ROBOCOP

Problem with Halloween Quest and Championships

9 posts in this topic

So, it seems many players are remaining in a low championship level wayyy longer than usual. I assume to get huge streaks in the Halloween quest. However it's making it impossible to instant promote due to their overpowered cars.

The game will be slow as molasses this month until they MAKE YOU COMPETE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.. perhaps? 

Plz Zeptolab. plz

Alternatively, you could focus on the Halloween quest! I'm sure with all the great parts you can win as your candy pile grows, it won't be long before you too have an overpowered car. Who knows .. you might get an instant promotion after all :D

Gang fights are another great way to spend some time while trapped in the "molasses" of CATS life. They will also earn you some great parts and toolboxes to improve your current build. 

So rather than worrying about the strength of your opponents, I'd work a bit harder on the Halloween quest and gang fights (which are lots of fun) .. get some awesome parts and build a winning vehicle!!

Thank you. I'l try but so far i've found that instead of instant promoting 3-4 times between championship endings, i'm getting 0-1.  I'm finding opponents with 0 wins who could kill all other cars in 1 hit.  It just sucks that other players forgoing prestiging makes it so much more difficult for other players to advance.  That build towards instant promoting is what makes this game amazing! I'm feeling less motivation to play recently as this play style is all but disabled :(. Would forcing championship participation change the game significantly? Sounds like a sweet little hotfix ;) By the way thank you for your fast reply (I assume you work at Zeptolab).

much love,

-Your friendly neighborhood Robocop

Edited by ROBOCOP

9 minutes ago, ROBOCOP said:

Thank you. I'l try but so far i've found that instead of instant promoting 3-4 times between championship endings, i'm getting 0-1.  I'm finding opponents with 0 wins who could kill all other cars in 1 hit.  It just sucks that other players forgoing prestiging makes it so much more difficult for other players to advance.  That build towards instant promoting is what makes this game amazing! I'm feeling less motivation to play recently as this play style is all but disabled :(. Would forcing championship participation change the game significantly? Sounds like a sweet little hotfix ;) By the way thank you for your fast reply (I assume you work at Zeptolab).

much love,

-Your friendly neighborhood Robocop

Actually almost no one here works for Zepto lab. At least I think. But Phil doesn't.

Anyway your situation is exactly what gadgets are for!

Yeah .. I see the problem! 

Normally those mismatches are reserved for gang fights .. lol .. although to be fair to Zeptolab, gang fights have been much closer and fairer contests since the recent update!

I use a sneaky with double lifters to try to beat opponents like yours .. body doesn't matter much, but 2 lifters can put a vehicle on its backside, with the double rocket firing straight up into the air. Your health just has to be high enough to take the first shot.

I'm not sure how Zeptolab could force players to fight .. the championship is set up for players to challenge each other to win their medal .. but you have to initiate the fight to win the medal. There are other considerations.. a player could be sick or on holiday, so that's why they're not competing. 

Just one other point. I understand the adrenalin rush of instant promotions, but it is a transitory part of CATS. I've played for four and a half months now .. two months getting to 10/24 .. and the rest as a 10/24 player, where instant promotions have become a distant memory. I fully expect to spend the rest of my CATS life without further promotion opportunities. Other things become important .. gang fights, contests, improving your vehicle .. and I hope in time we will see regular tournaments for all stage 24 players.

Ah so play changes significantly once you get to 10 prestiges and 24.. what?  I think the climb up there shouldn't be so badly hampered by a new feature/event. are events common? only played for a few weeks. already dropped like 20 bucks. hah

You're making great progress to be prestige 4 after just a few weeks :D

This Halloween quest is the first time Zeptolab have organised an event for all players. I think it's a fantastic new feature .. I'm spending a good few hours each day opening boxes to get tickets and fighting my Halloween opponents. 

The quest may affect you less as time goes by. For example, some players have gone all-in and already completed the quest! These guys will go back to championship fighting now, get their instant promotions, and move on. Hopefully, that includes your current nemesis Cheetoxxx!

Otherwise, you'll get promoted when the championship ends in around 9 hours .. and you may well get a more favourable draw and another bunch of instant promotions.

In the meantime, enjoy collecting as many Halloween quest prizes as you can .. Zeptolab don't often give prizes such as 1000 gems away .. "seize the day" :D

I call those players - campers. There were very few before gang fights update. But back then campers lived at 10 prestige 4 level to get easier points from quick fights to claim to world top 500.

Now, after gang fights is here these campers can be anywhere. Ussually same 4-5 level but you can meat them elsewhere too. Point of camping is to add many attack and health toolboxes to easy win all 10 opponents in gang figths. I think it's about week of camping and that system starts to pay off.

For Halloween it's not so necessary.

I would suggest option to change championship. For, let say, 15-30 gems. For those who is not looking for prize but for instant promote itself.

P.S. And besides campers there is the trolls. Players who finds their joy of screawing others players joy of gaming. 

P.P.S. Few strong but not promoting players simply don't have much time to play or they are not so addicted. But those are just strong not extremely op.