Sign in to follow this  
lukinu

Ultimate Toolboxes state and how to fix it

2 posts in this topic

If you play C.A.T.S and care about ultimate machines, you should know how akward Ultimate Toolboxes are. I make this topic to solve point out the issues, suggest solutions and discuss about them.
But first, let's point out how they work and why it's a problem :

• Ultimated toolbox are obtained from City Kings.
  • They only work on Ultimate League and All Stars (not City Kings).
  • They increase damage/health of a part by 10-40% during 12-24h depending on the box.
  • Multiple toolbox can't stack and will only refresh duration.
  • They cost 11 to hundreds of purple tickets depending on the rarity of both toolbox and part you use.

Following these informations, Ultimate toolboxs are a temporary buff up to +40% of any part stats that cost purple tickets which is a valuable resource for long term upgrade on your parts.
This means you slowing your long term upgrade for temporary buff which could seems good BUT the buff don't apply to City Kings, which is the main place you upgrade your  Ultimate Machines for....
So basically, Ultimate Toolboxes are not worth using until you reach max level on all the parts you use and end up stacking as maxing a part is insanely long.

To solve this, my idea is to make Ultimate Toolboxes a bit more progression friendly, the idea is to make these toolbox act as a universal part to fill the part of your choice;
So let's imagine you have a wheel you want to upgrade that require 3 duplicates to ugrade but only have 1/3, you could use 2 Ultimate Toolboxes to act as duplicate, reach 3/3 and upgrade it.
Of course, this would make the progression a lot faster so it need some balance, in my mind the would act like this :

• Ultimate Toolboxes are separated by rarity and a part need the matching toolbox rarity be upgarded.
  • Ultimate Toolboxes are separated by part type (chassis, weapon, wheel, gadget) and a part need the matching toolbox type to be upgraded.
  • Ultimate Toolboxes cost purple ticket depending the rarity, and current part level.
  • Ultimate Toolboxes can be sold for purple tickets. The cost depend on their rarity.

With those changes, I think people would have more incentive to play City Kings while making the RNG less frustrating as you could upgrade the parts you want with toolboxes without making the rare ones too easy to upgrade because of the rarity system. This also make the event parts P2W less a thing because owning one is enough to level it up at max level if you take time to farm for Ultimate Toolboxes and purple tickets.

In case the guaranteed Ultimate Toolbox on City King win is a problem for balanced, reducing their drop chance from 100% to something lower and fill the rest with purple tickets would be a good solution but I think the rarity + part type is enough as it leave you with 20 possible differents drop which can be ajusted in a way you get the "bad ones" drop more often, like making standard wheel Toolboxes a lot more common than oustanding chassis/weapon toolbox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lukinu said:

If you play C.A.T.S and care about ultimate machines, you should know how akward Ultimate Toolboxes are. I make this topic to solve point out the issues, suggest solutions and discuss about them.
But first, let's point out how they work and why it's a problem :

• Ultimated toolbox are obtained from City Kings.
  • They only work on Ultimate League and All Stars (not City Kings).
  • They increase damage/health of a part by 10-40% during 12-24h depending on the box.
  • Multiple toolbox can't stack and will only refresh duration.
  • They cost 11 to hundreds of purple tickets depending on the rarity of both toolbox and part you use.

Following these informations, Ultimate toolboxs are a temporary buff up to +40% of any part stats that cost purple tickets which is a valuable resource for long term upgrade on your parts.
This means you slowing your long term upgrade for temporary buff which could seems good BUT the buff don't apply to City Kings, which is the main place you upgrade your  Ultimate Machines for....
So basically, Ultimate Toolboxes are not worth using until you reach max level on all the parts you use and end up stacking as maxing a part is insanely long.

To solve this, my idea is to make Ultimate Toolboxes a bit more progression friendly, the idea is to make these toolbox act as a universal part to fill the part of your choice;
So let's imagine you have a wheel you want to upgrade that require 3 duplicates to ugrade but only have 1/3, you could use 2 Ultimate Toolboxes to act as duplicate, reach 3/3 and upgrade it.
Of course, this would make the progression a lot faster so it need some balance, in my mind the would act like this :

• Ultimate Toolboxes are separated by rarity and a part need the matching toolbox rarity be upgarded.
  • Ultimate Toolboxes are separated by part type (chassis, weapon, wheel, gadget) and a part need the matching toolbox type to be upgraded.
  • Ultimate Toolboxes cost purple ticket depending the rarity, and current part level.
  • Ultimate Toolboxes can be sold for purple tickets. The cost depend on their rarity.

With those changes, I think people would have more incentive to play City Kings while making the RNG less frustrating as you could upgrade the parts you want with toolboxes without making the rare ones too easy to upgrade because of the rarity system. This also make the event parts P2W less a thing because owning one is enough to level it up at max level if you take time to farm for Ultimate Toolboxes and purple tickets.

In case the guaranteed Ultimate Toolbox on City King win is a problem for balanced, reducing their drop chance from 100% to something lower and fill the rest with purple tickets would be a good solution but I think the rarity + part type is enough as it leave you with 20 possible differents drop which can be ajusted in a way you get the "bad ones" drop more often, like making standard wheel Toolboxes a lot more common than oustanding chassis/weapon toolbox.

Hello,

Great post (: !! Appreciate your insight. Only players who care about advancement thinks this way.

Lets review/fix a couple of things:

- Toolboxes do stack (up to 120%)

- Toolboxes do cost differently according to the parts rarity, starting at 123 up to 780 or more.

The Toolboxes were introduced based on players needs and demands, players wanted an edge to compete in Ultimate Leagje and getting as close as possible to 20/20 wins. Then the Toolboxes became useful in the All Stars mode, and still are a big part of it.

They will not become a replacement for ‘parts’ that would defeat the purpose. But having them become sellable in the future is definitely a great option that may happen in the future.

This is for your information and happy gaming. 👊