Sign in to follow this  
Zasmo

Ultimate Machine Toolboxes

5 posts in this topic

I am posting here to talk about the Ultimate Machine toolboxes. They are an interesting way to boost your machine's health or damage by a % for a given period of time. I think this is a great idea to get an extra win out of the 20 battle series. However, in my case, I almost always get 18-20 wins. Almost every time I do not get the 20 wins, I am against an opponent with far superior stats to mine. Even if I were to apply a toolbox to give me greater damage/health I would not win. I would probably have to apply multiple toolboxes at the same time. But again, thats just for roughly 4 thousand more points a win.

So I find myself not applying the toolboxes at all, and instead just keep collecting them. I have somewhere near 50 toolboxes at this point, non of which I plan to use. They require ~25 purple tickets to use. I propose an idea to deal with these. See as it is now, the only way to reduce the clutter in my inventory is to use the toolboxes. Which then deplete my purple tickets that allow me to upgrade machine parts once I get enough. Why not create a feature that allows me to sell my tool boxes for purple tickets? That way I can sacrifice the temporary bonuses, for a longer term approach of saving my purple tickets for upgrades. As many of my parts are nearing higher levels which require 500+ purple tickets to upgrade. It doesnt make much sense that I would want to deplete my savings just to get rid of toolboxes that I dont use anyway. This also gives me more freedom to choose to save for part upgrades, or get bonuses to give me more parts at the end of the ultimate championship round.
Doesn't that make more sense?
Thanks

Edited by Zasmo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

An excellent suggestion .. and one that I support 100% 👍

I have also chosen not to use toolboxes .. and have also accumulated a significant number of them. A simple system of receiving 25 PC (purple cash) for a 10% toolbox, 50 PC for a 20% toolbox .. up to 100 PC for a 40% toolbox would be a fair reward for grinding through around 100 City Kings matches over a 3 month period!

This is such an excellent idea that there are two chances of it ever being implemented by the clowns 🤡 who run Zeptolab .. Buckley’s .. and none 🙁 Let’s hope I’m wrong about that 🤞

• Thanks 1

Just keep the boxes - they may get to be exchangeable in a future update.  I'm in the same boat - even using 4 toolboxes just gets 1 more opponent.  

I figure that the perhaps the UL could have prizes worth using the toolboxes or the mystery level could be worth competing for.  Otherwise, it's not worth spending on their use.

I regret using toolboxxes and upgrading useless parts (You run out of UL cash to merge parts at some point). Now my inventory is filled with toolboxxes that i don't want to use.

They should be either free to use or have the option to sell them (like u said)

I dont even care if you get only a little bit of cash for them (ofc good UL cash would be great).

Curious what @Chervey 's view is on this one !

In many respects, assuming league works more or less the same as every other part of this game, being bigger (toolbox buffed) does not mean success.

Instead, the bigger you become, you get matched with bigger rivals (or bots with buffed stats).  Its supposed to encourage you to want to build even bigger.

Not much of a game.  Everyone is supposed to loose.