Sign in to follow this  
Ridley

Options to switch off skills

4 posts in this topic

There are some skills in the game that a player can regret investing in, such as stronger boosters and stronger repulses due to how they can enhance some strategies such as the boosted classic drive-under but derail others such as the blade+booster boulder seen below, or the infamous flying laser sneaky (which kills itself at booster level 3).
I understand that being able to re spec/refund would be exploitable as that would allow you to invest in better skills as you progress. 

But what if you could turn off specific skills either globally in the skills tab, or for specific machines in the garage tab? 
Like say you have the build below and find that booster level 3 causes it to kill itself as demonstrated, but find that level 1 or 2 work fine, simply go in the build's tab and set it to those levels. 

d107b0d2-39a4-4fbe-acce-e1fcd83dd0e2.gif.c6226a3b3f93cdd3e425feb75a36f8b2.gife904e47b-bd86-463a-84e1-a2f1d1845e07.gif.00dfc2c642e59a6270dfb7babbe2211f.gifa7ad37db-8eab-4b35-98dd-89b5c5a8c92b.gif.b02ed57be2b39e33c1f148db5983159b.gif

Edited by Ridley

2 hours ago, Guardian said:

Sure... 50 gems to turn off skills for 1 hour. Don’t forget to keep feeding the meter. 

LOL 😂😂😂

Perhaps we could negotiate a somewhat more reasonable PER SWITCH RATE of (say) 20 GEMS. Still a nice little earner for Zeptolab .. and not such a blatant rip-off of players (subtlety is always nicer)? 😀

But don’t hold your breath waiting for this change. It will be added to the very long list (I estimate to exceed 100 items) of both urgent and nice-to-have changes that Zeptolab ARE NOT WORKING ON .. while they pursue ever more cynical strategies to rip gems off players at each new update!!

Brace yourself for 2.8 .. and listen to some AC/DC (famous Aussie rock band) to get in the mood 😀 Highway to Hell .. Dirty Deeds .. and Thunderstruck will do nicely 🎧 

I fully support this change.  Upgrading  your skills should not create disadvantages.  Many of us have been pushing for this exact change since the game came out though, so I wouldn't expect anything to happen quickly.  But it really should happen.