Sign in to follow this  
AgentFiftyOne

Cats has become a rip-off

10 posts in this topic

So we all know cats has been going downhill due to pay to win micro transactions taking priority but their latest offer broke the camels back for me. So the hot wheels update brought some nice ultimate parts for us to unlock and as a fan of hot wheels since I was 5 I was super excited to unlock these parts but the engine is only obtained through a random drop from a box that costs roughly $10 bucks per unlock. I thought I could drop a $100 and spam the box. What I didn’t realize is you only get 10 chances and if you don’t get it you are SOL. The 10 chances don’t even refresh come the next day at least it hasn’t for me. After I spend my gems I’m done with this game! Locking a collectible item behind a chance drop with a chance of never getting it is bs. I’m going to get my $100 worth out of this game and dropping it completely! Share your outrage if you think this HW promotion is bs!

8 hours ago, AgentFiftyOne said:

So we all know cats has been going downhill due to pay to win micro transactions taking priority but their latest offer broke the camels back for me. So the hot wheels update brought some nice ultimate parts for us to unlock and as a fan of hot wheels since I was 5 I was super excited to unlock these parts but the engine is only obtained through a random drop from a box that costs roughly $10 bucks per unlock. I thought I could drop a $100 and spam the box. What I didn’t realize is you only get 10 chances and if you don’t get it you are SOL. The 10 chances don’t even refresh come the next day at least it hasn’t for me. After I spend my gems I’m done with this game! Locking a collectible item behind a chance drop with a chance of never getting it is bs. I’m going to get my $100 worth out of this game and dropping it completely! Share your outrage if you think this HW promotion is bs!

Don’t gamble next time. I didn’t buy any because we will get it sooner or later. Sorry you feel that way and good luck.

You can get engine from All Stars Event first 29 places. It is supposed to be rare. I feel your pain. Wiser move from you if you were spending $100 anyway was to buy 10 battery packs and fight your place below 30th - that would give you granted engine part... And no, it's not becoming a rip-off, maybe for some money spenders but not the rest of us.

Edited by GreedyCat

3 hours ago, GreedyCat said:

You can get engine from All Stars Event first 29 places. It is supposed to be rare. I feel your pain. Wiser move from you if you were spending $100 anyway was to buy 10 battery packs and fight your place below 30th - that would give you granted engine part... And no, it's not becoming a rip-off, maybe for some money spenders but not the rest of us.

It doesn’t show as a achievable item all i see are the two wheels a mystery box and the ultimate cash but no engine

Never mind I scrolled up and saw it took your advice now I’m in 4th place. Even then there is a good chance I will drop below 30. I just hope nobody logs on for another 10hrs. Still feel like it should be easier to get like with the rest of the parts. This is the twinmill we’re talking about. A twin mill without it’s twin mills is just an average sports car hardly worth the title of Hotwheels! All I’m saying is if you partner up with a titan of collectible merchandise you should make sure it’s %100 achievable though grinding or pay and not leave anything to chance such as loot crates or risk losing a tournament.

no doubt that CATS is a rip-off, so you're in the fury road getting reward so wasn't that you're in HotWheels all-stars event, you might be wasting your batteries won't you?

Edited by GhostMan

2 hours ago, AgentFiftyOne said:

Never mind I scrolled up and saw it took your advice now I’m in 4th place. Even then there is a good chance I will drop below 30. I just hope nobody logs on for another 10hrs. Still feel like it should be easier to get like with the rest of the parts. This is the twinmill we’re talking about. A twin mill without it’s twin mills is just an average sports car hardly worth the title of Hotwheels! All I’m saying is if you partner up with a titan of collectible merchandise you should make sure it’s %100 achievable though grinding or pay and not leave anything to chance such as loot crates or risk losing a tournament.

It’s worth distinguishing between the Hot Wheels event and Zeptolab offers.

This Hot Wheels event has been excellent 👍 Furry Road offers an easily achievable set of rewards .. with no need to spend any gems. And All-Stars events typically provide a gem-free opportunity to finish in the top 69 at least .. and the top 29 if you actively participate.

Zeptolab offers, on the other hand, have always been a massive rip-off .. from day 1 😡

My advice is very simple .. NEVER EVER BUY A ZEPTOLAB OFFER .. the only exceptions being gems and 2x UL parts or fans offers !

My 18 month anniversary of playing CATS is tomorrow. In that time, I have not spent one cent on this game. To do so is utterly pointless .. and a waste of money. The game changes direction so much that any money spent is ultimately wasted. Much smarter to progress at your own pace (I’m a Prestige 39 player) .. and watch the big spending players drop out of the game one by one 😀

By the way .. the twin mill engine (while I appreciate it completes the set) is unlikely to be part of the best twin mill build anyway. It’s just a glorified booster .. and the gadget slot on the twin mill could be much better used for a harpoon (if using melee weapons) .. or back pedal/frost sprinkler (if using range weapons). Either way .. no harm done waiting for the twin mill engine to become available in future All Star or Hot Wheels events.