tamedog

Ads watching bug

15 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I get a glitch whenever I try to watch an ad. As soon as I click the button, my screen goes black immediately and I have to force stop the app and relaunch the game. I have tried restarting my phone and reinstalling the game without any luck. 

Help is much appreciated.

Make sure it's not the fault of poor internet speed. It happened to me in the past but I don't experience it anymore.

Same issue here sometimes, it may be only certain ads. Missed out on the last 3 or 4 "watch an ad for a free item" after unlocking, though, which sucks.

LG V30

I'm having the same issue. Click to skip and it goes directly to a black screen and I have to force quit. Not my connection speed either. I did get one Ferdinand ad to play last night so it must be something to do with certain types of ads on Android. My iPhone doesn't have a single issue and none of the iOS users in the gang I lead are having issues. It is however happening to several people in the gang on Android. I spoke with support and they said it was a known issue and then closed the case. Its been days now. Wondering what the deal is.

Galaxy S5 - FAIL
iPhone 5S - WORKS

Mine happens to all ads. So I'm have to wait the entire duration of all boxes. It's a nightmare!

My brother uses the same phone, we share the same with connection and his works perfectly. So internet speed doesn't explain either. 

Same thing here, moved to SD - black ads and no way to reverse it.   Including moving back to internal memory,  reinstalling, etc.

Any help?

If you haven’t already done so, I would contact Zeptolab support for help. One of my gang members now has the same problem.

Given the crucial importance of being able to watch ads, it is so frustrating that after 8 months of CATS, Zeptolab has been unable to develop a stable ads platform.

All we can do as players is continue to report all ads problems as they arise, and urge Zeptolab to put more development time into their ads platform (and less into updates like the last one, which we could easily have done without for a few months). 

I've been in contact with support several times. They said that development is aware of it and pushed it back on the ad supplier claiming its an issue on their end. At this point in time, I don't see Zepto attempting to address the issue.

Same here Using galaxy S5. ads worked a week ago after the updates then just started going black. with a faint message stating "connecting to ads server" have to close out the entire app to get back to using it. even tried to wait it out thinking the add was playing but not showing. 

2 hours ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

Also, ads not appearing or working properly is the ad provider's fault.

That’s the official party line .. but it’s not the true story!

Due to the very slow box release times (2 hours and 6 hours respectively for regular and super boxes), ads are the only affordable avenue for free players to speed up the game. Opening more boxes each day is a big advantage for players, because it increases the resources available to them. Those resources include parts, coins, gems and ultimate league tickets.

Watching ads benefits both players (more resources as outlined above) and Zeptolab (more ad revenue). 

Zeptolab have chosen to outsource the provision of ads within their game to various ad networks. There would obviously be contracts governing these outsourcing arrangements.

Outsourcing never absolves the outsourcer from responsibility for the final product. This is Zeptolab’s game, and they are 100% responsible for how it works, including how ads work (which is so crucial to progress in the game).

If the outsourcees (ie ad networks) aren’t doing their job properly, find companies than are able to provide watchable ads. That’s why you have contracts and contractual rights! The time has come for action Zeptolab, not excuses! We will all be better off if we can happily watch ads again 😀