Sign in to follow this  
MunichFreak

How does machine placement in City Kings work?

9 posts in this topic

I am wondering how the placement of machines is working in city kings. 
How is determined where a machinge will stand after attacking?
How will all the others be moved around if one of them is defeated?

Will the new defender always be in the front? always in the rear? Is it dependant on whom they destroyed to get into the building?
Is there any research on this?

You can think of the opponent's grid like this:

1  4  7  10
2  5  8  11
3  6  9  12

This is the order they filled the territory.  In other words, square 1 would be the first car the entered, and in this example square 12 would be the most recent to enter.  When you remove an opponent, they shift up in columns and then left in rows.  Essentially they maintain their order of entry.

You can use this to your advantage when attacking.  If an opponent recently took a square, then the highest numbered square would be the most likely to still be damaged from their fight to get in.  This is most often the ideal choice of opponents. However, if the opponent has held positions in that territory for a while, attacking square 1 may be ideal since that player has been there the longest and is therefore the least likely to still be online.  And if you attack square 1, it's easy to have someone follow you to finish them off, as the opponent in square 1 will remain in square 1 until he's dead or replaced.

Note that the order of your own gang's cars in your defense grid is NOT what your opponent sees in their attack grid.  That throws a lot of people off.

• Like 2

Thanks. I was hoping for a bit more challenging system but at least we can do a bit more tactics with this information :)

I think the people not being online is not a big issue... Even if they were online - repairing is way too expensive ;) and free repairs are limited

I made a diagram a while back, to keep it square in my head.   Just updated this to make it "pretty".    If this is incorrect, please feel free to correct.....but basically conforms to what Fezzik describes above

Attack-Defense_Grid.png

Edited by GreatSailor
incorrect credit
  • Sad 1

Then i get this......which makes me question the mechanics.     After attack placement.....into slot #5 & 6 on defense?     I used the same set of battles, as pictured above....

IMG_1517[1].PNG

@GreatSailor that's wrong.  As I said in my closing paragraph above:

Note that the order of your own gang's cars in your defense grid is NOT what your opponent sees in their attack grid.  That throws a lot of people off.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that bots can mess with the order.  But once the territory is full of only real players, the behavior is like I described.

We have now the case that this seems untrue...

While being spied we have had this setting:
Screenshot_20181205-232310.jpg

and then after a while the opponent took another of our cars... see where he landed:
Screenshot_20181205-234259.jpg

So it seems there is a bit more involved

• Thanks 1