Sign in to follow this  
Lilly

Unsteady Flow of New Gang Members

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I couldn´t come up with a better title. My gang is min prestige 1. Usually when we have a couple of spare seats, after a few hours we are full again. However, it seems this is happening at once, like ... a few hours nothing, then suddenly 4 members join. Now we were at 22/25 members for more than 48 hours and I had to kick 4 more (after all, kicking is unfortunately the only "incentive" I have as a leader), so now we´re 18 members with no one new coming around. Which sucks, of course.

Why is that? Just trying to understand the logic behind this.

No, the gang isn´t set to private of course and I don´t wanna go to min p0 because CK.

xoxo, Lilly

23 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Hi,

I couldn´t come up with a better title. My gang is min prestige 1. Usually when we have a couple of spare seats, after a few hours we are full again. However, it seems this is happening at once, like ... a few hours nothing, then suddenly 4 members join. Now we were at 22/25 members for more than 48 hours and I had to kick 4 more (after all, kicking is unfortunately the only "incentive" I have as a leader), so now we´re 18 members with no one new coming around. Which sucks, of course.

Why is that? Just trying to understand the logic behind this.

No, the gang isn´t set to private of course and I don´t wanna go to min p0 because CK.

xoxo, Lilly

A couple of quick points on this .. an issue faced by most gang leaders!

1. The vast majority of players are P0 .. because there is massive churn in CATS (largely as a result of Zeptolab’s appalling management of the game, and its mistake-riddled implementation of new updates). There is NEVER any shortage of P0 players looking to jump into a gang!

2. If you wish to recruit at P1 and above .. there are other steps you can take to attract new members. Recruitment posts on this Forum are one way (which you have already done) .. but even more effective in my view are recruitment posts on CATS discord (or simply monitoring the “looking-for-gang” section on this discord). CATS discord attracts many more active players than this Forum .. and should prove to be a happy hunting ground for you, and your gang 😀

Thanks for your answers! I still don´t understand how this works .... several hours nothing then suddenly *PLOP* 4 new members? There must be a reason for this.

xoxo

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

Thanks for your answers! I still don´t understand how this works .... several hours nothing then suddenly *PLOP* 4 new members? There must be a reason for this.

xoxo

The only explanation I can think of relates to Zeptolab’s recommended gang feature.

I understand that when you’re looking for a gang, Zeptolab provides a small list of recommended gangs. Presumably, this list changes regularly, so that all gangs get a turn at being recommended to prospective gang members.

Is it possible that “spikes” in players joining your gang are related to your gang being on the recommended gang list?

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

Is it possible that “spikes” in players joining your gang are related to your gang being on the recommended gang list?

idk cause i don´t see the recommended gang list and i can´t leave the gang to have a look because i´m the leader. i thought this gang list was individual for each player (localization etc.)