Sign in to follow this  
NotANewb

Dealing With Spies

28 posts in this topic

My fellow gang member brought up a good point to me. 

As gang wars get harder and the KOTC competition becomes serious, it is inevitable that spies will start entering the game. I am talking about people entering a gang to view the gqng's UL machines, leaving and the reporting it to their own gang. In my gang, Cougar Tracks, a person has came and left twice in the gang very quickly and their activities look rather suspicious. I am not saying ban the player, I am just trying to bring proof to the problem. Why not make it so you can not participate in KOTC within one day of joining a gang to prevent spies joining and leaving and exploiting KOTC. I believe this is a rather necessary step to prevent exploitation even if it sacrifices ONE day of a new gang member. Do you agree?

Wasn't it just pirate of cats?...i mean jump in minute before clock stops...get gangchest...leave...find next not full but rich gang...repeat

Well I do agree with NotANewb because I spied on war bases on clash of clans (and tried to get co and kick people out) to find out where there traps where and tell my clan. I do believe that they should do something about and I would just close my gang for a bit mabye.

Another option is they make it so that a player who has come in cant even view KOTC until the current battle is over.

IMA JUST PLAY IT TRICKY  B|

Edited by Madhens
  • Like 1

I just figured why to mess with opponents the way that spying isn't problem anymore :):):)

Jump into opponents team...use all free scouts, free replaces if there is such use on strongest one with your weakest possible builds and let your previous team win your weak builds...jump out...dope

51 minutes ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

All we need is a temporary option that prevents people from joining your gang for a while.

There are two permanent such options already :

1. A full gang .. spies can’t join a gang with 25 players

2. Kick function .. if you’re paranoid about spies, simply kick any player who joins your gang during a close KOTC battle.

No need to use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut 😀

And finally.. on the issue of spies .. “ just because you’re paranoid, that doesn’t mean everyone isn’t out to get you!” So stay vigilant .. if you see any of your players acting suspiciously NotANewb, just kick them straight out of your gang. Even if you end up with just you (and maybe a handful of trusted fellow gang members .. but can you really trust them?) .. it will be worth it for peace of mind.

And finally, finally .. our Fellow Foxes 🦊 spy in Cougar Tracks has just posted screenshots of all your ultimate cars on our discord channel. Some very good cars there NotANewb.. congratulations 😂😂

We look forward to meeting you guys in a KOTC battle in the near future 😀

50 minutes ago, Phil said:

on the issue of spies .

Relax, its just s game, and win or loss kotc event itself does not reward gamers awards of real value.

Just to add to your concerns, the game itself is not exactly closed.  There are real people with permission to access a users account, and gang information.  It is possible to hack.

And no, Zeptolabs does not have securitity budgets the scale of banks or nations, where there is real value, and do get hacked.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

There are two permanent such options already :

2. Kick function .. if you’re paranoid about spies, simply kick any player who joins your gang during a close KOTC battle.

No need to use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut 😀

And finally.. on the issue of spies .. “ just because you’re paranoid, that doesn’t mean everyone isn’t out to get you!” So stay vigilant .. if you see any of your players acting suspiciously NotANewb, just kick them straight out of your gang. Even if you end up with just you (and maybe a handful of trusted fellow gang members .. but can you really trust them?) .. it will be worth it for peace of mind.

And finally, finally .. our Fellow Foxes 🦊 spy in Cougar Tracks has just posted screenshots of all your ultimate cars on our discord channel. Some very good cars there NotANewb.. congratulations 😂😂

We look forward to meeting you guys in a KOTC battle in the near future 😀

A full gang does not happen everywhere, and the leader can not be active every time a new player joins.

So we just need an option that prevents anyone from joining a gang during KotC!

22 minutes ago, DabbingCuttlefish said:

A full gang does not happen everywhere, and the leader can not be active every time a new player joins.

So we just need an option that prevents anyone from joining a gang during KotC!

1. Agreed about full gangs and the poor old leader .. which is why a 2iC would be so nice 👍 

2. The problem is that KOTC is ALWAYS being played .. it’s a continuous mode like gang fighting (with normal cars). So no one would EVER be able to join a gang under your proposed solution???? Time for a rethink .. 😀😀

@KittyKitty Your post says is as thought out as the Halloween Event in CATS!

Tell me ONE free to play game that rewards a person with something else then a feeling of accomplishment. 99% of people who play games is because they are a fun pass-time that you can feel proud of yourself for (resulting from dopamine). So asking to chill is equivalent to someone not standing up for something that you are attached to. I just gave a view point and see no reason to CHILL as i am not getting super angry or posting an essay about hating the game, it is just a suggestion I feel is necessary and am supporting. Regarding hackers, the biggest problem they caused was the auto-clicking bots in the previous league. Saying hackers can view are machines is COMPLETELY irrelevant, hackers were never a problem due to Zepto banning them very soon.

@Phil

Really? Can you actually send me the pictures on discord so I can see who was active and who to kick? :P 

Regarding DC's post, i don't think the idea was thought out because you are right about KOTC always being played, but setting a 24 hour ban hurts no one, if you join a new gang, not being able to participate in KOTC isn't a big let down, after al, if you just joined a new gang, you probably have other things to do as well. After all, it isn't like this rule is breaking the game or that the person joined the gang JUST to participate in UL league. The rule isn't you can NEVER participate, it is JUST the first 24 hours which isn't a long time. The proposed 2iC would be VERY helpful in coordinating a gang especially since most of us don't have hours every day to spend on the game. On a side note: Do you have a job? You said that New Zealand's retirement plan is for 65+, and you are about 60, so you can either be retired or not.....xD

Edited by NotANewb

1 hour ago, NotANewb said:

@KittyKitty Your post says is as thought out as the Halloween Event in CATS!

Tell me ONE free to play game that rewards a person with something else then a feeling of accomplishment. 99% of people who play games is because they are a fun pass-time that you can feel proud of yourself for (resulting from dopamine). So asking to chill is equivalent to someone not standing up for something that you are attached to. I just gave a view point and see no reason to CHILL as i am not getting super angry or posting an essay about hating the game, it is just a suggestion I feel is necessary and am supporting. Regarding hackers, the biggest problem they caused was the auto-clicking bots in the previous league. Saying hackers can view are machines is COMPLETELY irrelevant, hackers were never a problem due to Zepto banning them very soon.

@Phil

Really? Can you actually send me the pictures on discord so I can see who was active and who to kick? :P 

Regarding DC's post, i don't think the idea was thought out because you are right about KOTC always being played, but setting a 24 hour ban hurts no one, if you join a new gang, not being able to participate in KOTC isn't a big let down, after al, if you just joined a new gang, you probably have other things to do as well. After all, it isn't like this rule is breaking the game or that the person joined the gang JUST to participate in UL league. The rule isn't you can NEVER participate, it is JUST the first 24 hours which isn't a long time. The proposed 2iC would be VERY helpful in coordinating a gang especially since most of us don't have hours every day to spend on the game. On a side note: Do you have a job? You said that New Zealand's retirement plan is for 65+, and you are about 60, so you can either be retired or not.....xD

About the first paragraph:

Kitty kitty quoted Phil's post, not yours, implying that he/she was telling Phil to chill, so no reason to have a long rant about said topic...

About the second paragraph:

Maybe once you join a gang, you can't leave for a certain period of time to prevent spying?

1 hour ago, NotANewb said:

@Phil

I was only joking about the Fellow Foxes 🦊 spy .. we are doing OK in KOTC without resorting to spying 🕵️‍♂️ 

We’re more than happy to take on any gang in a KOTC fight 😀

My main point is that there is insufficient evidence of spying to justify taking any action at this point. As SeniorSSS pointed out, players drop into gangs to collect gang boxes (if they can get away with it), or to check a gang out. Not all visiting players are spies! Besides .. the only advantage of spying is that you save 300 gems per scout .. after you’ve run out of free scouts. 

I hear your concern, but without a shred of hard evidence, you’ve put two and two together .. and got five. Players deserve the presumption of innocence until proven guilty .. I contend your honour that NotANewb has failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt (and in fact even on the lesser “balance of probabilities” test) that there are spies in the game of CATS.

We are in full agreement on the 2iC issue .. the need for this position has increased significantly with the advent of KOTC.

Re your side note .. I retired from paid employment on 30 June 2014 at the relatively young age of 55.

I am now in full time unpaid employment as leader of Fellow Foxes 🦊 .. and active participant in all things CATS. Although only 9 1/2 months into my new career, I am enjoying it very much (particularly after the most recent update, which has restored CATS to the great game it once was).

FB11B21E-922D-4C3D-A653-9903E16658BC.thumb.png.b150d2e70bf6663e73141726c2ec7eb6.png

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Not exactly

Because 10/24 was getting dull, I created a second account, Kitty Kitty Too, and joined a random gang, and did okay.   Anyhow, a few players were kicked pre 2.0 update, and post update, could gang chat - I'm still here - but not appearing in list of 25 members.  Not sure how this works, but it happened before, and am confident could happen again - a non member is in your gang.

I have as much faith any gang info is secure as I do when I read the still advertised pvp game.

On the otherhand, for the right price, I will be first in line to throw a fight.

I understand that spies have not happened yet, but they are inevitable in this type of game, and it IS best to take action early...

Edited by DabbingCuttlefish

We are facing good team and they have freebspot...and i've got a little tempetation to troll them but...it's too dirty and bad sportmanship...so it doesn't happen probably because you have to understand that it's possible...you don't care about gang fights trophies...and you are rat...about spying...as understand...position of cars changes time after time (or all time?) so even screenshot while scout or spy will not help...so spying is useless and not worth it...maybe other reason noone do that

Hey SeniorSSS .. just noticed that you’ve become a NEW MECHANIC 🔧

CONGRATULATIONS 😀😀

PS .. I agree that spying is of little use in KOTC .. and is most unlikely to become an issue at all.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Hey SeniorSSS .. just noticed that you’ve become a NEW MECHANIC 🔧

CONGRATULATIONS 😀😀

PS .. I agree that spying is of little use in KOTC .. and is most unlikely to become an issue at all.

Was not expecting that :P

P.S. High posters club!

On 3/11/2018 at 11:09 PM, NotANewb said:

spies will start entering the game.

Hey notanewb,

A far bigger problem than spies, is 3rd person cheats.

There are specific stages, where you get ultimate part crates.  So, suppose my server creates an army of bot accounts, with bogus gangs.

I could enter a gang, with minutes left in round, enlist in kotc, receive crate, then go onto the next gang.    

Did I just well time what gangs to join?  Get really lucky receiving 50 ultimate crates a dsy?  All because I dont know who these other players, using a different vpn, really are.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KittyKitty said:

I could enter a gang, with minutes left in round, enlist in kotc, receive crate, then go onto the next gang.  

Hey...great idea!!! It would be awesome to farm kotc...if for farming gang box there is need to find strong gangs and those are full mostly then for kotc even small ones are good...of course mostly that would be tons of toolboxs but idea is great

Edited by SeniorSSS

On 3/12/2018 at 5:25 PM, DabbingCuttlefish said:

About the first paragraph:

Kitty kitty quoted Phil's post, not yours, implying that he/she was telling Phil to chill, so no reason to have a long rant about said topic...

My apologies!

4 hours ago, KittyKitty said:

Hey notanewb,

A far bigger problem than spies, is 3rd person cheats.

There are specific stages, where you get ultimate part crates.  So, suppose my server creates an army of bot accounts, with bogus gangs.

Did I just well time what gangs to join?  Get really lucky receiving 50 ultimate crates a dsy?  All because I dont know who these other players, using a different vpn, really are.

But aren't there only a few time zones so the max farming you do is = to # of time-zones, not 50?

35 minutes ago, NotANewb said:

My apologies!

But aren't there only a few time zones so the max farming you do is = to # of time-zones, not 50?

Kotc isn't linked to timezone...war starts when gang is ready for it and ends when it ends

I tried to test that spy thing and toolbox farming possibility...and looks like it shouldn't be a problem...Zepto had already thought about it...i don't understand yet how exactly it works tho...i know some can join war after they just joined gang but i got this one (screenshot #1)...even after returning to my gang which just started the new war...and after 2+h still not be able to enlist to spy or do any harm.

Screenshot_2018_03_15_06_37_59.png

My current Kotc state :D

Screenshot_2018_03_15_07_41_42.png

• Thanks 1

Say Sr SSS, you may enlist once.

Unclear, if you join a new gang, with active kotc event, if you may enlist? Or if you must be a member b4 kotc event begins.

With regard to spies, many gamers have a second account.  Despite 1,000's gangs, if only the top 500 or so are actively playing kotc, odds are good, there will be situations where your rival gang contains your second account.  A trusted gamer can be a spy.

That being said, because of recovery times, even the biggest machine can be defeated, and given the 2 hour recovery.  But kotc is not exactly about building the biggest, its all about team building, social networking, a reason for even the smallest guppie to play with the sharks.

Relax

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KittyKitty said:

you may enlist once.

Yeah, thanks!!! Thats it now i know how it works...nice

• Like 1