HughPayne

My thoughts

5 posts in this topic

I welcome the addition of new postgame as I don't feel invested enough to make the strongest machines in P10S24, and I'm having a real blast building ultimate machines but I am sorely disappointed to learn that :

• You no longer earn super or legendary boxes upon instant promotion or through league rewards. Now it's all ultimate parts. For many players with high rankings getting a legendary box, hell even a super box every 2 days or upon instant promotion was a huge help in building better machines, but having these taken out makes it even harder to get decent parts. That means the only ways of getting legendary parts are purchaseable boxes and gang boxes. In fact this update is so heavily geared towards building ultimate machines that now playing through the main game feels like wading through molasses, and there is little incentive to even prestige and progress in the main game any more.
  • Quick fights with ultimate cars now require spending tickets and you can only hoard a maximum of 5. Tickets can only be acquired in boxes meaning that to get more fights you either play the waiting game or shell out gems. The league ticket mechanism REALLY puts a damper on the new game mode - think of it as the equialent of "energy" in F2P games - and actively promotes a pay-to-win style gameplay where the highest ranks (and best rewards) are going to be monopolized by heavy payers who won't hesitate to fork over hundreds of gems.
  • Winning ultimate league points is pretty much "Double or nothing", really. You can choose to save your wins or try for double, and if you lose the fight then you lose it all. Not really my idea of fair.
  • Damn near everything in this mode needs gems: want to roll a new opponent? That'll be 10 gems! Lost a fight? No worries, as long as you spend 50 gems you can save your streak. Out of tickets? You can have more, for only 50 gems. Problem being it takes you 3 days to get this amount of gems so not a wise investment here.

I hope these problems will be addressed in the future. This update disappointed by focusing on F2P mechanics that used to be fair.

Edited by HughPayne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I agree with basically everything you said and this is probably that most level-headed, thoughtful comment I've read about the update all day.

It really is disappointing they removed super and legendary boxes from level ups and how they also removed the league in the regular mode. No doubt those boxes helped tremendously with ranking up and getting instant promotions.

For the quick fights in the ultimate mode, I'm not terribly against the ticket idea, but I'm not sure they executed it quite properly. I like the idea because players cannot simply play ultimate matches all day so hopefully there will be a more even playing field within ultimate leagues (other than those who pay but I believe most will not pay for additional tickets).

The amount of gems to do anything in the ultimate mode is definitely outrageous but hopefully this also will prevent most players from speeding through the ultimate game mode.

Overall, this update adds some cool features, but they changed the regular game mode wayyy too much (which is still puzzling).

• Like 1

I think they could immediately: restore legendary and purple boxes on promotion and the same for the ultimate league. Then the game we know would be basically restored. That way they can work on the new features with a functional main game. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HughPayne said:

I welcome the addition of new postgame as I don't feel invested enough to make the strongest machines in P10S24, and I'm having a real blast building ultimate machines but I am sorely disappointed to learn that :

• You no longer earn super or legendary boxes upon instant promotion or through league rewards. Now it's all ultimate parts. In fact this update is so heavily geared towards building ultimate machines that now playing through the main game feels like wading through molasses, and there is little incentive to even prestige and progress in the main game any more.
  • Quick fights with ultimate cars now require spending tickets and you can only hoard a maximum of 5. Tickets can only be acquired in boxes meaning that to get more fights you either play the waiting game or shell out gems. The league ticket mechanism actively promotes a pay-to-win style gameplay where the highest ranks (and best rewards) are going to be monopolized by heavy payers who won't hesitate to fork over hundreds of gems.
  • Damn near everything in this mode needs gems: want to roll a new opponent? That'll be 10 gems! Lost a fight? No worries, as long as you spend 50 gems you can save your streak. Out of tickets? You can have more, for only 50 gems. Problem being it takes you 3 days to get this amount of gems so not a wise investment here.

I hope these problems will be addressed in the future. This update disappointed by focusing on F2P mechanics that used to be fair.

I fully agree with you HughPayne!

After all the hype and all the waiting, this is a hugely disappointing update that has taken the game backwards. :(

Five changes are urgently required :

1  Rewards for winning championships includes both a super or legendary box and an ultimate part (in addition to gems and coins)

2  Rewards for winning league includes gems (in addition to ultimate parts, the new cash for upgrading ultimate parts and coins)

3  At least 10 ultimate fight tickets can be stored (same as Halloween event)

4  Reduce gem cost of skipping opponents, streak saving and purchasing tickets SIGNIFICANTLY

5. Introduce rewards for top gangs 

As players prestige, there is a danger that winning gang fights becomes so difficult (and so gem costly) that many simply give up on them. 

This would be a huge step backwards, since the introduction of gangs and gang fighting was the best change in CATS to date. Higher rank gang boxes can now be won (a very welcome change), but rewards for the gang competition are still required to support this game mode.

Sadly, this update didn’t hit the mark .. the great game is not that great anymore!

However, it’s not too late to reverse the damage this update has caused. Five simple changes .. and CATS will be enjoyable to play again :D