SteveP

KOTC

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I'd like to suggest a couple of ideas for KOTC to keep track of what happens. It would be useful to know who taps "ready" (before it starts) and enlisted (when it starts) for the war and who is online. To know who taps ready there could be a message in chat like "JD is ready for the war"; to know who is enlisted there could be a sign in the gang list like a small sword; to know who is online, there could be a green dot near his name in the gang list.

The biggest issue is that the gang plans to start the war at a certain time, but we suddenly find in war without knowing who has enlisted. And that's a problem because we cannot kick everyone.

I think these simple features could ease understanding who is active and who plays following the gang rules.

To attract zeptolabs interest you must do more than that.

Add something that costs players money and they will happely add that new future.

Like you need to pay 10 gems to see who is online. Or pay 10 more gems to see who has enlisted. 

Edited by GreedyCat

18 hours ago, SteveP said:

Hello guys,

I'd like to suggest a couple of ideas for KOTC to keep track of what happens. It would be useful to know who taps "ready" (before it starts) and enlisted (when it starts) for the war and who is online. To know who taps ready there could be a message in chat like "JD is ready for the war"; to know who is enlisted there could be a sign in the gang list like a small sword; to know who is online, there could be a green dot near his name in the gang list.

The biggest issue is that the gang plans to start the war at a certain time, but we suddenly find in war without knowing who has enlisted. And that's a problem because we cannot kick everyone.

I think these simple features could ease understanding who is active and who plays following the gang rules.

Nice thought .. but the reality of City Kings match ups is very different from your understanding !

Your gang cannot control the start of a CK match simply by instructing your players not to join.

After a certain time period, you will be matched to an opponent ready or not !

In my own gang’s case, we have been immediately matched after our previous battle ended .. with only two of our players online 😡

So don’t worry about kicking players .. just rally the troops .. and fight ! 😀

A far more important issue in CK is keeping track of player participation in each battle ! A simple traffic light 🚦 system (besides each player’s name in the gang list) would be very helpful : 

1. Three dots (one for each car)

2. Green means defending ✅

3. Orange means healing

4. Red means not played ❎

Some caution is required here .. because players who are online and holding cars to cover enemy attacks are also playing a valuable role. But, in general, 3 red dots against a player is a call to action if it becomes a consistent and persistent pattern !

This is a simple system that would help gang leaders enormously to identify active and not-so-active CK players in their gangs 😀

• Like 2

I don't think the battle could start when the game wants, else if why we would need to enter? But I'm starting to think that also if just one player of the gang sets "ready", the battle could starts. But it's not  fair and damages the game!

How can I directly ask devs how it works?

It has changed over time.  When City Kings first started, it did not matter if 5 people clicked "join".  There was some debate over whether match making was triggered by 5 (or fewer) players being online, checking the city kings screen, or actually clicking "join" unbeknownst to gang leaders.  Also the counter was bugged/backwards. It would start with "1 player needed" and count upwards.

By about 6 months ago, things changed.  It was absolutely required for 5 players to click "join" for match making to begin.  My gang and other top gangs manipulated our start time many times to avoid facing the same 2 or 3 teams over and over again.  Match making has improved so we no longer do this, but as far as I know, it is still required for 5 people to click "join".

I think the features you are suggesting would be a nice addition to the game.  I also would like to see a log of who uses our replaces, as has come up once or twice.  Perhaps a "verbose" mode to the logs could give information like this.