Alpha

The Code topic

228 posts in this topic

Yeah .. it’s the middle of the night for me too! I just go to bed early .. and set my alarm for 3am 😵 (Australian time zone).

Codes are released during a YouTube video that starts at 4pm UTC every Thursday (or a bit later if Zeptolab haven’t got their act together, which is a recurring event)

So you can anticipate when the code will be released .. if you’re enthusiastic enough to be up at all hours waiting for it 😀

• Haha 1

LOL 😂 

Just read my previous post .. 2 posts above yours! Your question is answered! 😀😀

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hannah said:

Ugh expired thanks tho

Zepto is fanatics for the movie Mission Impossible. Why is that you ask? Well.... their codes are based on the premise; once you read them (or see them) they spontaneously self destruct. Typically, on a good day, you have mere nano seconds to get your fingers on one of these slippery bastards we call, “codes.” 

I once was in the cubicle of the Zepto laboratory as a fly on the wall. True story, they have office pools every Thursday betting on the length of time from release of said code to expiration. Ive literally witnessed Russian adults rolling over in hysterical fashion, often falling to the ground gasping for air in laughter — Laughing at what you ask? 

Well..... at the site of “f” bombs and tears of agony on their YouTube feed when the community realizes within a fraction of a second the code has already expired. 

Speaking of betting, allow me to lay odds for the next code round. The over/under is .0024 seconds (release-expiration). 

Happy Hunting! 

• Haha 1

Meh.. I'd say more like 6 seconds. Why?

Because zeptolab has 8 letters. They are the 26th letter in the alphabet, the fifth, the 16th, the 20th, the 15th, the 12th, the 1st, and the 2nd.

In number form, that equals to 26, 5, 16, 20, 15, 12, 1, and 2. Now we find the average. We get 12.125. 

HOWEVER, zeptolab is a trickster! Because... Player count! Yay. 

Noting the massive decrease of players after the December update, I'd say about 1 million people play this game right now.

However, about a fraction of those will be ready to input the code. 

Lets say about 1000 people with discord logic.

Noting that it usually takes about 8 seconds to get into the game, and another 3 or so to get into the options menu, and maybe another second to paste the code, we get 12 seconds. But it also should be noted that people are dedicated and had the app open and ready, which decreases the app opening time by about 6 seconds. Noting that the average and the normal game opening time are the same, we can just subtract 12-6 to get 6seconds, which is how fast the code will expire.

yay.

Edited by DabbingCuttlefish

15 hours ago, Platinum said:

The code isn't working 

It was for the first 500 players who redeemed it!

Interesting that the prize was one ultimate part.

Either .. Zeptolab are not allowed to offer gems as prizes (in order to secure Apple’s approval of redeem codes) .. 

Or .. this is yet another reduction in gem supply, following the recent  removal of gems from gang boxes.

If the former, some communication accompanying the reintroduction of codes would have been nice!

If the latter, another mean spirited move from a morally bankrupt, if not financially bankrupt, company that has totally lost the plot 👎

Edited by Phil

Why couldn't the make it my my little pony magic princess game from Gameloft allow the code to remain available 

3 hours ago, Platinum said:

Why couldn't the make it my my little pony magic princess game from Gameloft allow the code to remain available 

Because Gameloft are clearly on the side of good and light .. while Zeptolab are equally clearly aligned with the dark side!

To better understand how Zeptolab operate, consider them part of the evil empire in Star Wars .. their sole purpose is to make CATS players’ lives as unhappy as possible. So the idea of having just 500 players who can redeem the code .. and thousands of players who miss out every week .. fits perfectly with their mission statement.

But don’t be downcast about these temporary victories won by Zeptolab. Increasingly, players and gangs are joining forces to fight back against the evil empire. May the force be with you 😀

10 hours ago, Phil said:

Because Gameloft are clearly on the side of good and light .. while Zeptolab are equally clearly aligned with the dark side!

To better understand how Zeptolab operate, consider them part of the evil empire in Star Wars .. their sole purpose is to make CATS players’ lives as unhappy as possible. So the idea of having just 500 players who can redeem the code .. and thousands of players who miss out every week .. fits perfectly with their mission statement.

But don’t be downcast about these temporary victories won by Zeptolab. Increasingly, players and gangs are joining forces to fight back against the evil empire. May the force be with you 😀

Well Gameloft won my heart cause I'm able to get certain ponies like just now I got a 5 star princess cadence but I wonder why zeptolab wants money more that player count

Just now, HughPayne said:

COD3SRBACKBABY

They stole my phrase!

A great honour .. congratulations 😀