Shiriru

Chinese New Year Update (Version 2.7) - Discussion

58 posts in this topic

Kittens and Pilots,

We will have a new update soon. What are your thoughts and ideas for the new update? Write it down below ;)

From this point on, we know these things:

• New ultimate parts (announced on January 18th)
  • A new event (announced today) - When I watch into the calendar, it seems that could be something like "Chinese new year" or "Valentines day"
  • Some new and old things to get (announced today)

You can discuss here like all the updates before, but there is something new:

We will not post anything about mainenance or release notes here anymore. You will find infos about the release notes in the News as soon as it's available. The info for maintenance will show up everywhere on the Forum's website short before it's starting.

With that words: discussion started! ;)

• Confused 1

First of all, YAY FIRST REPLIER!

Secondly, this update sounds like the infamous Christmas update. But more pointless. However, if the rewards are better (BRING BACK ORIGINAL LEAGUE!) then this game will be worth playing again. They did say "new and old things to get"... *hint hint*

Thirdly, WOW NEWS! Why forum is good.

Finally, here's what I want in the new update:

-More and better ways to get rewards

-Tournaments *hint hint*

-The original league (I'm dying inside)

-A better system to remove campers (as discussed in other topics, we can probably agree on something peoples)

-Codes that ACTUALLY LAST FOR A DECENT TIME (I'm just not even going to try to convince zeptolab anymore)

-Maybe something new and MORE CREATIVE for ultimate machines? (Maybe that's too much to ask... Huh.)

And in general a better reward system. And making this game less p2w.

Not too much to ask right? (<--- sarcasm)

Edited by DabbingCuttlefish
BEAUTIFUL sentences and grammar corrections
  • Confused 1

Ideas...

1. Update comes with description what has been done...if there is nerfs or buffs of some detail then that's explained, including information for those who loves mathematic...if there are new elements then how they work and are there some max levels or other restrictions or hidden rules.

2. Another +10 prestiges. Infinite prestiges i think would kill leagues. 4...even 8 details per 3 days isn't worth fighting comparing to 24 details for 24 stages...and it's possible to do one prestige per 3 days.

Edited by SeniorSSS
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SeniorSSS said:

Rumor has it...update is at monday 10am...utc...so we'll soon see.

That's no rumor... It's confirmed!

Chervey:

We just wanted to say that a new update is scheduled on Monday and our servers will go down for maintenance starting from 10 am till 3 pm (UTC).

Chinese New year is coming. And we're going to add new special Ultimate Parts and a referral program that will allow you to benefit from inviting friends to join the celebration.

Meow!

2 hours ago, WubbyWubby said:

chinese new year still far

SEARCHED ON GOOGLE this event will start in February 16th

GoogleChineseNewYear.png

Zeptolab isn't known for syncing up Holidays to events perfectly :P 

The event could start as soon as the maintenance is done or 1 -2 weeks later

On 1/25/2018 at 4:38 PM, DabbingCuttlefish said:

First of all, YAY FIRST REPLIER!

Secondly, this update sounds like the infamous Christmas update. But more pointless. However, if the rewards are better (BRING BACK ORIGINAL LEAGUE!) then this game will be worth playing again. 

Every time I see someone live in the past and pour their heart out for the missed Blue Ribbon Old League I feel sorry for them. The sooner you come to terms with this league being gone forever, the sooner your pain will subside. You have a better chance resurrecting Elvis than seeing the old league. 

As for the rest of your points, don't expect much- it's a minor update. If you've been following the chatter from Chervey and other Dev reps they've made themselves clear that any major changes will take more time. It's nearly a certainty this app developer will not do back to back major updates. 

Here's what's been confirmed so far: 

New prestige levels. 

A new themed ultimate build. 

An auto detecting ban software. 

As for a new event (similar to the Halloween event) nothing confirmed yet and no reason to believe it will happen. I mean, Christmas in my opinion is a much more popular holiday than Halloween and we got literally nothing during that time. 

As for addressing camping, new leagues, new gang mode, nerfs/buffs, and the endless other problematic functions of the game- those don't appear to be ready anytime soon. 

With the addition of 240 more parts coming from prestige levels coupled with organic rewards from ultimate league and gang boxes it's a near certainty people will be maxed out on parts (at level 8) without Zepto lifting the cap. 

We are all better off just saying to ourselves this isn't an update at all. 

Edited by Guardian
Typo

But I don't have pain. I have (to an extent) hatred. For what zeptolab has done to this game. 

But, I agree, the chance of bringing back the old league is the chance of me spontaneously combusting as I write this post.

33 minutes ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

But I don't have pain. I have (to an extent) hatred. For what zeptolab has done to this game. 

Fair enough, no pain. But I would like to see someone spontaneously combust. Personally, haven't witnessed before. That would make for a fairly popular YouTube Vid. 

23 hours ago, Guardian said:

Here's what's been confirmed so far: 

New prestige levels. 

A new themed ultimate build. 

An auto detecting ban software. 

As for a new event (similar to the Halloween event) nothing confirmed yet and no reason to believe it will happen. I mean, Christmas in my opinion is a much more popular holiday than Halloween and we got literally nothing during that time. 

As for addressing camping, new leagues, new gang mode, nerfs/buffs, and the endless other problematic functions of the game- those don't appear to be ready anytime soon. 

With the addition of 240 more parts coming from prestige levels coupled with organic rewards from ultimate league and gang boxes it's a near certainty people will be maxed out on parts (at level 8) without Zepto lifting the cap. 

We are all better off just saying to ourselves this isn't an update at all. 

All spot on .. but for the first time since the 6 December 2017 shocker of an update, there are some grounds for optimism 😀

1. The proposed update is unlikely to make the game worse to play!

2. A further crackdown on cheats is very much appreciated 😀

3. The Chinese New Year event may yet be like the fabulous Halloween event .. and not at all like the rubbish Christmas non-event (co-hosted by the Grinch and Scrooge .. crap right from the start, and finished off with the mother of all rip-offs! Scrooge and Grinch .. take a bow! You guys really do know how to destroy Christmas spirit!)

4. We will have an opportunity to be further rewarded for inviting our friends to share the grief that this game regularly  provides us 😀 Great initiative .. grief feels less overwhelming with supportive friends around 😀

So it could have been a lot worse! And the Chinese New Year event could be awesome .. just don’t let it be co-hosted by those two Chinese developers who work for Zeptolab .. Fook U and Fook Mi 🙁 They have already done enough damage with the 6 December 2017 update!

• Haha 1

I dont believe that the new event will be similar to the haloween event... it would be awesome, but since they called the red crate reward a christmas event i just expect someting similar... probably yellow crates...

i earned so many gems during haloween... after all the latest changes in the gem departement i do not think they will be as generous again...

1 hour ago, HughPayne said:

No new gem rewards?

IMG_2572.JPG

This game summed up in that photo.

P.S Forum Rules!

Edited by DabbingCuttlefish

11 hours ago, Shiriru said:

I have more news... You can look the original message on Discord: https://discord.me/CrashArenaTurboStars

- ZeptoLab will add a new cheating proof system with the main focus in Ultimate League 

- Prestige cap will increase (to 25 or 30?)

I find it funny how Zepto now are adding prestiges bit by bit. How long will this go on?  Why not raise the cap to 100 and get it over with. Why not 500 or even 1000?

It's slightly annoying for those that are already at the current final prestige and has started to build their main rig thinking that this is as far they'll go with the prestiges.

It's a sleazy way of doing things, but hey we all have a choice whether or not to prestige any further.

19 minutes ago, Ghau said:

Why cannot enter game and upadate too much long time?? 

If you're using Android, try this workaround:

unknown.png