Jopie

C.A.T.S. boycot to demand more action against trolls

29 posts in this topic

Dear felines, 

I am organizing a boycot of our beloved game to demand the more active tracking and banning of trolls. 

Of the last 20 regular competitions I have been promoted to, 10 of them had an annoying troll player in it that is at least five times as strong as the rest of the competition, but gets just enough medals to maintain and so never promotes nor demotes (see screenshots). This results in us players getting stuck in a competition until it ends, without the possibility to promote in the meantime. I'm getting sick and tired of having to wait two days to continue the game, only to find out I have to wait again for two days because the developers don't seem to put in the effort of implementing some simple features to make it harder on trolls.

This problem has been going on ever since I started playing C.A.T.S about 8 months ago, but lately I've gotten the feeling that it has gotten worse. I've sent customer service multiple notices about it and gave them tips on how these scenarios could be prevented, but since it keeps happening more and more I am tired of waiting.

To give the developers one kudo, in the fight against these trolls they have made it so that you have to actively join a competition again once you didn't get promoted at the end of one. The downside of this is that these trolls also seem to wanna be actively annoying, so it's an more than easy obstacle for them to jump. 

My ideas to make this situation less common:

- Make a button so that these trolls can be    reported

- Let employees play on multiple accounts    for the sake of tracing trolls

- Since it's currently not forbidden to.   maintain in a competition when you were    able to promote, make it forbidden

I thought up those three things in a few minutes, I can't imagine that professional game developers cannot think of this.

In conclusion, because of everything that I have stated above - the seeming rise in the number of trolls and a passive team of developers - I am deleting this game until the developers announce that my/our demand of active methods against trolls will be met. 

I really like this game, so hopefully you - my fellow players - will join me so that we can forcefully make this game better together.

YS, 

Jopie

 

20180125_004850.png

Screenshot_20180125-004511.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These so called “trolls” are campers! They are a totally legitimate part of the game .. and a totally legitimate strategy to enable players to win 10/10 gang fights!

The problems they create for prestiging players are well known. The good news is that there are far better solutions to the problem than the ones you propose 😀

1. Introduce a player code of conduct that requires campers to leave weaponless or very weak builds up whenever they are not gang fighting. Campers who do not comply could then be reported .. and eventually banned for numerous breaches of this code!

2. Make gang fights fairer .. then players won’t have to camp! It was the ridiculously unfair gang fighting system introduced by Zeptolab that created camping ⛺️ .. a strategic response by players to level the gang fighting playing field. If “monster opponents” were removed from gang fights, campers would immediately disappear from championships (since no benefit would be gained from this activity).

Don’t blame players for camping .. the blame lies fairly and squarely with Zeptolab!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Phil said:

These so called “trolls” are campers! They are a totally legitimate part of the game .. and a totally legitimate strategy to enable players to win 10/10 gang fights!

The problems they create for prestiging players are well known. The good news is that there are far better solutions to the problem than the ones you propose 😀

1. Introduce a player code of conduct that requires campers to leave weaponless or very weak builds up whenever they are not gang fighting. Campers who do not comply could then be reported .. and eventually banned for numerous breaches of this code!

2. Make gang fights fairer .. then players won’t have to camp! It was the ridiculously unfair gang fighting system introduced by Zeptolab that created camping ⛺️ .. a strategic response by players to level the gang fighting playing field. If “monster opponents” were removed from gang fights, campers would immediately disappear from championships (since no benefit would be gained from this activity).

Don’t blame players for camping .. the blame lies fairly and squarely with Zeptolab!

Hi Phil, thanks for your response.

What you're saying makes a lot more sense than my idea of people deliberately trolling. However when I contacted customer support they said that they are aware of the problem which I then too described as trolling. Now it seems that they weren't that aware at all. 

Looking at your input, maybe a boycot could then be organized in favor of your solutions. You are right about the gang fighting system, but it is obviously just a means to make players spend gems. I hardly think they will change that tactic since it is probably and games nowaways care more for their profits than for their clientbase, so harsh methods like a boycot could still be the answer.

Edit: I still blame these players for camping! They should change their machines while offline.

Edited by Jopie
Forgot to say something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jopie said:

Hi Phil, thanks for your response.

What you're saying makes a lot more sense than my idea of people deliberately trolling. However when I contacted customer support they said that they are aware of the problem which I then too described as trolling. Now it seems that they weren't that aware at all. 

Looking at your input, maybe a boycot could then be organized in favor of your solutions. You are right about the gang fighting system, but it is obviously just a means to make players spend gems. I hardly think they will change that tactic since it is probably and games nowaways care more for their profits than for their clientbase, so harsh methods like a boycot could still be the answer.

Edit: I still blame these players for camping! They should change their machines while offline.

I totally agree with your edit .. it is unacceptable behaviour for campers to leave their best builds up when they are not gang fighting!

And I wholeheartedly agree with you that Zeptolab would rather give free gems away than change their unfair gang fighting system. 

Of course if in-game chat was extended to all players, and not just gang members, we could communicate directly with campers in our championships .. and request a car change from them. Again, failure to comply (documented with screenshots) could easily be made into a “bannable” offence 😀

How motivated are Zeptolab to fix the camping problem? As motivated as they are to fix the multiple problems created by their 6 December 2017 update! On a scale of 1 (we really don’t give a ....) to 10 (we are working day and night to fix these problems), I’ll be generous and give them a 2/10. That’s roughly what I score from gang fights while prestiging these days! 🙁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Phil said:

I totally agree with your edit .. it is unacceptable behaviour for campers to leave their best builds up when they are not gang fighting!

And I wholeheartedly agree with you that Zeptolab would rather give free gems away than change their unfair gang fighting system. 

Of course if in-game chat was extended to all players, and not just gang members, we could communicate directly with campers in our championships .. and request a car change from them. Again, failure to comply (documented with screenshots) could easily be made into a “bannable” offence 😀

How motivated are Zeptolab to fix the camping problem? As motivated as they are to fix the multiple problems created by their 6 December 2017 update! On a scale of 1 (we really don’t give a ....) to 10 (we are working day and night to fix these problems), I’ll be generous and give them a 2/10. That’s roughly what I score from gang fights while prestiging these days! 🙁

 

Hahaha, brilliant response Phil. I'm going to think about some actions we could undertake to reach them. Hopefully they will pick up on this topic in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If zeptolab actually gets rid of campers, maybe I'll actually pick up this game again.

Cats then: 9/10

Cats now: -1/10

All of these solutions sounds great actually, but couldn't there just be a damage and health cap per stage? (Changing often of course, and excluding stage 24.)

Also, this game sucks. Wait I said that.

Finally, ooh 349 posts. forum game time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to say it, i want to say it - campers are idjits!!!

I was one by myself for almost a week...then i get it...i work for Zepto for free (okey for 3 gems)...sorry but no way...is it so hard NOT TO JOIN CHAMPIONSHIP?

And there was trolls before gang fights update and i can understand those...entering championship with shouting "You shall not pass!!!" :D...there is logic in that but not in stupid campers.

Solutions.

1. my favorit and almost 100% not happening...championship last 12 hours. Too good to became true.

2. change championship button...too bad for players so more chances to happen...first reason, it will not be for free, obviously...second, it's already hard to get full championship...with option to jump out from strong opponents it will be always not enough players.

3. REMOVE 3 GEMS from reward and add 2 gems in each sponsor box...no reason for campers to join championship...bad side...campers are idiots so they mostly will join anyway.

 

 

 

Edited by SeniorSSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeniorSSS said:

I want to say it, i want to say it - campers are idjits!!!

I was one by myself for almost a week...then i get it...i work for Zepto for free (okey for 3 gems)...sorry but no way...is it so hard NOT TO JOIN CHAMPIONSHIP?

And there was trolls before gang fights update and i can understand those...entering championship with shouting "You shall not pass!!!" :D...there is logic in that but not in stupid campers.

Solutions.

1. my favorit and almost 100% not happening...championship last 12 hours. Too good to became true.

2. change championship button...too bad for players so more chances to happen...first reason, it will not be for free, obviously...second, it's already hard to get full championship...with option to jump out from strong opponents it will be always not enough players.

3. REMOVE 3 GEMS from reward and add 2 gems in each sponsor box...no reason for campers to join championship...bad side...campers are idiots so they mostly will join anyway.

 

 

 

I think you must be playing a different game SeniorSSS! Normally you make heaps of sense .. but your views on campers are nonsense!!

First .. it is IMPOSSIBLE not to join a championship! When one championship ends, you are automatically placed in another one (and there is no exit option). You are clearly playing a special version of CATS that I have never seen 😀

Second .. the logic of camping ⛺️ is so easy to understand that I don’t understand why you don’t get it (if you catch my drift). Camping enables players to win 10/10 gang fights .. QED!! 

Third .. needless to say, your three solutions are all totally unnecessary!

BUT .. in the midst of your illogical rambling, a brilliant solution to the camping problem emerged!

Currently, you do get a choice to join the ultimate league .. you are not placed automatically in one when a new league begins. Why not provide the same option for championships? When one 48 hour championship ends, a button pops up giving you the same option that applies to league. Campers should elect not to join a championship.. PROBLEM SOLVED 😀😀

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think you must be playing a different game SeniorSSS! Normally you make heaps of sense .. but your views on campers are nonsense!!

First .. it is IMPOSSIBLE not to join a championship! When one championship ends, you are automatically placed in another one (and there is no exit option). You are clearly playing a special version of CATS that I have never seen 😀

Second .. the logic of camping ⛺️ is so easy to understand that I don’t understand why you don’t get it (if you catch my drift). Camping enables players to win 10/10 gang fights .. QED!!

 

Okey, my bad english...camping by itself to win gang fights good...joing championship stupid...and about impossible mission not to join new championship...hmm...how about NOT PRESS THIS ONE

 

IMG_20180125_105702.png

:) and it's work like with league now...if you choose not collect reward, you don't join new championship. And it's the way out from Sansara's wheel

 

P.S. at least i hope it is so :D

Edited by SeniorSSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think you must be playing a different game SeniorSSS! Normally you make heaps of sense .. but your views on campers are nonsense!!

First .. it is IMPOSSIBLE not to join a championship! When one championship ends, you are automatically placed in another one (and there is no exit option). You are clearly playing a special version of CATS that I have never seen 😀

[...]

BUT .. in the midst of your illogical rambling, a brilliant solution to the camping problem emerged!

Currently, you do get a choice to join the ultimate league .. you are not placed automatically in one when a new league begins. Why not provide the same option for championships? When one 48 hour championship ends, a button pops up giving you the same option that applies to league. Campers should elect not to join a championship.. PROBLEM SOLVED 😀😀

 

Mostly you're right, but about not joining championship I have to object you. Since update 2.5 it's indeed possible NOT to join a championship. I call this type of campers the "Don't press the red button"-campers

In this time:

- you don't get parts from the next stage

- you can play through the championship without "camping"

- your rank keeps save, so you can decide when you want to promote

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play .. happy to be corrected!

I’ve never camped myself, but in defense of campers, that red championship button conveys ZERO INFORMATION! If ⚠️ means do not press if you don’t want to be in a championship, that’s news to me! If Zeptolab have decided that words are no longer required .. and obscure buttons will do the trick, they missed the boat with me .. lol 😂 

So, for the stupid players like me, write the championship option in words (just as you did for the league) .. and you may just fix the camping problem. 😀😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil said:

Fair play .. happy to be corrected!

I’ve never camped myself, but in defense of campers, that red championship button conveys ZERO INFORMATION! If ⚠️ means do not press if you don’t want to be in a championship, that’s news to me! If Zeptolab have decided that words are no longer required .. and obscure buttons will do the trick, they missed the boat with me .. lol 😂 

So, for the stupid players like me, write the championship option in words (just as you did for the league) .. and you may just fix the camping problem. 😀😀

In that you're totally right! Zepto is very cryptic about what exactly updates changes...for this particular case one of the reason could that it isn't profitable...campers gives money to Zepto...of course, strong and smart camper isn't beatable but most of them are...but you need to waste quite big amount of gems to do that.

 

 

image.png

Edited by SeniorSSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is totally not backed up but has anyone ever thought of the possibility that Zepto could be placing these campers in competitions themselves? I've spent quite some gems to get past campers and I'm not the only one.

Also I can't imagine that not one camper thinks of changing their machine when they leave, and yet it seems so. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jopie said:

This is totally not backed up but has anyone ever thought of the possibility that Zepto could be placing these campers in competitions themselves? I've spent quite some gems to get past campers and I'm not the only one.

Also I can't imagine that not one camper thinks of changing their machine when they leave, and yet it seems so. 

That first possibility has to be false.... That'd be WAY too many players added.

Also, I think the reason campers don't change their machines before they leave the game is because 

a) they don't want to be placed in the bottom three, preventing them from getting gems

b) They want to prevent others from getting good rewards, which in turn enables other players to start catching up to these players in stats.

This also makes the suggested "don't click championship button" solution pointless because gems are so rare nowadays that everyone wants them, and camping is the perfect solution.

Thats also why I suggested a cap in attack and defense.

Oh yeah, and zeptolab just wants our money now. Simple enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2018 at 7:29 AM, Phil said:

These so called “trolls” are campers! They are a totally legitimate part of the game .. and a totally legitimate strategy to enable players to win 10/10 gang fights!

The problems they create for prestiging players are well known. The good news is that there are far better solutions to the problem than the ones you propose 😀

1. Introduce a player code of conduct that requires campers to leave weaponless or very weak builds up whenever they are not gang fighting. Campers who do not comply could then be reported .. and eventually banned for numerous breaches of this code!

2. Make gang fights fairer .. then players won’t have to camp! It was the ridiculously unfair gang fighting system introduced by Zeptolab that created camping ⛺️ .. a strategic response by players to level the gang fighting playing field. If “monster opponents” were removed from gang fights, campers would immediately disappear from championships (since no benefit would be gained from this activity).

Don’t blame players for camping .. the blame lies fairly and squarely with Zeptolab!

I love it grandpa, but banning players is too harsh don't you think? :)

 

anyway, OP. They are campers, sometimes if you got bored, you'd eventually do this from time to time :) tweak your weapons, try new techniques, etc. But still want to invole in the championship to get at least a few gems or coins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case I'll be the first to be banned. I play these games from the comfort of my home or on the go with the intention to be competitive. 

If the game allows me to place my best build out to prevent others from progressing I most certainly will. I've gone through just as many if not more campers than others and while it's annoying it's part of the game today. 

My goal when playing anything competivily is to beat the competition within the framework of the game. If I can prevent people's progress that's an advantage to me. If I can annoy you or get you to quit, advantage to me. I don't play any app games with the intention to be casual or be the worst. Just not my nature. If I make like minded friends along the way so be it. But in the end, I want to be competitive. I didn't say win everything, just competitive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Guardian said:

In that case I'll be the first to be banned. I play these games from the comfort of my home or on the go with the intention to be competitive. 

If the game allows me to place my best build out to prevent others from progressing I most certainly will. I've gone through just as many if not more campers than others and while it's annoying it's part of the game today. 

My goal when playing anything competivily is to beat the competition within the framework of the game. If I can prevent people's progress that's an advantage to me. If I can annoy you or get you to quit, advantage to me. I don't play any app games with the intention to be casual or be the worst. Just not my nature. If I make like minded friends along the way so be it. But in the end, I want to be competitive. I didn't say win everything, just competitive.  

So now everyone's going to raise their pitchforks after you writing that post.

Besides, I don't think this game can be called competitive anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I most certainly expect some hate. Nothing unusual. 

 

As for things being competitive, people have different opinions on that. Depends on what you want to challenge yourself in. So many games within a game. Like Phil being the most active and spirited on this forum. It's Cats related and it appears to be fun and challenging for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The easiest solution in my opinion is rewarding the opponent with a medal if you lose from them while attacking...

if a camper has a much stronger build he will automaticly get enough medals when others attack them leading to a promotion after two days... if they dont want this promotion they will use a crappy build... just like we want them to...

this also solves the problem where players enter 15 mins before the championship ends to get medals by using different builds... the best overall builds will be rewarded...

Edited by Supersoda
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2018 at 11:36 AM, Guardian said:

In that case I'll be the first to be banned. I play these games from the comfort of my home or on the go with the intention to be competitive. 

If the game allows me to place my best build out to prevent others from progressing I most certainly will. I've gone through just as many if not more campers than others and while it's annoying it's part of the game today. 

My goal when playing anything competivily is to beat the competition within the framework of the game. If I can prevent people's progress that's an advantage to me. If I can annoy you or get you to quit, advantage to me. I don't play any app games with the intention to be casual or be the worst. Just not my nature. If I make like minded friends along the way so be it. But in the end, I want to be competitive. I didn't say win everything, just competitive.  

This would be perfectly understandable strategy in a PvP game 😀

But CATS is PvP in name only .. in practice it’s PvZ!

I (and my gang) are really competing against Zeptolab. There are two key battle fronts .. gang and ultimate fights. In each competition, we try to win as many trophies or purple points as we can .. while Zeptolab try to take as many gems off us as they can!

Their modus operandi is well known .. using enhanced real players and Zeptolab bots to make gang and ultimate fights more difficult than they otherwise would be!

Championships, and prestiging have always been a means to an end .. to enable players to secure the necessary parts and other resources (including skill points) to build competitive cars .. either normal or ultimate. However, because we are ultimately fighting Zeptolab rather than each other, our relative rate of progress through prestige levels makes relatively little difference to our overall performance. This is particularly  true once threshold prestige levels have been achieved. The amount of gem spending in gang and ultimate fighting is a far more important determinant of success than prestige level 😀

To sum up, your approach is both an unnecessary condition for success .. and a necessary and sufficient condition for rightly being regarded as an ........ by your fellow players! 😡

Time to look at yourself in a room full of mirrors!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Phil said:

This would be perfectly understandable strategy in a PvP game 😀

But CATS is PvP in name only .. in practice it’s PvZ!

I (and my gang) are really competing against Zeptolab. There are two key battle fronts .. gang and ultimate fights. In each competition, we try to win as many trophies or purple points as we can .. while Zeptolab try to take as many gems off us as they can!

Their modus operandi is well known .. using enhanced real players and Zeptolab bots to make gang and ultimate fights more difficult than they otherwise would be!

Championships, and prestiging have always been a means to an end .. to enable players to secure the necessary parts and other resources (including skill points) to build competitive cars .. either normal or ultimate. However, because we are ultimately fighting Zeptolab rather than each other, our relative rate of progress through prestige levels makes relatively little difference to our overall performance. This is particularly  true once threshold prestige levels have been achieved. The amount of gem spending in gang and ultimate fighting is a far more important determinant of success than prestige level 😀

To sum up, your approach is both an unnecessary condition for success .. and a necessary and sufficient condition for rightly being regarded as an ........ by your fellow players! 😡

Time to look at yourself in a room full of mirrors!

 

I can understand and perhaps even sympathize with your position, but you play the game for completely different reasons than I do. You're a social butterfly and aim to help your gang and community, therefore, you enjoy  logging in for different reasons. I thought you were above such short sided opinions when there's literally no right answer on how someone should approach finding enjoyment in a game. 

I literally login to app games on my downtime to escape the normal daily grinds of being a dad and husband. I play within the rules of those games and find mini challenges within the game to compete and stay occupied. If I happen to come across like minded people that I enjoy playing with so be it, but I have Facebook and real life for those crowd pleasing moments. 

If you prefer that everyone just roll over for you so you can have enjoyment you should try Candy Crush. 

If someone was to message me on discord and ask me to change my build, I'd probably say sure. But to call someone out to look in the mirror for doing what is allowed within the framework of the content and choose a different path in the game..... yeah Phil, I expected better. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys but camping is the perfect strategy for what this game has become. The parts you get by winning quick fights or going through stages are ridiculously weak. Before I decided to start camping I was almost at the last stage of a “colour” (let’s say green) and would still get blue parts! This is absolutely ridiculous. So, I will camp as much as is needed for me to get the parts that correspond to my stage. For example, if I am at stage 14 I will camp until I start getting 5 star green parts. Before I get these, I am not moving on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fufu said:

Sorry guys but camping is the perfect strategy for what this game has become. The parts you get by winning quick fights or going through stages are ridiculously weak. Before I decided to start camping I was almost at the last stage of a “colour” (let’s say green) and would still get blue parts! This is absolutely ridiculous. So, I will camp as much as is needed for me to get the parts that correspond to my stage. For example, if I am at stage 14 I will camp until I start getting 5 star green parts. Before I get these, I am not moving on.

So you don't enjoy the game anymore and solve it in a way that a lot more people don't enjoy it anymore? That's selfish. Don't be a prick then and just stop playing instead of becoming a part of the problem. Have you ever undertaken action like I have to change the situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now