HughPayne

Long bets

7 posts in this topic

Lately it seems that the long bets (especially true of the 5-hour ones) are getting more unpredictable, in that what appears to be an obvious win for one body gets the tables turned and gives victory to the one with bad matchup and that the physics never behave the same way in two matches and can pull a Wile E. Coyote on you when you least expect it. Bets that once were safe became a thing of pure luck. I've lost over 700 gems to these despite the experience I have.

What is key to winning those bets? 

Are they even worth the trouble now?

Two things:

1. The longer bets are called super bets.

2. I don't know what you're talking about for the long bets, you could just be getting unlucky. It used to be like this for me but now it seems to be easier for some reason.

On 9/18/2017 at 3:16 PM, DabbingCuttlefish said:

Two things:

1. The longer bets are called super bets.

2. I don't know what you're talking about for the long bets, you could just be getting unlucky. It used to be like this for me but now it seems to be easier for some reason.

are you like a moderator or something?

Bets were changed somewhere in the begginning of September. I used to bet quite a lot before and it was relatively easy to boost a part from 3 to 60%, with just 1, 2 or 3 lost ones at the most, since they weren't that hard to predict. However, it's quite different now, I guess the devs took some decent time to come up with bets that might look quite obvious, but eventually the less obvious machine wins. They added more boosters, bigger wheels, repulses, also bodies that are easier to flip over, making it quite hard to predict the otcome, if one of the machines for example has significantly more attack, the other one almost every time has a forklift and you basically have to make a rough estimation if it'd make enough damage before it gets flipped over. There are many times when something completely extraordinary happens and again the machine you are almost 100% certain would win just loses the fight. So I think it'd be better if you're rather cautious and bet only if it's neccessary, I mean if you really need these percentages added to your part. Btw cheers to the devs that came up with such bets, it definitely takes some skill to do it properly.