Alpha

The Code topic

228 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Stop posting so much?

From the cat (fish?) with 171 posts? Another piece of delightfully ironic humour .. thanks for entertaining us while we scour all the CATS social media platforms for those elusive codes/ gems :D

More than 48 hours now since the last code .. I’m starting to feel a little bit hungry!

:D

By the way my profile pic is a baby cuttlefish. Search up cuttlefish on Google.

And what I meant by stop posting so much is that people are posting ridiculously asking for codes.

just wait for people to actually post the codes and the react to them! Simple enough.

Edit: just realized the joke... (Face palm)

Edited by DabbingCuttlefish

27 minutes ago, Jakers said:

Were da codes at

Can you stop posting things like this. You don't want to be know as a post-booster do you?

If someone finds a code they will post it here and asking for codes won't help.

You can find out about codes faster on the discord, but no codes have been found recently.

• Sad 1

This is a spam post feel free to ignore it.  EVERYONE knows cats are independently minded and post where we wish.  If we didn't, we'd be dogs.  X-P~. Phbbbbbt!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Apparently there are problems with the code generating software (according to CATS discord chat).

That clearly explains why there has been no new code for over 8 days now :(

I know (or at least hope!) the developers are working over time to fix this problem. The redeem code box (in-game settings) is a fantastic permanent addition to the game. Code generating problems are the latest hiccup in a series of code issues (premature expiry, false codes etc) since the redeem code box first appeared. Please fix this as a matter of urgency before another great Zeptolab initiative is tarnished by poor execution.

By the way .. rewarding cats who are active in the game and on Forum/CATS social media sites is both fair play and good for business :D

• Like 3

Sorry guys .. code has already expired :(

These YouTube livestreams are brutal on code expiry .. I was lucky to be awake at 5.30am and on CATS discord ( where you get advance notice of the code prior to the livestream ending). You really need to be on CATS discord, or have gang members who are, to have any realistic chance of claiming your 20 gems.

I really hope Zeptolab switch it up and provide codes via the Forum and CATS Facebook page as well ( with longer expiry times of (say) 4 hours). You still have to be active to get your gems .. but you wouldn’t be penalised for being on the wrong side of the world, like you are now!

It would also save us from always having to endure these boring and pointless videos to get gems. Why not cut these videos back to 5 or 10 minutes (rather than half an hour) .. and just focus on promo codes, next update teasers and some subtle advertising of the in-game shop?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Phil said:

Sorry guys .. code has already expired :(

These YouTube livestreams are brutal on code expiry .. I was lucky to be awake at 5.30am and on CATS discord ( where you get advance notice of the code prior to the livestream ending). You really need to be on CATS discord, or have gang members who are, to have any realistic chance of claiming your 20 gems.

I really hope Zeptolab switch it up and provide codes via the Forum and CATS Facebook page as well ( with longer expiry times of (say) 4 hours). You still have to be active to get your gems .. but you wouldn’t be penalised for being on the wrong side of the world, like you are now!

It would also save us from always having to endure these boring and pointless videos to get gems. Why not cut these videos back to 5 or 10 minutes (rather than half an hour) .. and just focus on promo codes, next update teasers and some subtle advertising of the in-game shop?

When I just read this and the code expired. :/ and my record for most replied topic has been broken.... The sadness is real.

And codes, now let me think about this.... I do agree that codes should be posted everywhere. And watching  random videos are horribly annoying. So how about you get more creative with your code distribution, and add some through in-game secrets? I think it would be awesome!

• Like 1

A little bit of code history while we wait for the next one.

When codes first appeared, they :

generated 50 gems (the half year birthday code was worth even more at 200 gems)

popped up every two days on average

lasted for several hours

could be found on various sites, including CATS YouTube and CATS Facebook.

In summary, Zeptolab had created an exciting treasure hunt that potentially rewarded active players with 150 gems per week :D

We often missed out, but no matter .. there was another one coming soon, and we would do our best to get that one!

How things have changed!! Codes are now :

generating 20 gems

appearing once a week ( in Jay’s latest live streaming video)?

lasting 30 minutes (until the video ends)

restricted it seems to a single source (with the added “penalty” of having to watch half an hour of rubbish for 2 minutes worth of good stuff .. the codes and next update teaser).

In summary, Zeptolab have transformed an exciting treasure hunt for up to 150 gems a week into yet another boring grind for a modest 20 gem haul. They have an uncanny knack of coming up with great new initiatives .. then trashing them!

Why? This is development in reverse .. start with a great idea, and go backwards! CATS is a brilliant game .. there are clearly some very clever people working at Zeptolab .. so you can do better than this!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Phil said:

A little bit of code history while we wait for the next one.

When codes first appeared, they :

generated 50 gems (the half year birthday code was worth even more at 200 gems)

popped up every two days on average

lasted for several hours

could be found on various sites, including CATS YouTube and CATS Facebook.

In summary, Zeptolab had created an exciting treasure hunt that potentially rewarded active players with 150 gems per week :D

We often missed out, but no matter .. there was another one coming soon, and we would do our best to get that one!

How things have changed!! Codes are now :

generating 20 gems

appearing once a week ( in Jay’s latest live streaming video)?

lasting 30 minutes (until the video ends)

restricted it seems to a single source (with the added “penalty” of having to watch half an hour of rubbish for 2 minutes worth of good stuff .. the codes and next update teaser).

In summary, Zeptolab have transformed an exciting treasure hunt for up to 150 gems a week into yet another boring grind for a modest 20 gem haul. They have an uncanny knack of coming up with great new initiatives .. then trashing them!

Why? This is development in reverse .. start with a great idea, and go backwards! CATS is a brilliant game .. there are clearly some very clever people working at Zeptolab .. so you can do better than this!

1. The half birthday code was worth 50 gems, not 200. The 200 gem code was CATS_MAXIM, and was a promotion by the you tuber.

2. I COMPLETELY AGREE

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

1. The half birthday code was worth 50 gems, not 200. The 200 gem code was CATS_MAXIM, and was a promotion by the you tuber.

2. I COMPLETELY AGREE

Thanks for the correction .. my bad!

We can only hope Zeptolab reconsider their approach to this aspect of the game .. they WERE on a WINNER.

• Like 1

Jay’s next video is coming in less than 9 hours time (3.45 PM UTC)

That means CODES :D

He will be presenting the third in his series HOW TO PLAY CATS BADLY

Apparently the first two (How to play Halloween quest badly .. and How to build a car badly) were so well received that this series will continue by popular demand!

How to gang fight badly (his next highly anticipated offering) is expected to take live streaming videos to a new level .. so BUCKLE UP .. it’s gonna be one helluva ride!

There was no mention of CODES in the facebook announcement.. but there has to be CODES in this video. Surely?

1 minute ago, Mohammed said:

New code

VEHICLEVIRGINS

Please don't repost codes, especially if the code posts are the last post.

1 hour ago, DanLee said:

Why do they do this!!!!

I posted over a week ago about the history of codes in CATS. In short :

At first we got codes worth 50 gems every two days on average and lasting for SEVERAL HOURS (to give active players a FAIR chance to redeem them).

Now we get codes worth 20 gems once a week and lasting for 30 minutes to an hour.

There was one saving grace with the new code system. Codes were provided in the Play with Jay video series .. these videos were announced SEVERAL HOURS ahead of time, so players at least knew roughly when they were coming, and could plan accordingly.

This time, Zeptolab have sunk to a new low! The latest video was announced (on discord) just 20 MINUTES prior to going live! Those of us who were asleep stood no chance of redeeming the code in time.

Why do they do this? 

Because being fair and reasonable to the active players who love and play their game for hours every day is VERY VERY LOW on their priority list!!

PS We did get two codes worth 20 gems each within the past week .. and those codes lasted for a very long time. Sadly, this random act of kindness must have been too much for Zeptolab’s accountant to bear. I assume they have an accountant whose main task is to minimise the distribution of free gems to players. This imaginary accountant is happy again .. a record low number of gems were redeemed from the latest code!!

• Like 1