BunniDurp

Why can't I talk in my gang?

22 posts in this topic

I'm not the owner, and it's been open for a long time, but why can't I talk in chat?
When I get enough gems, I will make a gang, but for now, I have to stay with other gangs.

2 hours ago, BunniDurp said:

I would, but I'm afraid I can't

Sorry.

If you don't know how to take screenshot...go to google and write your phone model and how to make screenshot...there are plenty manuals. It's easy. And it's possible to add image to post without uploading it somewhere, easy too.

What's a problem then?

2 hours ago, BunniDurp said:

I would, but I'm afraid I can't

Sorry.

• If you're on i0S

Press the Home and Power buttons at the same time and hold them both for 1 second

• if you're on Android

Press both the Power and Volume-down buttons simultaneously and hold them both for approx. 2 secs. Sometimes some models can provide an easier way of taking screenshots.

Edited by HughPayne

2 hours ago, NotANewb said:

Maybe there is an age requirement like kot,

On king of thieves, you had to be over 12 to talk to guild memebers

I don't think so. I'm meanwhile on my 3rd gang. I also led one and there are no options to control rights for chat or age restrictions.

I think there is a bug too. @BunniDurp can you please post screenshots from the chat and from the gang settings?

They explains this in their FAQ. If you told them you were under 12 then when you registered you don't have access to gang talk

On 9/11/2017 at 12:34 AM, Shiriru said:

I don't think so. I'm meanwhile on my 3rd gang. I also led one and there are no options to control rights for chat or age restrictions.

I think there is a bug too. @BunniDurp can you please post screenshots from the chat and from the gang settings?

You can't set the restriction in the gang options, it comes "BUILT-IN" INTO THE GAME (not yelling just pronunciating)

And yes as other people said, it is 12 years old.

And this is one of the reasons you don't post accurate personal info into or on any game or social media or anything else.

pls don't ban me for saying this, I just don't like posting personal info.

Edited by smartbot

1 hour ago, Justinj said:

How do you change the age?  I don't remember setting mine but I'm unable to chat.

you cant

At least you can try...change age at google or/and facebook. There is no age info in the game itself so it takes it from somewhere else. Question is, does it do it every time or only at first time loging in.

Change age, restart game and see what happens. 

6 hours ago, SeniorSSS said:

At least you can try...change age at google or/and facebook. There is no age info in the game itself so it takes it from somewhere else. Question is, does it do it every time or only at first time loging in.

Change age, restart game and see what happens. 

Actually, when you start the game it asks you for an age. If you respond with >13 then you can't chat. Numbers 13+ allow you to chat.

44 minutes ago, Taken said:

Actually, when you start the game it asks you for an age. If you respond with >13 then you can't chat. Numbers 13+ allow you to chat.

At which moment?...i have reinstaled several times and now have second account but don't remember such question.

It asks name and then intro play. Then i bind it to facebook. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 6:13 AM, Taken said:

So if you respond with <13 (say 12), are you permanently condemned to silence, and being unable to chat with your team mates?

In hindsight (and I know we're all wiser in hindsight), it would have been much better to ask players for their date of birth! Zeptolab could then automatically update players' ages .. and a 12 year old turning 13 would wake up to the chat icon appearing in their gang chat room. A nice birthday present from Zeptolab  :D

I'm not sure if it's too late for current "non-ageing" players, but could Zeptolab change their procedures and ask new players for their date of birth? That would be a much smarter idea.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2017 at 10:47 PM, Justinj said:

How do you change the age?  I don't remember setting mine but I'm unable to chat.

I don't actually remember changing mine either, it could connect the data to a linked google play games account or a face book account.

Also No you can't change your age in game, but you can change your age in your google account (it is set to birthday) and you could possibly change it in Facebook (not sure because I don't own a Facebook account). Not sure if it would update to the game though.

Edited by smartbot

On 10/12/2017 at 3:13 PM, Taken said:

Actually, no, when you load the game and link it to a google play games/Facebook account, it doesn't ask for age, if you don't link an account at all, it does ask you for an age.

Most permanently silenced people like me will just quit the game.  I did Check my FB account and I show up as 54 years old so that's not it.  No idea why the game thinks I'm not old enough.  

If you read the gang chat section of Zeptolab's in-game help, it basically says :

1. If you're under US jurisdiction .. and

2. You say your age is 1-12 when registering your character ..

then you won't be able to access gang chat because of specific US legislation protecting children aged 12 or under.

So it is apparently not just a matter of age, but also the country you are registered as playing from. If Zeptolab's in-game help is correct on this, 12 year olds from Canada (and most other countries in the world) can chat happily away in their gangs, while 12 year olds from the United States cannot.

6 hours ago, Justinj said:

Most permanently silenced people like me will just quit the game.  I did Check my FB account and I show up as 54 years old so that's not it.  No idea why the game thinks I'm not old enough.  

I dont think the game checks your fb info as its always asked for my age upon starting over and you cant link  with fb until AFTER you finish the tutorial stages. Just go into phone settings>app management  find your cats app and erase the data and start over inputting the corrected age. You start over but big deal..

Edited by FirstBlood
Illiteracy