NotANewb

Update 2.8- Gang Wars

58 posts in this topic

Chervey posted this teaser on discord 5 hours ago, what do you think about it?

Cats! We're finally ready to tell you more about the upcoming update 2.8 and its main feature - Gang Wars. Fight against rival gang for control of the City! Use Ultimate Machines to conquer Districts and gain more points than the enemy in order to win the title of the City Kings - and then move to the next location! We'll tease more in the upcoming days. Gather your gangmates and prepare for battle!

88D86885-D49A-4B82-9713-138E8F8D1DD3.png

For all i know, that’s all chervey said so far. I can tell they really are trying to make this update a hit. The pic looks cool and the new type of gang war is really thought out. Hope I still feel that way once the update is released ;) 

13 minutes ago, OverlandGuard said:

My opinion on the new update is that it's going to be a game changer! I certainly look forward to seeing this, any estimated release date? B|:D

it will be a game changer.... bY

a) (most likely) making the game more p2w.

b) introducing new, good (i'm looking at you, ultimate league)  mechAnics that we have so desperately longed for.

also as far as I know, there is no estimated release date yet. all we have is awesome teasers for what will probably shape up to be another terrible update by zeptolab. i'm beginning to wonder how they do it... bY not caring?

This update has a huge potential to change everything in the game! :D

I'm also not able to tell an update date yet, but when it's ready, we will tell you that asap :)

Btw.... pinned that topic - I would also like to move that to General. Is that okay for you @NotANewb?

Finally a use for our ultimate vehicles. I suffer from very low expectations and serious case of optimism so I’m primed to be set up to enjoy this update.

Can’t wait to read all the glass half empty rants. 

2 hours ago, Guardian said:

Can’t wait to read all the glass half empty rants.

I'll wait till update to make realistic rant :D

glass_half_full_empty_pee_funny_tshirt_sticker.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shiriru said:

This update has a huge potential to change everything in the game! :D

I'm also not able to tell an update date yet, but when it's ready, we will tell you that asap :)

Btw.... pinned that topic - I would also like to move that to General. Is that okay for you @NotANewb?

Oh yeah, in the excitement, I posted this in a random sub-forum. Oops.xD

Edited by NotANewb
  • Haha 1

New Information!!!

Ready for more news on the upcoming GANG WARS update? Let's rock!
Last time we teased the gang vs gang fight for control of the Cities. City consists of districts, and each district has a certain number of buildings that your gang needs to conquer. Inspect the cars parked outside the building to choose your rival, kick him out of the parking lot and claim his place. Fight against real cars from the enemy gang!
More info coming soon. Stay tuned!
~ Zepto

34CF59B9-E7F4-4B43-BDB0-526BA303978B.png

B9E2E961-4088-4973-BD56-BB38A13ABDA3.png

I now have a plan for this new update that will commence tommorow in a few simple steps!

Step 1: Begin to hoard gems. Start checking game actively like I would be doing if this game wasn't so bad at this point. Prepare boxes with crowns, make sure gang is active, (although that is highly unlikely) try to push to the next prestige, and participate to hoard parts as well. I probably won't need half of these things, but with cats you never know!

Step 2: Tinker with various designs. I wouldn't need to do this if I haven't been so inactive from this game, but I'm getting to repetitive, so let's advance to the next step.... Righhhhttttt? Oh yeah, and if there's new parts then I need to make sure my ads are okay, and experiment with possible designs based on teasers that will hopefully come out.

Step 3: Analyze teasers and social media sites. Every little bit of info counts. Every teaser, punctuation mark, typo, (im looking at you notanewb) picture, framing of autocorrect, and color must be analyzed carefully. Sometimes the little things are all the things. You can quote me on that.

Step 4: wait. This is honestly the easiest step, because 90% of this game is waiting.... (Starts playing other ACTUALLY GOOD GAMES TO PASS THE TIME WHILE A LIBRARIAN TELLS ME TO NOT SHOUT BUT IM HYPER *insert gibberish here* also jokes) Seriously though.

Step 5: Look out for codes. Honestly, I never get any of them... And I have a tendency to not have access to my iPad when they are released, but it's worth a try. This game, all neglected, but we all have love inside us, and love powers the world... Excluding this.... This. But yeah, discord is priority, enough said.

Step 6: Try to get hyped. It is very difficult to get hyped for anything related to this game at this point, but if I wanna try, I will try... Even if I know I will fail.

And that is my 6-step guide for preparing for the gang wars update!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AWESOME .. DABBINGCUTTLEFISH IS BACK 😀😀😀

1. Hoarding gems ✅  Crown boxes ✅  Prestige ✅  Participate in UL ✅  Check gang is active? (Don’t forget Fellow Foxes 🦊 is here for you)

2. Experiment with ultimate car designs ✅  New ultimate parts? (Who knows?)  Ads .. limited to 20 per day for everyone now (give or take an ad or two) .. at least that’s levelled this particular part of the playing field!!

3. Analyse teasers .. “Sometimes the little things are all the things. You can quote me on that”. (I just did) Don’t overdo this aspect .. teasers always miss the big things .. like those strategically placed buttons ☢️ that “nuke” large quantities of your gems 💎. You’ll just have to learn to walk through this minefield once the update is released!

4. Wait ✅  patience is the least appreciated, but greatest skill, a CATS player can have. Patience saves you thousands of gems over the course of your CATS life 😀

5. Codes ✅  4pm UTC every Thursday .. set your alarm (I do) .. watch soul destroying video for an eternity (the slowest 30 minutes of your life!) .. collect legendary box .. 12 precious gems for first 500 claimants.

6. Get hyped .. not really required .. “never say die” determination (fuelled by a burning desire to beat Zeptolab at their own game) .. works for me! 😀

DC .. YOU CAN DO IT!! 

SEIZE THE DAY .. FREE PLAYERS OF THE CATS WORLD .. VICTORY WILL BE OURS 🏆 

New Update by Chervey 12 and a half hours ago:

"It's time for a semi official announcement. Update 2.8 is coming soon. It will contain a Gang Wars feature (it will get a new name by the way), but it will NOT address the camper issue.

However we won't have to wait for 2.9 in order to get rid of campers. We will roll out a hot fix update soon after (approximately in a couple of weeks) that will deal with campers by means of capping trophies a player can contribute in Gang Fights. This cap will get reset after promotion to a new stage or prestiging."

1 hour ago, NotANewb said:

However we won't have to wait for 2.9 in order to get rid of campers. We will roll out a hot fix update soon after (approximately in a couple of weeks) that will deal with campers by means of capping trophies a player can contribute in Gang Fights. This cap will get reset after promotion to a new stage or prestiging."

So I guess the campers will be able to enjoy some griefing before they get bored and quit the game?  Soon they'll be able to not only prevent people from advancing instantly, they also be able to enjoy the happy by-product of stifling the ability of others to earn trophies.  If a player can't advance due to a camper, said player can't reset their trophy cap either

Why not just create a rating based on a combination of the amount of time a player spends at a certain level and their health/damage levels in relation to an average player at that level?  Once said player's rating reaches a certain threshold, remove their ability to gain trophies, boxes and gems. 

I wonder what will happen to those who don't join championships? Do they'll be able to camp without restriction or not?

i juSt realized something.... aside from all the obvious things that come with the new update, there is one thing that can be a Killer or a wInner...

but based on p2w history.. we wiLL probably not get it...

you know what it iS from this post :)

The biggest problem with campers - they represent 99% of the real money spending.  And we want this to go away because???

18 minutes ago, KittyKitty said:

The biggest problem with campers - they represent 99% of the real money spending.  And we want this to go away because???

Um, so zeptolab can finally make ultimate league good? So progression actually exists in the game and we are not stuck staring at the same screen for hours? So we can actually have fun with this game?

I rest my case.

4 hours ago, KittyKitty said:

3 hours ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

Um, so zeptolab can finally make ultimate league good? So progression actually exists in the game and we are not stuck staring at the same screen for hours? So we can actually have fun with this game?

I rest my case.

I believe campers have been given too much credit for slowing progression in the game. There are three more important reasons for slower progress through prestige levels (compared to the good old days when we were prestiging to 10/24) :

1. RESTRICTED ADS .. I open way less than half the boxes per day that I used to open!

2. MORE WEAPONS/GADGETS .. the introduction of miniguns, shotguns, lifters and harpoons in particular have given players a far greater range of cars to build now. As a result, more cars can counter your build .. and the chance of beating all 14 players in a Championship has therefore gone down.

3. DETERIORATING BOX DROPS .. op items like double rockets and 3 slot cars have become much rarer (compounded by the fact that we now open fewer boxes). As a result, I’m often fighting in Championships with a car that is up to 4 stages below my current one!

When you put these factors together, I believe they FULLY EXPLAIN my change in prestiging progress! In other words, if ads were unlimited and box drops improved (I don’t advocate removing the new weapons/gadgets), I am confident that I would begin to prestige as fast as in the good old days!

Rather than unlimited ads (which is now beyond Zeptolab’s control), box opening times should be reduced (to one and two hours respectively for regular and super boxes). 

With these simple changes, the camping problem would become manageable, campers could live in peace (and continue to provide the bulk of real money spending) .. and CATS would be a more enjoyable game for ALL PLAYERS 😀😀

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I believe campers have been given too much credit for slowing progression in the game. There are three more important reasons for slower progress through prestige levels (compared to the good old days when we were prestiging to 10/24) :

1. RESTRICTED ADS .. I open way less than half the boxes per day that I used to open!

2. MORE WEAPONS/GADGETS .. the introduction of miniguns, shotguns, lifters and harpoons in particular have given players a far greater range of cars to build now. As a result, more cars can counter your build .. and the chance of beating all 14 players in a Championship has therefore gone down.

3. DETERIORATING BOX DROPS .. op items like double rockets and 3 slot cars have become much rarer (compounded by the fact that we now open fewer boxes). As a result, I’m often fighting in Championships with a car that is up to 4 stages below my current one!

When you put these factors together, I believe they FULLY EXPLAIN my change in prestiging progress! In other words, if ads were unlimited and box drops improved (I don’t advocate removing the new weapons/gadgets), I am confident that I would begin to prestige as fast as in the good old days!

Rather than unlimited ads (which is now beyond Zeptolab’s control), box opening times should be reduced (to one and two hours respectively for regular and super boxes). 

With these simple changes, the camping problem would become manageable, campers could live in peace (and continue to provide the bulk of real money spending) .. and CATS would be a more enjoyable game for ALL PLAYERS 😀😀

Well, realistically, this is not true. More weapons and gadgets is, for reasons stated here, but the other two reasons are not? Why you ask?

Here is my reasoning:

-Box drops becoming better don't help against op machines. 

Campers rely on toolboxes and money to get to where they are now. So, while box drops are annoying, the overpowered machines are the main issue here. Think about this: 

Lets say I'm in stage... 23, about to advance to the next prestige, right? Nope, about half of the people in the championship group are campers, as expected.

All of a sudden I magically get a 4 star whale, with two weapon slots and a gadget slot.

I put my best weapons on this machine, that do NOT have toolboxes (for this example) equaling to about 90000 damage, where I proceed to do the big fight.

I win every fight but the camper fights. There are a few problems with this:

a) yes, a good whale is incredibly rare. Good weapons are incredibly rare, but the ads at the end of boxes still exist. All the time. So usually this is not a problem.

b) toolbox spam. Zeptolab's fault for allowing this to happen.

Next reason:

-ads are not everything.

(insert hate replies here) yes, I know, ads are the only way to win in this game besides money, blah, blah, blaahh. But let's be honest: how many of these ads to you need to watch to actually advance? Let's go by the example above.

The parts that I had came from after opening box get a good part ads. Except for the whale where I was essentially blessed. Anyway, this amounts to a total of 3 ads compared to around the limit by the average cats player.

Now, in reality, ads will only speed up your progression speed a little bit. How?

(someone says ultimate machines)

please, walk away. The door is next to you.

(walks away)

Anyway, the real answer is gang fights! Gang fights do not require ads at all. If you are lucky enough to have decent opponents, you can push for higher level boxes, resulting in toolboxes, resulting in the ability to catch up to the campers. Boxes are not part of this except for the parts I got for the whale.

As for why I'm defending zeptolab, I don't know, and I think I will regret it.

-----------

Side note: I think the camper solution kind of makes the game worse. It also contradicts itself.

If you stop campers from participating in gang fights from a certain period of time, it may solve the camper problem, but it may also cause:

a) a broken gang fights system. Now no one participates, and gang fights become worthless and broken, especially since the 3 gems are gone.

b) an even bigger loss in players. For obvious reasons.

c) a broken game in and of itself. Our gang fight rewards will be practically gone, and progression will slow down like it did with campers.

----

Update better be good.

P.S. No one got my skills thing in the weirdly capitalized post?

I have question...will be fixed...i think it's some sort of bag...drop of ultimate detail which is already maxed out?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SeniorSSS said:

I have question...will be fixed...i think it's some sort of bag...drop of ultimate detail which is already maxed out?

Are u saying to stop giving an ultimate part if that part is already maxed?

2 minutes ago, NotANewb said:

Yes...that would be logical

11 minutes ago, NotANewb said:

7 minutes ago, SeniorSSS said:

Yes...that would be logical

What actually happens with the part SeniorSSS? Does it sit in your garage .. so you can start building up a second one? Or does it simply disappear faster than a handful of gems purchased by a hapless player?

My solution is simple .. the ultimate garage should have a SELL OPTION for parts! Every part can be sold for gems .. with higher upgraded parts selling for more gems 😀

Another good idea with as much chance of being implemented as a ban on vodka in Russia! Although I must say a ban on vodka anywhere in the world is a very bad idea .. it is therapeutic after a tough day in the CATS trenches 😀