Mikey

Clan ranking? Bug or feature?

9 posts in this topic

I have noticed clan ranking changes between cycles.

For example last cycle ended and Swat Cats was rated 311, 24 hours later it is rated 367. What changed?

I noticed this the first cycle too. What gives? Bug? Or intended feature?

IMG_4187.PNG

IMG_4190.PNG

Hi Mikey

My money's on bug rather than intended feature.

Our gang has also drifted lower on the leaderboard since it was initially updated. Given our team's score didn't change, there must have been errors in other teams scores that were subsequently rectified.

I did notice at one stage that our trophy score fell to zero .. and we had to get the correct score reinstated. Perhaps this has happened to many teams, so that when their score is corrected, it shuffles the leaderboard around.

The problem exists probably due to different leaderboard update time for various world regions. Some gangs get their ranking updated earlier like XXX while others like OPG can still improve their ranking seeing partially updated leaderboard.

It can't be different time zones. I travel across different time zones and have not noticed inconsistencies. The only inconsistency is the the varying level. 

My guess it is a bug with the programming of how it determines the ranking. (I.e. Level is not calculated until first member login, or some other bull crap)

A one or five increment I can accept as buggy, but in the 50% change range that I have seen, I have to say feature. And ask why?

There are different deadline zones:

The following text are my experience and it could be not fully correct!

Players from and gangs founded in Europe and familiar time zones will always end on 20:00/8PM UTC* this is 21:00/9PM GMT summer, 22:00/10PM CEST, 23:00/11PM EEST and 0:00/12AM Western Russia Time (summer?)

Players from and gangs founded in the USA and familiar time zones will always end on 4:00(AM) UTC* This is 20:00/8PM AKDT, 21:00/9PM PDT, 22:00/10PM MDT, 23:00/11PM CDT, 0:00/12:00AM EDT

Players from and gangs founded in Japan, Korea, China and similar time zones will probally end on 12:00(PM) UTC* This is 20:00/8PM in China (no daylight), 21:00/9PM in Japan (no daylight)

*Just the UTC time for Central Europa and USA are for me certain and confirmed. Please add your deadline and your time zone. Another problem could be the way back to standard time for recalculating the time.

Greets; Shiriru94

If you go to the CATS website, you can check out the current YouTube contest at the top of the page. Under rules for that contest, the three time zones for gang fights are clearly set out.

You were spot on Shiriru .. time zones are :

Asia .. round ends at 12pm UTC

Europe .. round ends at 8pm UTC

America .. round ends at 4am UTC

I assume time zones for each gang depend on the gang leader's time zone. Obviously players in a gang could come from each of the time zones, and do in the case of my gang.

The Asian time zone teams complete their round first, and the gang leaderboard is updated at some point. When European time zone teams finish their round, a further update of the leaderboard will shuffle the position of gangs. Finally, another possible change in leaderboard position occurs after the American time zone teams complete their round. After that, there should be no change in your team's position.

So it's not a bug .. but a consequence of having gang fights finish at three different times around the world.

10 hours ago, Phil said:

If you go to the CATS website, you can check out the current YouTube contest at the top of the page. Under rules for that contest, the three time zones for gang fights are clearly set out.

You were spot on Shiriru .. time zones are :

Asia .. round ends at 12pm UTC

Europe .. round ends at 8pm UTC

America .. round ends at 4am UTC

I assume time zones for each gang depend on the gang leader's time zone. Obviously players in a gang could come from each of the time zones, and do in the case of my gang.

The Asian time zone teams complete their round first, and the gang leaderboard is updated at some point. When European time zone teams finish their round, a further update of the leaderboard will shuffle the position of gangs. Finally, another possible change in leaderboard position occurs after the American time zone teams complete their round. After that, there should be no change in your team's position.

So it's not a bug .. but a consequence of having gang fights finish at three different times around the world.

Thx for exhaustive explanation. Anyway this confirms my assumption that gangs completing their rounds later can adjust their ranking seeing earlier results.