Chappie

Cash Arena Transaction Stars

18 posts in this topic

Change the name. It's no longer Crash Arena Turbo Stars to me. It is now.

Cash

Arena

Transaction

Stars

 

I am in gravely injured by this last update. Let's first talk about the new Ultimate League. I won't go into specifics as you all play this game. Zeptolabs said they are shifting the game's focus on the ultimate league. This new league is complete and utter garbage, well at least for now. The core of this game and what we all fell in love with was the old league. They have completely removed the signifcance of that gameplay. They first removed the legendary box reward from championships and replaced it with ultimate box that gives you one, (did you hear me?) ONE useless part that won't even upgrade your ultimate part right away as you need more than one of the same part to upgrade. After all the complaints from the community, zepto brought legendary box back. I noticed they posted on the news board first that they decided to bring back legendary box rewards for now until they implement all the changes. To me that sounds very TEMPORARY. Minutes later they rephrased the news in game and changed it to what it says now as "decided to bring it back..." Would they remove it in the future? Who knows. 

But okay that was solved, but what irritates me is the 5 ticket limit. Why limit howmuch we can play? Don't you want to keep us engaged. If this is the strategy to stop cheaters from bot or auto clicking, it's a bad one. Don't get me started on the cooldown after the league finishes. Was it 24 hours? I don't remember, but it is useless. While the league is on cooldown you can still obtain ticketa from boxes that will go nowhere. In this game of currency. That is a big waste. Evert ticket you get during cooldown goes straight to the garbage as you start with 5 tickets at the start every new league. Why is this a waste you ask? Let's see. If you run out of tickets, you have the 'privilege' of spending a wopping 50 gems to purchase tickets to continue playing. In the store, you can buy 90 gems for $2.49. I am in Canada so this has to be tailored to my currency. $2.49 ÷ 90gem = 0.0276 cents per gem

0.0276 x 50 = $1.38 

That's $1.38 everytime you want to continue playing ultimate league without banking on the chance to win a ticket after waiting 2 - 6 hours from a box. Now whether those 50 gems buy you 1 ticket or 5, I do not know. I am not going to waste mine to find out. 

The new league will also ask you to spend 10 gems to refresh opponents as if 50 gems to continue playing isn't enough. 

Seriously $1.38 looks small but it will add up fast. This is making this game so unplayable.

There are many other things wrong that the update precipitated like the now fewer gems we get, the spinning boulder bug, the bug where you edit machine number 2 then join either championships, quick fight or practice on a gang member only to find that the game automatically switches your machine to machine number one. By the beard of Zeus! I'm going to smite someone. Also it seems to me that the content of regular boxes and super boxes got nerfed. I was in 3 star carbon and was still getting trash golden items. Getting the right star items corresponding to your level is so rare now! If you want to get a 3 star item if you're in the 3 star part of a champion e.g. gold, carbon. You'd have to wait on the bonus box that sometimes comes out after opening a regular or super box. Only, you would have to watch a 30 second ad.

Oh wait! I forgot... ads are broken so even if you get lucky and receive the special extra box your game will just crash. You'll open the game again and cry over your trash 1-star items or 4-5 star from the level below. So basically we're living off trash. 

People report having unlimited ads, 300 ads, 30 ads to no ads. According to zeptolabs,

Mia Holm  
December 12, 2017, 02:34 -0500  
Thank you again for your feedback.
As i mentioned earlier we do not provide access to unlimited ads, but i should have been more clear, because there's no such thing as unlimited ads in the game.
People who invest money in the game and people who don't they both get the same number of ads. 
Number of ads provided depends on an advertiser. We cannot influence their quantity.

Your black screen issue is under investigation, I sent the information about this problem to our specialists. They are already working on it and do their best to fix it.

This is what I received via email. 

So I guess zeptolabs let the balance of their game in the hands of advertisers... GREAT!

This game is becoming more and more rubbish everyday. 

I can't wait how many more gem spending opportunities awaits us in the upcoming xmas update.. 

I'm ecstatic....

Cash Arena Transaction Stars.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chappie said:

I am in gravely injured by this last update. Let's first talk about the new Ultimate League. I won't go into specifics as you all play this game. Zeptolabs said they are shifting the game's focus on the ultimate league. This new league is complete and utter garbage, well at least for now. The core of this game and what we all fell in love with was the old league. They have completely removed the signifcance of that gameplay.

1

The old league was complete skill, right? No, it wasn't. It was even worse than the one we have now. The biggest reason I think people don't like this new league is that they can't get free legendary boxes every other day. I don't think to give everyone free legendary boxes every other day is the most balanced league. At least this league requires you to think.

8 minutes ago, Chappie said:

They first removed the legendary box reward from championships and replaced it with ultimate box that gives you one, (did you hear me?) ONE useless part that won't even upgrade your ultimate part right away as you need more than one of the same part to upgrade.

1

 

Quote

After all the complaints from the community, zepto brought legendary box back.

 

9 minutes ago, Chappie said:

I noticed they posted on the news board first that they decided to bring back legendary box rewards for now until they implement all the changes. To me that sounds very TEMPORARY. 

Quote

Minutes later they rephrased the news in game. They most likely won't take it away again.

 

11 minutes ago, Chappie said:

But okay that was solved, but what irritates me is the 5 ticket limit. Why limit howmuch we can play? Don't you want to keep us engaged. If this is the strategy to stop cheaters from bot or auto clicking, it's a bad one. Don't get me started on the cooldown after the league finishes. Was it 24 hours? I don't remember, but it is useless. While the league is on cooldown you can still obtain ticketa from boxes that will go nowhere. In this game of currency. That is a big waste. Evert ticket you get during cooldown goes straight to the garbage as you start with 5 tickets at the start every new league.

This new league is not something that is meant to be played 24/7 the old one.

12 minutes ago, Chappie said:

Why is this a waste you ask? Let's see. If you run out of tickets, you have the 'privilege' of spending a wopping 50 gems to purchase tickets to continue playing. In the store, you can buy 90 gems for $2.49. I am in Canada so this has to be tailored to my currency. $2.49 ÷ 90gem = 0.0276 cents per gem

0.0276 x 50 = $1.38 

That's $1.38 everytime you want to continue playing ultimate league without banking on the chance to win a ticket after waiting 2 - 6 hours from a box. Now whether those 50 gems buy you 1 ticket or 5, I do not know. I am not going to waste mine to find out. 

The new league will also ask you to spend 10 gems to refresh opponents as if 50 gems to continue playing isn't enough. 

Seriously $1.38 looks small but it will add up fast. This is making this game so unplayable.

These numbers are based on the cheapest and least efficient gem purchases but I see where you are coming from. Hopefully, we will be able to change how balanced the Ultimate league is, but its hard to do without making everything done before useless.

15 minutes ago, Chappie said:

the spinning boulder bug,

That is an unintended bug, anticipated to be fixed in the next bug fix or release.

15 minutes ago, Chappie said:

the bug where you edit machine number 2 then join either championships, quick fight or practice on a gang member only to find that the game automatically switches your machine to machine number one.

Never seen that. Can you show a video?

16 minutes ago, Chappie said:

Also it seems to me that the content of regular boxes and super boxes got nerfed. I was in 3 star carbon and was still getting trash golden items. Getting the right star items corresponding to your level is so rare now! If you want to get a 3 star item if you're in the 3 star part of a champion e.g. gold, carbon. You'd have to wait on the bonus box that sometimes comes out after opening a regular or super box. Only, you would have to watch a 30 second ad.

Ever single update people complain about boxes being nerfed, but I've been getting the same items the whole way through. It would be nice if someone compiled some data to see if nerfs are actually happening, considering there is a lot of bias luck based things like boxes.

18 minutes ago, Chappie said:

Oh wait! I forgot... ads are broken so even if you get lucky and receive the special extra box your game will just crash. You'll open the game again and cry over your trash 1-star items or 4-5 star from the level below. So basically we're living off trash. 

People report having unlimited ads, 300 ads, 30 ads to no ads. According to zeptolabs,

Not really Zeptolab's fault. "It's because of the problem with some iOS devices on the side of one of AD networks we partner with. Searching for solutions to fix it asap."

20 minutes ago, Chappie said:

This is what I received via email. 

So I guess zeptolabs let the balance of their game in the hands of advertisers... GREAT!

So you're saying you want everyone to get no ads? Because there is no way to give everyone a fair chance other than to give no one ads. Advertisers sometimes don't have any advertisements ready for certain areas so its impossible for Zeptolab to ensure that each one of us can get ads.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually the update has made the game better if you think about it:

1: the old league was just a grind.The rewards were better, I'll admit, but I agree with taken: this new league actually somewhat requires you to think.

2: along with normal championship promotion box, you now also get an ultimate part.

3: New weapons. (Not on normal game, but it still counts)

The one bad thing about this is that "the other side" (we don't have an official name yet, so I'll still keep calling it that) requires you to spend a mountain of gems. (50 for 5 tickets, plus 10 for skips.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

Actually the update has made the game better if you think about it:

1: the old league was just a grind.The rewards were better, I'll admit, but I agree with taken: this new league actually somewhat requires you to think.

2: along with normal championship promotion box, you now also get an ultimate part.

3: New weapons. (Not on normal game, but it still counts)

The one bad thing about this is that "the other side" (we don't have an official name yet, so I'll still keep calling it that) requires you to spend a mountain of gems. (50 for 5 tickets, plus 10 for skips.)

 

No .. the update is a clear and massive FAIL .. it has detracted significantly from this great game :(

1  Earning blue points was a grind .. but a FREE grind! I ground out just short of 40 million blue points .. simply to generate 27 gems every two days from the old league. Unfortunately, the new league is WORSE! It is no more than an expensive version of quick fighting, but with inferior new cars. And what’s this “thinking” that’s supposed to be involved? Will my opponent’s car beat mine? Isn’t that exactly the SAME thinking that’s involved in quick fighting? In fact, because ultimate cars are less complex than normal cars (mine only have one weapon and one gadget slot) predicting the outcome of an ultimate fight is easier than a quick fight! Gang fighting is the only CATS fighting that currently requires serious thought and strategy .. 3 car vs 3 car contests create so many more possible options and outcomes!

2  Getting ultimate parts is only a good thing if you consider the ultimate league to be worthwhile .. I don’t. The ultimate league has been designed as a contest where you trade gems for purple points. There are several opportunities (buying tickets, skipping opponents and preserving win streaks) in ultimate fights to effectively convert gems into purple points. So what is the point of these purple points? Currently, there is no point whatsoever in accumulating purple points .. there is no purple points leaderboard, and purple points reset after each ultimate league is finished. Why would you spend gems to earn POINTLESS purple points?

3  LOL .. see 2 above.

4 The “dark side” is a place where you can spend gems, with no opportunity to earn gems! If you’re not very careful, you will leave the dark side each time you visit with less precious  gems and more meaningless purple points. Just don’t do it!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more miffed about the gem rewards being much more scarce and limited, and gem getting overall harder to obtain, while new features get increasingly greedy with gems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phil said:

Isn’t that exactly the SAME thinking that’s involved in quick fighting?

There has never been any thinking to quick fights. Just tap, one-shot, ok, battle.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taken said:

There has never been any thinking to quick fights. Just tap, one-shot, ok, battle.

And the dark side is any better?

The only difference between the dark side and quick fights is that the dark side costs tickets and gems,

After a few battles with your ultimate machine, you know how far you can go per ticket so for the first few opponents, you are just mindlessly clicking

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taken said:

There has never been any thinking to quick fights. Just tap, one-shot, ok, battle.

I understand your point, but it does depend how you set up for quick fights.

Contrary to many players, I usually do quick fights with my main vehicle. At 10/24, with a 2.5m H/1m A stationary titan with minigun, I found I could win 9/10 quick fights without skipping (and the 10th was relatively easy to predict). If not thinking, then certainly CONCENTRATION was required. I can’t tell you how many win streaks I blew on the way to 40 million blue points by tapping without thinking :(

But this is a side issue. By far the most important failing of the new ultimate league is that it has no PURPOSE.

Before the update, quick fighting for blue points potentially earned you a place in the top leaderboard, and more importantly, a legendary box and 15 gems for finishing first or second in your league. Quick fighting was undoubtedly tedious, but it had a purpose.

On the other hand, ultimate fighting for purple points is the ULTIMATE in a pointless activity. There is no purple points leaderboard, and the prize for winning your ultimate league is more ultimate parts? (No gems whatsoever!) 

The ultimate league is better than the old league? As John McEnroe (famous US tennis player who was both brilliant and feisty) was fond of saying .. you CANNOT be SERIOUS!! 🎾 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only purpose of quick fights back then that's different from now was to get league legendary boxes.

And at least ultimate league fighting requires you to think should I do this one?

And the ultimate league drains as much gems as gang fights, in hindsight...

Finally, zeptolab is not done with the other side yet!

P.S if you don't like ultimate league don't play it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

The only purpose of quick fights back then that's different from now was to get league legendary boxes.

And at least ultimate league fighting requires you to think should I do this one?

And the ultimate league drains as much gems as gang fights, in hindsight...

Finally, zeptolab is not done with the other side yet!

P.S if you don't like ultimate league don't play it

1  League legendary boxes were worth 27 gems every 2 days .. that’s a pretty important difference don’t you think?

2  Failing to think “should I do this one?” cost me many a quick fight win streak I can assure you!

3  The ultimate league potentially drains as many gems as gang fights .. that is certainly true. It ACTUALLY drains zero gems from me!

4  I don’t know whether to be encouraged or fearful about Zeptolab’s future plans for the ultimate league. If they improve it (introduce gem prizes, increase the 5 tickets storage and 20 tickets per day limits, reduce the gem cost of buying tickets, skipping opponents and saving win streaks, and make more tickets freely available in boxes) .. we will finally have a much fairer contest for free players :D But if their future plans include more ways to extract gems from us, the dark side will become even darker :(

PS I continue to play the ultimate league for strategic reasons (eg if it is improved, I have already made a start and can easily put more effort into it later). I was also lucky enough to start in gold league (courtesy of my 40 million blue points). I survived the first round, was demoted to silver 1 league last round, and am currently sitting just above the demotion zone in this round. Not a stellar performance I’ll grant you, but I am steadily accumulating ultimate parts .. and have spent zero gems in the last two rounds! I am ashamed to say that I did buy 5 more tickets for 50 gems in the first round .. just to move up the league ladder to get the 3 ultimate parts prize. The dark side can be a truly powerful force!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NotANewb said:

And the dark side is any better?

The only difference between the dark side and quick fights is that the dark side costs tickets and gems,

After a few battles with your ultimate machine, you know how far you can go per ticket so for the first few opponents, you are just mindlessly clicking

1. What would happen if there was an unlimited number of tickets though? This would give the gemmers even more of an opportunity to get an advantage, buying the (most likely) more expensive but better value bundles. 

2. With 3 different vehicles to use and most people having roughly the same amount of HP and damage, without toolboxes and people starting at the same point, designing your vehicle and choosing which one to use requires thinking. For example, I have my double-blade coursair and rocket ice-cream truck, each one beating different opponents. I am not mindlessly clicking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SeniorSSS said:

Mindlessly meaning that there is very few possible builds...just look at hp and damage and you know outcome of fight.

 

3 hours ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

That's not true, 3500 damage double blades beat 4500 attack flamethrowers.

There are more factors than simply health and damage...

3500 damage double blades will indeed beat 4500 attack flamethrowers when the double blades are attached to a car of sufficiently higher health. That’s why SeniorSSS said to look at “hp and damage” .. not just damage :D

Beyond hp and damage, there are no guarantees in ultimate fighting. With just one gadget slot, it is not that easy to get behind or lift opponents (the two gadget slots in normal fighting provide so many more interesting options).

Bottom line is that normal fighting in CATS is way more interesting and challenging than ultimate fighting. The latter reminds me of going back to high school after graduating from university (with a PhD in economics if you had a car like King’s) :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Phil said:

3500 damage double blades will indeed beat 4500 attack flamethrowers when the double blades are attached to a car of sufficiently higher health. That’s why SeniorSSS said to look at “hp and damage” .. not just damage :D

If they have the same health, double blade wins.

 

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

 

 

Beyond hp and damage, there are no guarantees in ultimate fighting. With just one gadget slot, it is not that easy to get behind or lift opponents (the two gadget slots in normal fighting provide so many more interesting options).

Bottom line is that normal fighting in CATS is way more interesting and challenging than ultimate fighting. The latter reminds me of going back to high school after graduating from university (with a PhD in economics if you had a car like King’s) :D

That I can agree on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 15, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Phil said:

1  League legendary boxes were worth 27 gems every 2 days .. that’s a pretty important difference don’t you think?

2  Failing to think “should I do this one?” cost me many a quick fight win streak I can assure you!

3  The ultimate league potentially drains as many gems as gang fights .. that is certainly true. It ACTUALLY drains zero gems from me!

4  I don’t know whether to be encouraged or fearful about Zeptolab’s future plans for the ultimate league. If they improve it (introduce gem prizes, increase the 5 tickets storage and 20 tickets per day limits, reduce the gem cost of buying tickets, skipping opponents and saving win streaks, and make more tickets freely available in boxes) .. we will finally have a much fairer contest for free players :D But if their future plans include more ways to extract gems from us, the dark side will become even darker :(

PS I continue to play the ultimate league for strategic reasons (eg if it is improved, I have already made a start and can easily put more effort into it later). I was also lucky enough to start in gold league (courtesy of my 40 million blue points). I survived the first round, was demoted to silver 1 league last round, and am currently sitting just above the demotion zone in this round. Not a stellar performance I’ll grant you, but I am steadily accumulating ultimate parts .. and have spent zero gems in the last two rounds! I am ashamed to say that I did buy 5 more tickets for 50 gems in the first round .. just to move up the league ladder to get the 3 ultimate parts prize. The dark side can be a truly powerful force!

After further investigation..

1. Legendary boxes barely even mattered, and I think there was a little too much of a difference between some players with those legendary boxes... The gem loss is annoying though.

2. Quick fight win streaks don't ( or, didn't ) even matter after 10.

3. It does. And gang fighting is your thing, not mine. So.... And you can't say the ultimate league is bad because it drains gems when the same usually goes for gang fights. Unless you're a camper.

4. I personally think you should be encouraged, zeptolab is learning from their mistakes. I think they can improve it by... Everything you said but increasing the 20 tickets per day limit and the saving win streak thing. Wouldn't that just make it worse for f2p players like me?

PS: you're not wrong... But it's fun. More fun than the previous league. It's like in KoT going from the wooden league to the orbeuseus league (but without all the grinding, of course.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there.

I see that u r asking about the grey (violet) boxes, i was like that first, you get them after three "successive" wins in quick fights, and those three wins can be tough to achieve, the trick is that you can replace opponent by clicking at the bottomright 'replace' but you should have some cash to do it, you have to look at the opponent's weapons and whether you can beat him with your current machine so you dont lose your win streak. 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now