Sign in to follow this  
po_teletubbie

CATS Hidden Image

19 posts in this topic

Wll I've seen this image recently if you browse to the game files you've see a image that doesn't make sense and isn't in the game the filename is sharing.png (image showed below)

APKEDITOR.xcrhfvke.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Amnvex said:

Hmm... maybe they're doing a 3D update or something? A move to another engine?

well that's the mystery i discovered in the game files if this image isn't in the game the developers just added the image for the official artwork of CATS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, po_teletubbie said:

well that's the mystery i discovered in the game files if this image isn't in the game the developers just added the image for the official artwork of CATS

I see. I don't know. There's no reason to put it with cats unless they're doing something with it. No developer just drops files in there without some future planning.

23 hours ago, NotANewb said:

No, that image is already known. It was the server image for the CATS discord server 

Yeah, but why is it with the game files then? Are they going to integrate it (discord) into cats? I don't think so personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How come one image is such a big deal? They probably just saved the image because they use it every now and then. Just because and image is in the game files doesn't mean that CATS is suddenly going to be turned 3D or the intake chat system is going to use discord as it's engine. In my opinion, it's just artwork that the devs saved for future use, nothing revolutionising or anything. Wonder what all the the speculation is about 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NotANewb said:

How come one image is such a big deal? They probably just saved the image because they use it every now and then. Just because and image is in the game files doesn't mean that CATS is suddenly going to be turned 3D or the intake chat system is going to use discord as it's engine. In my opinion, it's just artwork that the devs saved for future use, nothing revolutionising or anything. Wonder what all the the speculation is about 🤔

Because game assets that aren't part of the game usually need not be included as it bulks up the download and space of the device. There are games that have extra files in them, but this is because they never made it into the game or were ripped out from the final product and the devs said "whatever".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys calm down if this artwork isn't in the game the arwork used it's a part of the game assets and the devs didn't show the artwork in the game 

 

the Artwork is a useful image for the game assets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/08/2018 at 8:05 PM, Amnvex said:

Hmm... maybe they're doing a 3D update or something? A move to another engine?

The devs isn’t doing a 3d update they used this image for development of the game i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GhostMan said:

The devs isn’t doing a 3d update they used this image for development of the game i think

I've been playing this game on and off since beta and I've never seen the image used anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 1:06 AM, po_teletubbie said:

Wll I've seen this image recently if you browse to the game files you've see a image that doesn't make sense and isn't in the game the filename is sharing.png (image showed below)

APKEDITOR.xcrhfvke.png

This image was used by the “Share Gif” button. Some time ago the button was broken and you have this image instead of the gif when you click on the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TomCatPro said:

This image was used by the “Share Gif” button. Some time ago the button was broken and you have this image instead of the gif when you click on the link.

but why is in with the game files then, the devs is doing somethinhg else with these arts, however the devs added this file for a future development and contributing the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GhostMan said:

but why is in with the game files then, the devs is doing somethinhg else with these arts, however the devs added this file for a future development and contributing the game

The game contents are in the game files. The image has no relationship to future updates, because the images was added into the game since the beginning(?). Also if you believe game images don’t belong in game files and devs are adding game art for future development, well ...

 

Click on the link below and you’ll have an idea what the image is for.

Check out this awesome game I’m playing: https://mgcl.co/cats?_m=OvgHd9pDT5





Sent from my iPhone

Edited by TomCatPro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomCatPro said:

The game contents are in the game files. The image has no relationship to future updates, because the images was added into the game since the beginning(?). Also if you believe game images don’t belong in game files and devs are adding game art for future development, well ...

 

Click on the link below and you’ll have an idea what the image is for.

Check out this awesome game I’m playing: https://mgcl.co/cats?_m=OvgHd9pDT5





Sent from my iPhone

now the image is now discovered, thanks

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/08/2018 at 4:32 PM, TomCatPro said:

The game contents are in the game files. The image has no relationship to future updates, because the images was added into the game since the beginning(?). Also if you believe game images don’t belong in game files and devs are adding game art for future development, well ...

 

Click on the link below and you’ll have an idea what the image is for.

Check out this awesome game I’m playing: https://mgcl.co/cats?_m=OvgHd9pDT5





Sent from my iPhone

One more thing all mobile games has a assets folder, all they adds media files and other files for in-game music, sound effects etc. all games uses engine to make and contribute games which the developers made a hard work to make games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/08/2018 at 2:06 AM, po_teletubbie said:

Wll I've seen this image recently if you browse to the game files you've see a image that doesn't make sense and isn't in the game the filename is sharing.png (image showed below)

APKEDITOR.xcrhfvke.png

this wasn't used in the GIF Sharing option sometimes when you click on the link this image appears instead of the GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this