting and gang fighting. They are like chalk and cheese .. and I don't much like the taste of chalk!

The main problem with quick fighting is the unfair advantage a player can gain by automating the process. In that way they can be earning points while having a cup of coffee or tea while the rest of us are tediously tapping away. I am not aware of any way that gang fighting is being, or can be automated.

The second big problem with the individual leaderboard is that anyone can earn quick fight points with enough effort (excluding automators who put in no effort) .. even with a very ordinary car. So it's possible for a player to rise to the top of the leaderboard with a car that could be easily beaten by many other players. Having said that, a quick check of the top 100 players reveals a significant majority of very impressive cars. There are two features of quick fighting that make gaining points relatively easy .. the ability to skip fights you expect to lose (for a very modest coin cost) and the points differential between winning and losing fights (which becomes huge at win streaks of 10+).

On the other hand, winning trophies in gang fights IS NOT EASY. You can't skip opponents .. your only option is to reset at a significant gem cost, which rises each time you reset. And unlike quick fighting, you can't lose a gang fight, have (say) two trophies deducted, then carry on gang fighting. Once you lose a gang fight, you're out for a day (unless you spend gems to reset).

To sum up .. we have a sensible cumulative player leaderboard based unfortunately on a flawed quick fighting system (which can be cheated). Now we also have a meaningless gang leaderboard based on a much more robust gang fighting system. 

Gang fighting still has its problems I know, but let's at least get the leaderboard set up right.

I can only agree with Phil's sentiment here. Everything said is spot on.

i am more than slightly confused as to what devs were thinking when making the decision to reset gang trophies after each gang fight period. Similarly to what has been described by others, I was spending and gearing up to spend more gems on getting extra trophies into my clan. Having realized that trophies are non-permanent on the leaderboard, this urge to spend gems spontaneously combusted. And fair enough, there will still be some who still reset for parts gained from boxes in gang fights, but I think it's safe to say those make a smaller portion of the pie.. 

The bottomline, it seems to me, is a missed opportunity to earn money and maximize profit on the gamemakers part... Which after all remains their main priority.

Lets hope they are following a lean strategy and are quick to adjust, else this might end up turning players away (myself included).

Would be interesting to hear mechanics thoughts on this.