BlandBread

Ultimate League 101

8 posts in this topic

If you're kindove new to CATS and you have been struggling in the ultimate league, this is the post for you.

Strategy for Ultimate Farming: You basically fight until you can't fight anymore. When you see easy enemies, you fight them and beat them. When you see a hard enemy that you can't beat, you quit. Be sure to rack up tickets in the normal garage.

Weapons to Avoid w/ Melee Build: Thrombone Gun, Cutter Rocket w/ Repulse

Weapons to Avoid w/ Ranged Build: Cutter Rocket, Laser

Weapons to Avoid w/ All Classes: Cutter Rocket/Laser w/ Freezing Present Thingy (idk the name lol)

Weapons Not to use w/ Melee Build: Thrombone Gun

Weapons Not to use w/ Ranged Build: Double Blade, Ice Cream Mace

Weapons Not to use w/ All Classes (crappy weapons): Dragon Mortar

Utilities are good for every class. It just matters whether it fits your playstyle or not.

Builds to Consider:

Melee: Corsair w/ Double Blade & Corsair Harpoon, Santa's Sled w/ Ice Cream Mace, Flamethrower & Freezing Present Thingy

Ranged: Corsair w/ Cutter Rocket & Repulse (no wheels, useless if not stationary), Santa's Sled w/ Ice Double Rocket Thingy (idk the name... again), Laser & Freezing Present Thingy, Corsair w/ Laser & Freezing Present Thingy

That list of tips should get you into a higher league in the ultimate garage. Leave a reply if this helped you. :D

On February 7, 2018 at 5:41 PM, BlandBread said:

Sorry dragon mortar can be used with ranged builds. There kinda isn't any "bad" parts for ultimate garage.

I disagree at 15 power it's the biggest laugh, I'd take any other weapon over that on any setup, heck a ranged with a lace is more effective. They need to fix it to 5 power then it might be used with a rocket or laser setup. Just needs to be fixed like they did with the mini gun in regular.

Edited by Mrbiglesworth

On 2/10/2018 at 12:27 PM, BlandBread said:

Disagree. Dragon Mortar + Corsair w/ Repule OP

I somehow got a level 4 mortar and I can't find a setup that makes it better than any other of my existing builds. I found a small niche for it to fight melee without boosts or grapple, but otherwise there are far better options.

Currently I run a Corsair with a Repulse and Cutter Rocket for my main. Unlike what the OP recommends though, I have a Bigfoot and Double Roller on it for wheels. Gives it enough health that it can straight up tank almost everything. I back it up with a Dozer with a Double Blade and a grapple to handle bots with forklifts. Despite still not having a sleigh or a freeze box, they are still enough for me to place in the top 15 of the top league. 

Before ranting about useless parts, because you may have other or better options, be patient.  This game has a way of changing, and what appears useless today, can be the workhorse tomorrow.  There is no perfect setup, you just play with the toys you are given.

As the never ending hidden game features, you might end up better off

For example - some players have toyed with putting that legondary chainsaw on a rear weapon slot of a surfer - and swear that this will increase getting gems from next crates.

Others have focused on the order you build up your car makes a difference (do I equip wheels than weapons) makes the difference between winning or loosing a close battle.

We don't know.  If may very feel useless to you, which is fine, but no reason to rant