Big_Benny

Gang leader team information

13 posts in this topic

As the leader of a clan it would be useful to see what members have contributed over recent fights and how many trophies they won for the gang. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They need to add much more content for gangs.

1. Invite feature

2. General private message system

3. World chat

4. Officer positions for gangs

5. Option to increase gang size. Maybe with gems, or maybe based off some sort of honor point system

6. View past gang box fights like you mentioned 

7. More that I'm forgetting

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Neo said:

They need to add much more content for gangs.

1. Invite feature

2. General private message system

3. World chat

4. Officer positions for gangs

5. Option to increase gang size. Maybe with gems, or maybe based off some sort of honor point system

6. View past gang box fights like you mentioned 

7. More that I'm forgetting

All of these are GREAT except #2 and #5. 2 because.... Well people can be abused to put it lightly. Cyberbulling, that kind of thing.

5 because... Well 5 would be good with an honor point system but not with gems. I don't like when devs make games more p2w.

Edited by DabbingCuttlefish

As a leader of a gang I always try to make screenshots of each members contribution to determine... well when to kick them if they don't contribute well enough. Furthermore I (as a leader) would like to gift someone that made a great contribution or is stuck. Furthermore I would like to see when somebody entered the gang. I normally give every new member 24 hours to at least get 1 trophy.

1 hour ago, LiQuick said:

Furthermore I (as a leader) would like to gift someone that made a great contribution or is stuck. Furthermore I would like to see when somebody entered the gang. I normally give every new member 24 hours to at least get 1 trophy.

Interesting thought about gifting gang members .. why not allow resources to be transferred between gang members, as occurs in some other games?

Transfer of parts would be problematic because of the different stages in CATS. However, gems are the common currency in CATS .. and gems are by far the most important resource. They certainly determine the number of trophies a player can win in gang fights.

If gems were transferable between gang members, then the leader or another gang member could assist when someone is stuck. And the leader could gift gems to those members who made an outstanding effort to win trophies for the gang.

Making gems transferable between gang members would significantly increase the spirit of cooperation, and make gangs more of a team working together (rather than a bunch of individuals fighting on their own to win trophies). I don’t know how difficult this would be to implement, but do others like the idea? 

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎05 at 9:57 AM, Phil said:

Interesting thought about gifting gang members .. why not allow resources to be transferred between gang members, as occurs in some other games?

Transfer of parts would be problematic because of the different stages in CATS. However, gems are the common currency in CATS .. and gems are by far the most important resource. They certainly determine the number of trophies a player can win in gang fights.

If gems were transferable between gang members, then the leader or another gang member could assist when someone is stuck. And the leader could gift gems to those members who made an outstanding effort to win trophies for the gang.

Making gems transferable between gang members would significantly increase the spirit of cooperation, and make gangs more of a team working together (rather than a bunch of individuals fighting on their own to win trophies). I don’t know how difficult this would be to implement, but do others like the idea? 

Gifting in any multiplayer game formatted like this one is a bad idea, you could create tons of accounts and just gift to your main, there are many ways to exploit gifting no matter what restrictions are appled

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NotANewb said:

Gifting in any multiplayer game formatted like this one is a bad idea, you could create tons of accounts and just gift to your main, there are many ways to exploit gifting no matter what restrictions are appled

There may be ways to exploit gem transfer between team mates in a gang, but the one you have suggested isn’t one of them!

What advantage is gained by transferring gems from multiple accounts to the “main account” in a gang? None whatsoever! 

The cost of resetting to earn additional trophies rises with each reset to a maximum of 250 gems for resets #5 and beyond. So transferring gems to the main account would actually increase the average gem cost of gaining more trophies! That’s not exploitation.. just a silly strategy.

By the way, creating multiple accounts to gain an advantage in gang fighting has already been done. Did you notice the sudden rise of a new gang (KPEMEHb) two rounds ago?

KPEMEHb is a Russian speaking gang with a zero blue points requirement (which did seem odd when I first saw it). According to discord chat, this gang consists of one player, who has created another 24 accounts in addition to his main account. KPEMEHb was #1 gang two rounds ago, and #2 gang last round. 

So multi account strategies to build top 10 gangs do not require gems transfer to work .. they are already being used with great success. If anything, gems transfer between gang members in multi player gangs would level the playing field somewhat.

As an aside, I imagine the gang chat in KPEMEHb is great .. all the team gets on extremely well and they are forever chatting away to one another :D

1 hour ago, Phil said:

None whatsoever! 

What do you mean? Of course there is a severe advantage, if you get all your accounts to get a reddem code, you can get 25x as many gems if you tranfer them.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

There may be ways to exploit gem transfer between team mates in a gang, but the one you have suggested isn’t one of them!

What advantage is gained by transferring gems from multiple accounts to the “main account” in a gang? None whatsoever! 

The cost of resetting to earn additional trophies rises with each reset to a maximum of 250 gems for resets #5 and beyond. So transferring gems to the main account would actually increase the average gem cost of gaining more trophies! That’s not exploitation.. just a silly strategy.

By the way, creating multiple accounts to gain an advantage in gang fighting has already been done. Did you notice the sudden rise of a new gang (KPEMEHb) two rounds ago?

KPEMEHb is a Russian speaking gang with a zero blue points requirement (which did seem odd when I first saw it). According to discord chat, this gang consists of one player, who has created another 24 accounts in addition to his main account. KPEMEHb was #1 gang two rounds ago, and #2 gang last round. 

So multi account strategies to build top 10 gangs do not require gems transfer to work .. they are already being used with great success. If anything, gems transfer between gang members in multi player gangs would level the playing field somewhat.

As an aside, I imagine the gang chat in KPEMEHb is great .. all the team gets on extremely well and they are forever chatting away to one another :D

No, no, no

What I  and Taken are saying is allowing gem exchange between accounts in a gang will benefit the player

What you are saying is allowing gem exchange between members in a gang will benefit the gang

In our cases, we are both right, but if zepto allows any type of gem exchange, who will say that players won't use it to benefit themselves? Heck, I will even use the system to benefit myself. The Russian gang you are talking about has nothing to do with exchanging in-game but everything to do with using multiple accounts

1 hour ago, Taken said:

What do you mean? Of course there is a severe advantage, if you get all your accounts to get a reddem code, you can get 25x as many gems if you tranfer them.

Severe advantage? Not at all!

25x20 gems for recent redeem codes equals 500 gems.

It took 29,500 gems ( minimum) for OPG to score their 70,000 + trophy haul recently.

500/29,500 = 1.7%

Hardly a severe advantage .. an extra 500 gems is trivial in the race to be the #1 gang in CATS.

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

Severe advantage? Not at all!

25x20 gems for recent redeem codes equals 500 gems.

It took 29,500 gems ( minimum) for OPG to score their 70,000 + trophy haul recently.

500/29,500 = 1.7%

Hardly a severe advantage .. an extra 500 gems is trivial in the race to be the #1 gang in CATS.

Again, you are thinking about this idea for gathering trophies, not at how separate players can use this to their advantage

Plus, there was a code that ran for 12+hours that gave 200 gems

If you only think about that code, 25*200=5000-200= 4800, imagine getting an extra 4800 gems only by having a gang full of backups. I would go through the hassle of making extra accounts to get 4,800 gems. And this is only if you stop at 24 back-ups. In theory, you could make in infinite amount of back-up accounts, Just give your gems to your main, leave the guild, join with a new account and repeat the process

Now do you get it? :)

Edited by NotANewb

I understand your point .. but individual player gains are an increasingly minor consideration in CATS these days.

Since the introduction of gangs, the competition between gangs for leaderboard honours (sadly only on a round by round basis, but that’s another issue) is the only game in town. There is no effective individual player competition.. the top player leaderboard (scrambled and exploited by auto clickers) is a joke! Championships and leagues at the 10/24 level are only useful for the gems they generate to spend on gang fights.

So an individual player would use gems to enhance their car stats to (a) improve their ability to win gang fights .. or (b) for “ bragging rights” that they have the biggest and best car (in terms of health/damage stats).

I don’t know about you .. but I don’t care at all about who has the best car in CATS. Anyone willing to outspend other players by buying more containers of gems than other players can build the biggest and best car. Not a reflection of skill .. but of spending power. It follows that using multiple accounts to transfer gems to a main account player would be just another way to build a “monster” car .. in competition with the game’s big spenders.

On the other hand, it is still possible (albeit difficult) for a free spending gang to be the #1 gang in CATS. That may change .. but for now it makes gang competition the only fair fight in CATS. Gem transfer within gangs would improve the ability of free playing gangs to gain trophies .. if the only downside is the possibility that individual players will use this to build another “monster” car .. does it really matter? They can fight with the big spenders for bragging rights while the rest of us work to become the #1 gang :D