Shiriru

Let's talk about the game!

25 posts in this topic

I will follow the Post from Twitter and will also start a Discussion here: 

Original link: 

Let's talk about the features, the game itself, about us Mechanics and what else the game needs and give your suggestions out here what Chervey, the devs or even us Mechanics can improve for 2018. 

In this meaning: Take care yourself and keep healthy for 2018

Meow, Shiriru94

So now I have to be optimistic. Here are some things we need:

Ideas shown here: https://forum.catsthegame.com/topic/14714-a-lot-of-ideas/  (Ignore kitty kitty's post, I really don't want this game to become too much like KoT) (and maybe some of this stuff could now apply to ultimate parts)

Things described here: https://forum.catsthegame.com/topic/19806-opponent-took-your-place/

Things in my other ideas topic: https://forum.catsthegame.com/topic/19721-a-total-game-revamp/ (again this could apply to ultimate parts)

Especially this: https://forum.catsthegame.com/topic/20352-adjustable-stronger-boosters/ (I don't need this, but a lot of people do)

Along with this: https://forum.catsthegame.com/topic/16050-gang-leader-team-information/

Thats all I can find, this post took way too long to make.....       or did it?

The big positives for 2017 were the launch of this great game, and the introduction of gangs ang gang fighting 😀

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of ultimate cars .. but I don’t advocate their removal from CATS. Rather, it is crucial to maintain a healthy balance between normal and ultimate cars, so players get as much choice as possible. If Zeptolab wants happy players in 2018, just remember this simple equation .. CHOICE = HAPPINESS 😀

Specifically, I would add three key things next year :

1. Introduce a new gang vs gang competition using ultimate cars (as previously advised)

2. Maintain the current gang competition using normal cars (it is easily the best and fairest competition in CATS at the present time, and the only reason that a significant number of cats are still actively playing)

3. Introduce tournaments for individual players using ultimate cars (I have outlined format in previous posts)

There is also one incredibly frustrating thing to fix .. ADS!

It is totally unacceptable in any game to have some players gifted the advantage of watching unlimited ads, while others are restricted to 20 ads per day. THIS IS GROSSLY UNFAIR AND MUST BE FIXED AT ANY COST. 

Free players in CATS are now prestige 20 and in the top 100 players purely because they have access to unlimited ads. Skill has not been the key factor in their apparent success .. just being on the right side of the ads lottery. Personally, I don’t mind being beaten by players who spend money on the game .. that is a matter of choice. But I am particularly unhappy at being beaten by players (with modest skills) who can watch way more ads than me. One way or another, this issue just has to be fixed .. so free players are competing on a level playing field, and money can then be spent to gain additional progress if desired.

With these four changes in place, CATS will return to being the best game in the world .. in my humble opinion 🏆👍

Edited by Phil
Spelling

* notification on spending gems...especcialy on freaking saving points in ultimative fights...or move that button away no button

* add skills for ultimate parts...as example...stronger rocket for 10 skill points (definetly more than 1 or 2)

What is much needed is better inventory organizing:

• grouping parts by sub-categories within each type of parts, e.g one tab for miniguns, another for whales...
  • marking parts as favorites to be able to access those in a flash, and prevent merging with other parts accidentally
  • sorting by highest level or highest bonus

Also needed is a way to adjust booster power to suit the user's strategy

And, last but not least we need MORE WAYS TO EARN GEMS. The ultimate league update has woefully taken away the most (and only) reliable way of winning gems every couple of days - and no, codes that run for an overly short amount of time doesn't qualify as reliable. Before the update I was sitting on a comfortable 700 gems, but now my balance has plummeted down to 250 and I run into a risk of getting bankrupt.

2 hours ago, HughPayne said:

And, last but not least we need MORE WAYS TO EARN GEMS

I think, since Quick Fights have been worsened, streaks can earn gems or legendary and giant boxes, and also a few gems, but perhaps a maximum amount of these specific rewards per day, and the better boxes cannot be ad-skipped, or Phil would be fuming!

Edited by KingAlex
Punctuation

As someone who has played since launch but is now about to quit for good, I'd like to explain why.  Perhaps the developers can take this into consideration when planning future updates.

Here are my reasons, from most to least important:

1) Gem poverty.

Ever since leagues were removed, a major source of income disappeared, and was not replaced.  One of the things I liked about both CATS and KoT was that you didn't HAVE to buy the currency if you didn't want to, because you could earn a decent amount just by playing the game.  This is no longer true of CATS.  Granted, leagues were mostly pointless as they were before, but they could have been improved.  Perhaps matching you with other players at the same prestige level and within a few Championship stages would have made it less pointless.  Or, if you don't want to bring back League, you could add gems to sponsor boxes.  But at any rate, I'm now at a point where I feel like I have to buy gems to continue.  This is a major turnoff for me.

2) Low-level parts.

I've just become Prestige 9 so I've played this game a bunch.  I feel like on the 9th time through, most of the parts I obtained from boxes were at or close to the minimum level obtainable.  For example, when I've unlocked Gold level 5, most of the parts in the boxes are Gold level 1 or 2.  I never remember this happening before.  I'm not sure if I just had bad luck or if anyone else is seeing this, but I feel like it happened way too often to just be a fluke.  It happened consistently as I made my way up the ranks.  The Bonus parts and occasional lucky break were what saved me and enabled me to keep getting promoted, but it was very close several times.

3) No new updates.

I still find the base game to be fun, but problems 1) and 2) make problem 3) worse.  The best updates this year were the additions of new weapons and gadgets.  I would love to see more of those.  However, nothing has been added to the game since then.  I thought for sure that there'd be a Christmas event and I'm bummed that there wasn't any.

Some might say "but Ultimate Leagues were added!"  Well, I tried that out for a couple of days and have not gone back since.  I don't even enter the leagues at all.  The whole Ultimate business just seems to be an alternate version of the base game that has fewer parts, and fewer options, but costs much more to play.  Basically, it's a trap.  I wasted a few gems on it but quickly learned from my mistake.  I have not even touched the down arrow since.  It isn't worth it.  Maybe it could be salvaged if the prices were cut drastically and problem 1) was fixed, but until that happens there is no point.

I did have fun with the game and bought gems a few times, because I wanted to.  But I think I'm about done now.  Maybe in the future I'll feel that I have a reason to come back.  Zepto, give me a reason =)

On 28-12-2017 at 4:52 PM, yyr said:

2) Low-level parts.

I've just become Prestige 9 so I've played this game a bunch.  I feel like on the 9th time through, most of the parts I obtained from boxes were at or close to the minimum level obtainable.  For example, when I've unlocked Gold level 5, most of the parts in the boxes are Gold level 1 or 2.  I never remember this happening before.  I'm not sure if I just had bad luck or if anyone else is seeing this, but I feel like it happened way too often to just be a fluke.  It happened consistently as I made my way up the ranks.  The Bonus parts and occasional lucky break were what saved me and enabled me to keep getting promoted, but it was very close several times. 

Same here... i do a lot of quick fights to put crowns on my chests... but it just ends up with getting the minimum level parts you can get.. not even good enough to upgrade your other parts... Before a crown often got you a part one level higher then your championship level, but these days seem to be over after the last update...

i liked the ultimate battles, but they seem pointless now, constantly fighting the same opponents. I gets pretty easy to predict if you will win the match. I would like to get rewards for my normal cars, or gems. Now the only reason to play the ultimate battles is to play more ultimate battles...

i seem to be one of the lucky few that can watch ads unlimited... problem is that i play the game to much... i rather lose some ads and gain some higher level parts from the chests.

in the gang battles i would like the opponents level to be determent by your starting level instead of your current level. I play like crazy to win championships to get acces to better parts to be able to defeat my 9th opponent, just to get a 10th opponent that is again 4 levels higher than you, it should be just 1 level higher than the previous ooponent...

thanks!

1) I am at stage 22, in carbon parts for about a week, and I receive mostly golden parts with the rare exception of a carbon part. This is amusing.

2) The ultimate league business model is not appealing. The idea is to get the player to spend gems to maintain a win streak after a loss. Or else the player must start at the bottom of earnings again. It doesn’t work because it makes the objective to make money (which is of course fair) too obvious. It looks greedy and desperate and the game loses its cool factor. 

As a result of the above I stopped buying gem packs and I will not start again. I was a relatively good customer but I like to choose spending my money, not feeling a hand in my pocket. It’s weird.

Thank you

I completely agree with the last three posts....

i might as well just start handing out rep. to anyone who agrees with those posts. Seriously.

image.png

image.jpeg

Edited by DabbingCuttlefish
Sec photo just a joke. First photo, join the movement

1) You can't expect your player base to be happy when it's clear there's more gem heavy content post update while you've drastically hampered abilities to earn gems through normal gameplay. Let's break this down to simple terms:  add more ways to spend gems, take away ways to earn gems. Not to mention... the devious ploy to strategically place the gem reset buttons for optimal accidental pushes. Sigh..... no wonder why F2P players are upset. 

2) Create a reward based system for your leaderboards. For both your new global ultimate leaderboard and most certainly gang leaderboards. At the moment there's zero incentive for players or gangs to fight competitively, simply because the juice isn't worth the squeeze. A tiered system where gangs in brackets receive gems, boxes, and ultimate parts for placement will be enough motivation to spend gems to compete. Just baffled why a company feels it's appropriate to charge players gems to play (indirectly through leaderboard competition), yet provide no fruit for their labor. 

3) Ultimate league is fine. Boring, redundant and simplistic... yes. But I personally understand it's in its baby stages admist a radical new direction and sophisticated improvements will come. More parts, more variance, tweaks and additions etc etc. Ultimate leagues are the place to test your ultimate vehicle and compete against your peers, at the moment.... nothing less nothing more. You're rewarded some ultimate parts for your time. Sounds fair enough to me. Don't play if you don't like it, it's clearly not going away. But if you enjoy the game why is it so hard to use your free tickets, not spend a single dollar and hopefully pick up some ultimate parts for your time?

Moving on......

Prestige stage championships are the place to really improve your ultimate vehicle by slaying stages and retrieving those valuable ultimate parts for your vehicle. It's the place you go to grind and try to make headway in the game. It's really the only place at the moment in which "normal" vehicles shine. And normal vehicles provide us all the most variance, most usage of skill and creativity- arguably the most fun. Which brings me to my all important point: ITS NO FUN TO WAIT 2 DAYS GETTING ROAD BLOCKED BY CAMPERS. If championships are intended to be the infinite grind (infinite prestiges) then provide us means to make our precious time more meaningful. Grinding is a necessary evil in any game if you want to progress- totally get that... BUT THERES NO GRIND WHEN YOU HAVE TO WAIT 2 DAYS.

SOLUTION: 

Just assign a HP and ATTACK "CAP" to each stage based off a multiplier from the corresponding toolbox for that stage. Example; if the attack toolbox gives an extra 500 attack (from that specific stage) the multiplier would be 10x for this example. Meaning the max attack for that stage is 5000. For anyone above that threshold in both HP and Attack they cannot use that build for that stage and or must figure out ways to lower their stats to meet restrictions. Essentially this is just one of many solutions to the growing epidemic we call "campers." Obviously stage 24 isn't included in these rules. Stage 24 doesn't prevent anyone from a prestige. 

4) Finally, please address your obsolete game mode we call Gang Wars! A major overhaul is needed, it's now rendered obsolete from the oversized cartoon like freakish ultimate builds. 

Here are some of the hot demands from discord addressing Gangs.

Co- leader option, more advanced chat interface (viewing more than 50 messages). Ability to send friend requests to peers outside of the gang so members don't have to physically leave the gang to recruit. GANG LEADERBOARD REWARDS. You already have the template with ultimate leagues where you can put gangs into appropriate brackets based on their activity and scoring propensity so there shouldn't be qualms about gangs sandbagging for rewards. Gangs are the only semblance of social interaction Zepto provides. Unfortunately, at the moment it needs so much work. Without a community and social interaction how do players justify playing longer then intended? Gangs provide means to build relationships and foster competition, both imperative ingredients for keeping us around while we wait between updates. 

These are some minor ideas to compliment your MAJOR OVERHAUL.

I just wanted to touch on the small things, little details that improve gameplay and the social environment. I'll leave the major issues to guys like Phil and others. 

Guardian - out!

• Like 1

I just want to add...

As they are, gangs don't really seem to serve any purpose. 

There is no gang ranking because it resets every 3 days, making it meaningless.

The "gang fight" isn't actually one gang vs. another, so there's no emotional connection.  You could just as easily separate it from gangs, call it "ladder battle" and reward 2 parts after each victory just like now.  For gangs to mean something, gang fights should actually be against another gang, just like guild battles in KoT.  It could just be higher trophy count gets the gang box.  And by the way, the gang boxes seem pointless too, because now that the new part introductions are done, the gang boxes don't have anything better than the normal boxes do.

So really, at the moment, gangs are basically just a chat room and a way of accessing ladder battle.

1) Ad continuously freezes or pauses and continues later on. Sometimes it crashes. Nothing to do with connection. A 30 second ad becomes 1 minute 30. 

2) need to add a grind option like the coin grind before. This way players can enjoy and keep playing the game while waiting for maxxed starred boxes.

3) can we lower the wait times on super boxes.

4) Give more gem reward. And decrease the gem prices in ultimate league.

5) loot needs improvement. Too much garbage parts. I'm in for example 3 star gold league. And still getting 4 star military parts. 

****6)**** this game was great when it was pay for convenience. Right now it's basically pay to win. Need to bring it back to before. Anything that can be accessed by paying such as a classic with 2 weapon slots and 1 gadget slot should also be accessible by a free player through dedication.

7) ultimate league has potential but right now it's taking too much from what made this game, game of the year. Need to balance both. Ultimate League should not be the focus. Seriously...

8) clan vs clan competition would be nice. Of course with great rewards. And don't add a gem option to make it a sure win for rich players with no skill. It has to be fair so all players get a feeling of involvement and achievement. Adding a pay option to get advantage in a clan vs clam war takes away from the game and becomes a who can spend more game. That's not cats at all.

Edited by Chappie

We also need the ability to save build set ups and better organization of items classified per type and star level. This makes it easier to play with different builds. As of now it's a big hassle. My gf quit playing because of this organizational problem. It's such a mess I feel better everytime I sell 80% of my inventory. Not for the money but it saves me a a headache lol. Really ability to save builds will be a great improvement. 

The save points option using gem when you die in ultimate league is @#$! click bait. "Conveniently" placed at the same space where the "OK" button is for other screens. You dont how much gems I wasted clicking that by accident. We already get fewer gems to begin with.

Add more gem reward honestly before I can save up 300-400 gems now I never see a profit. Honestly increase fem reward and fox this stupid button. It's click bait.

On 29/12/2017 at 12:49 AM, Guardian said:

Not to mention... the devious ploy to strategically place the gem reset buttons for optimal accidental pushes. Sigh..... no wonder why F2P players are upset

This is exactly what im talking about zeptolabs. This is really not cool.

Well, clearly the Halloween experiment was a success and helped them decide to launch the new game. By success I mean they saw gem consumption going through the roof. So now they made it a game feature with the big machines. If gem consumption increases without losing lots of players, they will keep it and develop it further. If it increases temporarily but then drops because people get angry, they will quickly fold the big machines. There is nothing the 3 or 4 people talking in this forum can do. It’s all about whether by introducing the big machines they are making more money. Fair enough, only I won’t be paying any...

• Like 1

On 01/01/2018 at 7:27 PM, Fufu said:

Well, clearly the Halloween experiment was a success and helped them decide to launch the new game. By success I mean they saw gem consumption going through the roof. So now they made it a game feature with the big machines. If gem consumption increases without losing lots of players, they will keep it and develop it further. If it increases temporarily but then drops because people get angry, they will quickly fold the big machines. There is nothing the 3 or 4 people talking in this forum can do. It’s all about whether by introducing the big machines they are making more money. Fair enough, only I won’t be paying any...

Not even this is true but they also ask what is wrong and NEVER give any reply whatsoever. They dont care at all about the players, they just want to pretend they do. Also there were so many good ideas in here, too bad they are focused in the ULTIMATE MILKING machine they created. 

They good thing is that its clearer with every update that they dont listen the players and are greedy, so it becomes easir to drop the game and warn other players.

7 hours ago, Loro said:

Not even this is true but they also ask what is wrong and NEVER give any reply whatsoever.

Zeptolab usually does not tell people what they are going to implement in the next update very often, and when they do, it's some fun teasers. 

I can guarantee to you that Zeptolab has looked at their feedback. I can't tell how many are going to be implemented considering many of the suggestions are unimplementable or not useful.

Intetesting forem thread.

Certainly, lots of concern for the direction of this game.  Clearly, the most recent update strongly favors the p2p gamer over the f2p gamer.

I really hope the game developers can understand one of the most important fact about gaming, I never play poker for pennies when the other players have bills.  I do not think I am alone on this either.

While this game app description states it is a pvp game, it is anything but player verses player.  The house and its bots are always bigger, as an encouragement for you to build bigger and better cars.  No one will ever be able to make the biggest and baddest.  

At some point, everyone asks him or her self, am I having fun with this game?  What are my goals?  What do I want to do next?   I will suggest, no one will answer I wish to spend even more real money on this game than I already have.

Fact is, not much of a learning curve to figure out this game, crash cars, and enjoy Zeptolabs quirky physics.

The next goals are to promote and prestege a few time, unlocking the higher level parts or skills.  

The endgame is where you pick a comfy spot, and keep playing or leave the game.

The problem with campers, players who pick a spot sub final prestege, stage 24, as their endgame corner, its slows down progress of players wishing to promote and prestege rapidly.  I feel, as long as a player keeps playing and having fun, who cares?  

As far as I know, the sponsor has 2 revenue streams, in app ads, and real money.  As soon as enough people stop watching ads, or paying real money, the game is done.  Even developers expect a paycheck.

So the real question for the sponsor's next step in game development, how to stay in business.  While players like Guardian are happy with p2p, will spending continue?  Or more players follow?   At the other end will the f2p players like Grandpa Phil keep watching tons of ads?  And how to get them to watch more?

So where is the big money?  1 million players watching 100 ads at a penny apiece?  Or 1,000 players paying $1,000 each?   Hmm, its the same amount.

Cut The Rope is a truly great game, but after you 100%, and perhaps repeat once or twice, the game is done.

King of Thieves is fun, and I keep playing, but never ever spend real money, not watch ads.  Just a few mins a day, and I am done.  My guild is mostly inactive but who cares.

I really like Jay's youtube stream.  It really reflects what the developers think about this game.  Lets take advice from a non player, with 1 billion gold, 100's parts, or 1,000's gems, but no passion to even play himself. 

Kitty Kitty out

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, KittyKitty said:

Intetesting forem thread.

Certainly, lots of concern for the direction of this game.  Clearly, the most recent update strongly favors the p2p gamer over the f2p gamer.

I really hope the game developers can understand one of the most important fact about gaming, I never play poker for pennies when the other players have bills.  I do not think I am alone on this either.

While this game app description states it is a pvp game, it is anything but player verses player.  The house and its bots are always bigger, as an encouragement for you to build bigger and better cars.  No one will ever be able to make the biggest and baddest.  

At some point, everyone asks him or her self, am I having fun with this game?  What are my goals?  What do I want to do next?   I will suggest, no one will answer I wish to spend even more real money on this game than I already have.

Fact is, not much of a learning curve to figure out this game, crash cars, and enjoy Zeptolabs quirky physics.

As far as I know, the sponsor has 2 revenue streams, in app ads, and real money.  As soon as enough people stop watching ads, or paying real money, the game is done.  Even developers expect a paycheck.

So the real question for the sponsor's next step in game development, how to stay in business.  While players like Guardian are happy with p2p, will spending continue?  Or more players follow?   At the other end will the f2p players like Grandpa Phil keep watching tons of ads?  And how to get them to watch more?

So where is the big money?  1 million players watching 100 ads at a penny apiece?  Or 1,000 players paying $1,000 each?   Hmm, its the same amount.

I really like Jay's youtube stream.  It really reflects what the developers think about this game.  Lets take advice from a non player, with 1 billion gold, 100's parts, or 1,000's gems, but no passion to even play himself. 

Kitty Kitty out

Excellent summary of the developers dilemma 😀

One thing continues to puzzle me, however?

Until the last two updates, I enjoyed virtually unlimited ads! I didn’t mind watching lots of ads .. and I played the game for over 8 hours a day because I loved it so much. Life was good 😀😀

Then came those INFAMOUS UPDATES. Not only did they ruin the game, but I lost my ability to watch unlimited ads as well!!

Now I watch just 20 ads and can only play for 2 hours a day (I still love so much about the game, but hate what Zeptolab have done to it). Once I’ve opened all the boxes I can, I spend my remaining time on this Forum. Here, I’m in the very enjoyable company of fellow players who dislike the direction Zeptolab have taken CATS in as much as I do!!

My question to the developers is simple! What’s the point of your gem grabbing updates if we reduce playing time (to zero in many cases)?? .. your POTENTIAL REVENUE actually falls!! 

Why not remove the 20 ad limit?? AS SOON AS POSSIBLE?? It is the most ridiculous restriction a developer could ever impose on their game .. absolutely counter productive. If you made just this one simple change now, so many players would be happier .. and your revenue would rise immediately!!

JUST DO IT 😀😀😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Excellent summary of the developers dilemma 😀

One thing continues to puzzle me, however?

Until the last two updates, I enjoyed virtually unlimited ads! I didn’t mind watching lots of ads .. and I played the game for over 8 hours a day because I loved it so much. Life was good 😀😀

Then came those INFAMOUS UPDATES. Not only did they ruin the game, but I lost my ability to watch unlimited ads as well!!

Now I watch just 20 ads and can only play for 2 hours a day (I still love so much about the game, but hate what Zeptolab have done to it). Once I’ve opened all the boxes I can, I spend my remaining time on this Forum. Here, I’m in the very enjoyable company of fellow players who dislike the direction Zeptolab have taken CATS in as much as I do!!

My question to the developers is simple! What’s the point of your gem grabbing updates if we reduce playing time (to zero in many cases)?? .. your POTENTIAL REVENUE actually falls!! 

Why not remove the 20 ad limit?? AS SOON AS POSSIBLE?? It is the most ridiculous restriction a developer could ever impose on their game .. absolutely counter productive. If you made just this one simple change now, so many players would be happier .. and your revenue would rise immediately!!

JUST DO IT 😀😀😀

The day that zeptolab gives unlimited ads to everyone will be the day that I win the lottery twice in a row.

18 minutes ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

The day that zeptolab gives unlimited ads to everyone will be the day that I win the lottery twice in a row.

LOL 😂 

I remain hopeful .. it makes such good business sense that even Zeptolab (with a lemming like urge to self destruct) will be sorely tempted to make their players happier AND make more revenue 😀😀

I have already bought two lots of lottery tickets! 😀