nikos

Can someone explain me how to play kings of city mode.

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to understand how city kings work but i cannot find how to play about it anywhere.
I just made one fight then the game wont allow me to fight or defend anymore i have no clue how to play it. 

Do you have any idea what to do in that mode? 

Hi Nikos 

Here are some basics :

1. If you attack and win your fight in KOTC .. you AUTOMATICALLY become a defender.

2. If your car is not defeated by an opponent, or replaced by a gang mate, you will continue to DEFEND for the rest of the game.

3. As a defender, your car remains in the area you occupied. You cannot leave that area unless replaced by a gang mate.

4. You cannot attack again unless you are first defeated by an opponent.

5. If you attack and lose your fight in KOTC .. you are timed out for 2 hours.

6. After 2 hours, you can attack again in any area.

Hope this helps 😀

PS If you lose a fight while defending (ie an opponent attacks you and wins) .. you are also timed out for 2 hours.

Edited by Phil
Add PS
  • Thanks 1

In Kings of the City (often referred to as KotC), you are fighting against another gang in order to seize control of the six buildings, to make the other gang lose "Influence". Whoever has less influence at the end of the war (or if one gang runs out) loses the war.

Note: When you enlist, fill up all three of your slots with builds. That way you can have three different builds to use.

Influence: If a gang has control of at least 51% of one building, they "have control" of it. HAVING MORE THAN 51% DOESN'T MATTER! The name of the building will glow blue if your gang has it, or red if the other gang has it.

You lose influence once per minute. How much you lose is dependent on how many buildings you control, and the amount of slots in the building. I don't have any numbers on this, but there are some numbers. (Help, anyone? :P)

When you click on a building, you get two options: Attack and Defend.

The "Defend" tab is just if you want to check what cars are in the building you are in, or to use replaces. You don't usually click on this one often.

Attacking is what you're going to be doing most of the time. You can click on one of the cars (cars with a P in the corner are bots and the ones with a gang symbol on them are cars from the other gang), and attack it. If you win, you take that car's space, and you can't do anything until your spot gets taken. If you lose, or your spot gets taken, you have to wait two hours for your build to repair before you can use it again.

Powerups: You get free powerups by getting trophies from the gang fights. There are two kinds of powerups: Scouts and Replaces.

Scouts give you the ability to see the cars and the stats of the cars in one building for one hour. Free scouts are shared between the entire gang, so don't use one unless your gang agrees! Scouts are super useful and should be used only when necessary, because they are hard to come by.

Replaces make it possible for gang members to replace other gang members' cars. Generally, you can put a weaker build into the stronger build's place, so that the stronger build can be used to attack a new slot. These are also shared between your whole gang!

What probably happened to you is that you only made one build, so you could only do one attack. Next time make three builds so you can help your gang out more. Good luck in CATS! <3

And Phil you beat me to it ;-;

• Thanks 1

Wow thanks guys this was really helpful. One last question though.

I did attack once and it asked me to build a car, so i did. Now i have only a single car which is seated on a lot but the game wont let me just create my 2 other cars for some reason. 
I am assuming that im late for building other cars only when im not involved in any fight actively i can build something is that right or theres something funny going on with my game? 

Once you enlist in the war, you can't change your builds in any way. You have to do it at the beginning. 

1 hour ago, Angela said:

Note: When you enlist, fill up all three of your slots with builds. That way you can have three different builds to use.

What probably happened to you is that you only made one build, so you could only do one attack. Next time make three builds so you can help your gang out more. Good luck in CATS! <3

The ONLY time you’re allowed to build your ultimate cars for KOTC is just after you’ve ENLISTED.

As Angela said above, make sure then that you :

1. Build THREE cars .. even if one or two are weaker builds. Numbers help a great deal in KOTC battles!

2. Check your cars before hitting FIGHT .. some players forget to put weapons, etc on 😂 You CANNOT CHANGE YOUR CARS DURING A FIGHT .. so being weaponless for 24 hours is a major downer 🙁

Hmmmm .. I think you beat me to it, this time Angela 😂

Replies so far courtesy of your friendly FELLOW FOXES 🦊 (the name of the gang Angela and I belong to) 😀

• Like 2