KevMc

Chat Seggregation

4 posts in this topic

Please create separate tab in chat or split window to seggregate chat from system notifications. This would help chat messages stay viewable longer and not get lost. Paste functionality as well as the ability to cursor back would also be extremely beneficial.

39 minutes ago, KevMc said:

Please create separate tab in chat or split window to seggregate chat from system notifications. This would help chat messages stay viewable longer and not get lost. Paste functionality as well as the ability to cursor back would also be extremely beneficial.

On iPad you can now paste into cats chat, you need to have your message somewhere else but then you can copy it. I have standard messages on a separate word dox that I can dip into for quick and easy responses.

Better still, don’t work with what does not work, get on Discord.

BEST thing our gang ever did, everything and more you can wish from CATS chat.

Alternatively if you have repeated material, tactics, gang rules, etc then try and get a webpage/website up and running. There are plenty out there that are free to use. Take a look at my one for our gang to give you an idea:

nonprestigers.simplesite.com

ZakAttack,

I understand that Discord is best, but many are not interested in a 3rd party chat client. A simple addition of chat segregation would solve 80% of this issue. Discord does have the advantage with almost being forum like and having separate channels, chat groupings etc. 

Regards,

Kev9815 (Gang Leader)

Yellow-Bots

I had similar problem getting people over. Many who where not convinced still joined and loved it. All but one of my gang are in Discord. He is called Chinese guy, he seems to follow our plays flawlessly. He does not speak English, or very little!, we do get 😃 or 🙂. We were a gang fights only gang, no interest in CK and I did not play UL ever. Whilst trying to recruit in wake of “trophy block” I hit forums and realised the future was CK. Had a long Term Plan in mind that has taken 2/3 months to happen. 

1) Recruitment of CK players. Emphasis on posts on forums and hit them every night. This leads to........

2) Website, plenty of free sites you can use, I’m no web designer but trial and error got what I think is a good website together. Used this as a “hook” to help with recruitment. Not many gangs have a website.

3) Generals, 24 hour nature of CK meant I needed more generals in the battlefield. This involved delegating power to others but the added responsibility these members got made them super focused. I am very lucky with my “Seniors” as I call them. They have all added to the gang.

4) Cats chat, as you quite rightly pointed out not good and could be massively improved (I’ve posted on here as well with ideas on how to improve it) Discord, with help of 2 of my Seniors in setting up, took us to the next level. 

5) CK Template, our bible, how we play, what we can refer to. And more importantly always evolving which leaves me to my last point.......

6) Keep Evolving, we always have some build, theory, tactic, project on the go. Finished a new gang logo yesterday. Have delegated our Facebook page to a non senior member,who is just all over it, to see if we can use this better as a gang and recruitment resource. Never stay still!

This is typed out 1st time so likely I’m coming across like a rambling madman. 

Hope something here proves if use.