DageLV

People who are in second place can still get on next stage.

16 posts in this topic

Hello! What if... If there is 15 people in stage, i earn second place, i could actually get the next stage? 12 minutes ago i lost, because i was second place.

YXoHC4vNQ-2_o1mPEKZXIA.png

Protams:)

First 6 places are promoted...and it's possible to get from 2nd place to 7th in last seconds...depending on medal count.

Edited by SeniorSSS

6 people were in 2nd place, im the only one who didnt get past. Its all or noone.

It seems to be random what position you get if you are tied with someone, maybe it is if you joined the league before or after those players? I am not sure how the gam places you if you are tied :( 

On 6/7/2018 at 12:37 PM, NotANewb said:

It seems to be random what position you get if you are tied with someone, maybe it is if you joined the league before or after those players? I am not sure how the gam places you if you are tied :( 

After playing CATS for over a year now, I still have no idea how players get ranked in a Championship when they have the same number of medals 🎖 

Does anyone know? Have Zeptolab ever provided any information on this? 

I doubt it’s entirely random .. because I invariably outrank other players with the same medal count. I had assumed that was because prestige level was a factor taken into account .. but that may well be irrelevant.

I actually got the impression the game would always show me as first of all who have the same medal count (and so for everyone else on their respective screen, of course).

xoxo

16 hours ago, Lilly said:

I actually got the impression the game would always show me as first of all who have the same medal count (and so for everyone else on their respective screen, of course).

xoxo

No .. you end up in various positions .. makes it more interesting I guess 😀

My current Championship is a classic .. I am ranked above the player who can beat me, but below the player I can beat! Perhaps it is entirely random ???

932A0C2D-932D-4BEB-930E-9F5839093B0F.png

Hmm. Seems like something that I kinda want to figure out. There are a lot of things that you can test. Anyone also willing to try to find out?

• Like 1

I think the more recent you received the medals, the higher your position. Let's say you have 7 medals in 6th place, and someone gets their seventh medal. I think they would probably take your spot and get promoted.

I can't believe what I am reading. It is really as simple as it is.:

- The more medals you win, the higher is your rank.

- If you win all but one medal, you will be first. If you win all the medals, you go to the next stage by instant promotion.

- A machine that you won previously upgraded and after the fight took away your medal. You go one rank lower.

- When a player gets instant promotion to the next stage, you loose one medal and you have to reclaim it from the new player that joins in.

30 minutes ago, Cooper said:

I can't believe what I am reading. It is really as simple as it is.:

- The more medals you win, the higher is your rank.

- If you win all but one medal, you will be first. If you win all the medals, you go to the next stage by instant promotion.

- A machine that you won previously upgraded and after the fight took away your medal. You go one rank lower.

- When a player gets instant promotion to the next stage, you loose one medal and you have to reclaim it from the new player that joins in.

Everyone knows that. Try and pay attention to what is written. They're talking about when you are tied with others in the championship medals and where the game places you in the ranking. You covered all but what is being discussed lol

• Haha 1

On 2018.06.5. at 11:12 PM, DageLV said:

Hello! What if... If there is 15 people in stage, i earn second place, i could actually get the next stage? 12 minutes ago i lost, because i was second place.

Hmm looks like I don't understand then what he is talking about or the picture he posted is not what this (on)topic is about. You earned second place? So what? Earned 3rd place? No problem. Everybody from 1th to 6th place gets promoted to the next stage. Why sometimes you don't even if you were 2th place half hour ago I explained above.

So you are talking about global leader board or what? Enlighten me please, I am really lost here. I do find that topic title a bit confusing B|

Edited by Cooper

On 2018.06.9. at 1:37 AM, Phil said:

No .. you end up in various positions .. makes it more interesting I guess 😀

My current Championship is a classic .. I am ranked above the player who can beat me, but below the player I can beat! Perhaps it is entirely random ???

Oh now I see you are talking about GRANPA PHIL's post not the OP's post.

Let's see... three players, same amount of medals but how they are ranked? Good question.

Judging by picture it is not ranked by the first name letter. I think who more recently wins the same amount of medals gets higher. It makes most sence. But we may look deeper into this as I may be wrong.

Edited by Cooper

When there are several people "tied" for the same medal count the last person to reach that medal count goes to top rank and everyone else moves down one. There are no ties for ranks.

In the original post you were knocked from 2nd to 7th place because you were the first to reach 9 medals and 5 other players reached it after you.

On 10/9/2018 at 7:12 AM, GothLaz said:

When there are several people "tied" for the same medal count the last person to reach that medal count goes to top rank and everyone else moves down one. There are no ties for ranks.

In the original post you were knocked from 2nd to 7th place because you were the first to reach 9 medals and 5 other players reached it after you.

Unfortunately that is NOT TRUE !

The last person to reach the same medal count DOES NOT NECESSARILY move ahead of all others on the same medal count.

I have just fought in the Championship .. result below :

The theory that your position on the Championship leaderboard is totally random (when you have the same medal count) has NOT been disproven .. and remains the most likely hypothesis to be true 😀

70BB1638-BBFF-447F-9D19-DB4A186950AF.png

I think there is another case that should be considered if two or more players have the same medal count.
All that you wrote above is about you make the medal count with only one machine.
You can make you medal counts with two or three machines too.

For Example we look on Phils post from June 9th - three players have medal count 10:
Maybe the player on pos 3 made 10 in row with only one machine - place 3
Maybe phil on pos 4 made 9 in row with machine 1 and one win with machine 2 - medal count is ten - place 4
Maybe the player on pos 5 made 8 in row with machine 1 and 2 wins with machine 2 - medal count is ten too - place 5

-> Nobody knows how much machines the other players have used for reaching their medal count -> because you only see the summary.
You only know for sure how you made your own personal medal counts ;)

Don't know what rules Zeptolap uses for medal counting. But maybe this case got some influence.

Greetz
caridinho