Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

What are balloons

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Hope you can help me. Ive been really enjoying this game. Today i started to encounter balloons on my car. They seem to really mess up my play and i cant see how they get on my car and how to stop the balloons from appearing. Any help is highly appriciated :)

The balloons are lifters. They are gadgets and you unlock them at prestige 4. The way to avoid them is by jumping over them or having a heavy vehicle. If you use a blade or shotgun it will also get rid of the balloon.

So as MEE said pretty well, balloons (lifters) are a gadget you can unlock at prestige 4. It shoots after a delay of a second and if it is placed correctly, it would latch onto your build and pull you entire machine upward. Balloons can be popped in two ways. One is that it wall automatically pop after 3 seconds if it isn't touched, and the other is that since it is a balloon, and balloons are fragile, it can be popped with certain weapons. Melee weapons (chainsaw, drill, stinger) work really well at popping the balloon because, if they are above where it lands, it will pop the balloon the quarter-second it makes contact. If the blade part of the Blade (not the stick it is attached to) hits a balloon, the balloon will pop). If the pellets of a shotgun hit the balloon, it will pop. If a missile from a rocket or double rocket hits the balloon, it will pop. It is difficult to make a balloon pop with shot of a minigun, but it still works sometimes. To my knowledge, a laser cannot pop a balloon. 

You can get a lifter (balloon) from any box starting prestige 4, or from gang boxes (the boxes you get after doing a gang fight with 3 other bots) at any prestige. If you are not prestige 4, that would be your best bet. Hope this helps :)