Austin

Bonus gold/gems for taking no damage in a quick fight?

11 posts in this topic

It seems like its pretty difficult to take absolutely no damage in a match. Possibly some sort of bonus could be added for a perfect match?

• Like 1

I personally don't like this suggestion because you're going to get rewarded for beating bots (bots are randomly put in if you skip a few times). If you are evenly matched, they chances that you're not going to take any damage is pretty low.

It would also be a buff to 360 no scope and bouncy boulder type builds because they generally evade the melee weapons.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Taken said:

I personally don't like this suggestion because you're going to get rewarded for beating bots (bots are randomly put in if you skip a few times). If you are evenly matched, they chances that you're not going to take any damage is pretty low.

It would also be a buff to 360 no scope and bouncy boulder type builds because they generally evade the melee weapons.

Ah, yeah. Didn't think about that happening. 

Though, It still may be a rare enough occasion with players using stingers and rockets to get the first hit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Austin said:

Though, It still may be a rare enough occasion with players using stingers and rockets to get the first hit.

Using melee weapons you will almost always get hit, and if not you are probably using some extremely over-powered stinger to not get hit by any other melee wepaons, for even 1 hp.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Taken said:

Using melee weapons you will almost always get hit, and if not you are probably using some extremely over-powered stinger to not get hit by any other melee wepaons, for even 1 hp.

Oh, I'm not necessarily talking about the stinger user getting the perfect match, but the stinger user preventing the bouncy boulder type builds from getting a perfect match

I do agree (on second thought)....was just contemplating the fact that you would only be getting rewarded for someone else's building limitations as opposed to anything you've done. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Speedtek said:

I do agree (on second thought)....was just contemplating the fact that you would only be getting rewarded for someone else's building limitations as opposed to anything you've done. 

While that is true, it would still remain difficult to not take a single hit during a match.

I don't know.....I have it happen a fair amount actually......

when your rockets have lots of firepower and the opponent is using close combat weapons on a slow body.....you're pretty much gauranteed a no hit scenario.

Dont like the idea of a reward for no damage taken. Impossible to get on builds with drills and such.
I do like the idea of a reward of gems and gold. Maybe replace the boxes you get and instead get a small amount of gems and gold per streak.

How about a free crown for these flawless victories? I get 0 damage taken about 1 in every 5 wins. Grinding crowns can be a bit monotonous, so this would be throwing us a bone :D