Furansco

New gadget: Shield / Armor

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I watch forum topics from time to time and my favorite section is the idea's section because I've seen some of them become a reality and make the game more balanced and fun.

I'm on prestige 14 and I've learned a lot since I started playing, about 1 year ago.

This new gadget came to my mind and I thought a lot about it. Is intended to work for normal battles but with a little tweaks it could be implemented into ultimate fights.

The shield / armor

This gadget uses 2-3 energy.

It protects the machine against different types of damage, which is displayed on the gadget info as well as the amount of protection it provides.

The type of damage it protects you againts is randomly chosen when the weapon is added to your inventory, just like "super part" bonuses are generated.

Types of damage:

• Piercing. From stingers and drills.
  • Explosive. From rockets and double rockets.
  • Projectile. From shotguns and miniguns.
  • Slashing. From chainsaw and blades.
  • Heat. From lasers.

How does the protection work?

The gadget provides an amount of protection represented as % which will decrease the damage input every time your machine is hit.

Let's say you have a 10% protection against explosive damage. Every rocket it hits you will only deal 90% of its total damage. Example: a rocket with 1000 DPS will deal you 900 DPS instead (yeah, this example is necessary). However, blades, shotguns, miniguns and any other weapon that is not rocket will not be affected by this protection and you'll still be rekt if you can't handle that.

Players can increase the protection from a shield/armor gadget by increasing its level, just like first aid kits increase the healing amount. Every level will add 0.5% (or maybe 1%) of protection to the base value.

Since they're gadget they can still have bonuses or be legendary.

How do I know if my opponent has a shield and my damage input is affected by it?

When you deal damage that your opponent is protected against, instead of a yellow spark you'll see blue sparks OR

The type of damage the opponent has shield for will show an icon below the HP bar OR

The icon for type of damage will be shown in the gadget itself.

What happens if I have two shield/armor gadgets?

You'll have more types of damage covered if the type of damage is different on both of them. But if both have the same type of protection, the highest value will be taken and the other one will be ignored, values will not stack.

Why do you think this gadget is necessary?

As you go through stages you start to realize how much players love rockets because of their simple functionality. At some point everything you encounter are ranged weapons maybe with some melee to pop lifters (mostly blades).

When you chose a shield/armor gadget you'll try to cover most of the damage the other players in your stage are dealing so if you see them going mad with rockets just put an anti-rocket shield/armor gadget and you'll do fine (maybe...).

When your opponents realise this they'll change their strategy or just increase (even more) their rockets power making the game a little "spicier".

What do you think? Too op? Too complex?

Thanks everyone for your attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Possibly to complicated, but the thought you have put behind this idea and the time you have spent in presenting it is worthey of a like in its own right, The actual idea is very good. You should post more often.

3 minutes ago, KittyKitty said:

But it looks cool

Just worried the KGB might steal it.

Screenshot_20180428-190431.jpg

I haven't got my hands on those parts, didn't know this existed but it looks too op.

My idea is way different than that, it doesn't make you immune, it makes you "less vulnerable".

1 hour ago, Furansco said:

I haven't got my hands on those parts, didn't know this existed but it looks too op.

My idea is way different than that, it doesn't make you immune, it makes you "less vulnerable".

I am still trying to figure out how to use it

On 4/29/2018 at 10:12 AM, KittyKitty said:

Use it on wild west coach with frost sprinkler. You will destroy everybody

On 6/12/2018 at 5:58 AM, TomCatPro said:

Use it on wild west coach with frost sprinkler. You will destroy everybody

But then you would have no offensive weapon so you would lose.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:12 PM, KittyKitty said:

I think the Coach can use the Death Ray and the Energy Shield - if you use both levitation wheels, the Coach runs too high direct fire and most melee weapon setups.  It would be a crazy OP setups that only a whale would have, but otherwise, I can't use my Energy Shield at all as the Snow Baller and Freeze Box are better defensive gadgets for my current use.

rre

On 6/16/2018 at 11:55 PM, TeamAlpha said:

I think the Coach can use the Death Ray and the Energy Shield - if you use both levitation wheels, the Coach runs too high direct fire and most melee weapon setups.  It would be a crazy OP setups that only a whale would have, but otherwise, I can't use my Energy Shield at all as the Snow Baller and Freeze Box are better defensive gadgets for my current use.

rre

Good luck with that.

First deathray while cool looking its seldom drops (so upgrading above lv1 is hard) and its short range only so mace and double blades are more powerful.  

Its a big idk if deathray weight will avoid car being bounced out of arena with repulse or iceblock (super common on whales).   

Simular problems with wild west coach builds.   Upgrades drops are so seldom you give up a lot of hp to use.