Sign in to follow this  
Renata_Inlingo

Looking for online playtesters

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I work at a video game localization studio and we are looking for a group of playtesters to test a new racing game.

We need American players between 20 and 35 years who really like racing games such as "CATS: Crash Arena Turbo Stars". Experience on playtesting will be appreciated but it's not essential.

You'd need to play a new game in this genre at your iOS device and then fill out a short survey form.

It is a 1-hour job.

If somebody would like to take part in it or could recommend some of your friends please send me a message at rs@inlingogames.com.

Look forward to hearing from you!

I was wondering if you guys would also seek permission to test CATS .. this game is full of bugs 🐛 ... and desperately needs someone who understands game development and quality control to assist Zeptolab 😂😂😂

PS It would be way more than a one hour job to document all the bugs in CATS .. but I enjoy huge challenges 😂

Edited by Phil

On 9/12/2018 at 6:49 AM, Phil said:

I was wondering if you guys would also seek permission to test CATS .. this game is full of bugs 🐛 ... and desperately needs someone who understands game development and quality control to assist Zeptolab 😂😂😂

PS It would be way more than a one hour job to document all the bugs in CATS .. but I enjoy huge challenges 😂

I wonder what engine C.A.T.S. actually uses. If you know that it’ll be way easier to find all the bugs.

40 minutes ago, TomCatPro said:

I wonder what engine C.A.T.S. actually uses. If you know that it’ll be way easier to find all the bugs.

I suspect Zeptolab could easily fix most of these bugs .. but it’s a low priority task because the bugs work in their favour.

They are VERY QUICK to fix bugs that cost them money 💰😂

The most famous bug of all occurred in the Halloween event last year 🎃 

Your quick fight win streak was supposed to start at zero for the Halloween event. But in a massive testing fail, your existing win streak was carried over into the Halloween event ! Players with huge win streaks won all the event prizes within 10 minutes of starting the 30 day competition 😂

It was such a crucial factor to check that I cannot believe that this wasn’t thoroughly tested. It demonstrated then .. and still does .. just how poor Zeptolab’s quality control is ❌

In any event, this bug was fixed SUPER QUICKLY 😀

Sadly I started with a very small win streak .. so I was not a beneficiary of this spectacular testing fail 🙁

However, I did complete the event without spending a single gem .. and earned 1,520 gems plus numerous boxes and toolboxes as prizes 😀

The moral of this story is .. regardless of the engine CATS uses, quality control is largely a matter of corporate culture. And Zeptolab has demonstrated time after time that they have a very poor corporate culture when it comes to quality control (and other key factors such as player communication and running fair competitions).

I sincerely hope this changes .. but first, Zeptolab have to want it to change.