Sign in to follow this  
MunichFreak

The ultimate reward problem

5 posts in this topic

I've been playing CATS for a while now and I think there is a serious problem with the rewards the game hands out.

I really liked how the Ultimate Parts were distributed with the PINS in the HotWheel-Event but every other aspect in the game seems pretty much:

Be strongt to get stronger. 
While this might be okay at some point there is a huge discrepancy between the rewards of "young" accounts and the rewards of the "old accounts" and it does not matter how active you are - there won't be a chance that you will beat the people above your level. 
Sure you can try to keep up but you will only be able to overtake those who became inactive.

With all the Events like All Stars the stong guys just become stronger while the others can only claim a fragment of the parts that others can reach...

And even worse: There are Bot-Accounts mixed into the real players so you don't really can trust the game to cheat even more on you to get you to pay for boxes...

We have a really insane guy in our guild who spent a lot of real money into the game only to find that his opponents grow along with him... coincidence? probably not...

What this game really needs is a greater factor of "be active to win". If activity does not equalize overpowered machines in the All Stars or League then it feels something is broken to me - or at least it is not designed towards a free2play model. 
But since you do not get the same opponents with better machines it is even not a pay2win model... 

So why should people pay if it does not change their chances to win? The only chance those people will get is being able to join a top 50 gang to grab even more rewards... 
But honestly you should not be forced to play with the people who pay the most but you should play with people you like to play with for the sake of it being a game...

so please, dear support - raise the rewards for those events where a single players activity counts (championship (or however it is called in english), league) and lower the other rewards (city kings, allstars) but don't betray us with us having to fight bot accounts with adjusted strength...

Sadly, in this type of F2P game, only a really small part of the player base pay and this small part pay a lot and represent most of the income the game make.
This mean giving more incentive for them to pay, in this case, grow your opponents strength with yours so you spend more money on boxes and release a lot of time limited offers, is necessary to keep these player and get money for the game to live.

A lot of F2P games are in a very delicate position where they want to make a game fun to play but also need to make money so they must do some stuff that encourage players to pay at the cost of a not so fun game for non-paying players.

12 minutes ago, lukinu said:

Sadly, in this type of F2P game, only a really small part of the player base pay and this small part pay a lot and represent most of the income the game make.
This mean giving more incentive for them to pay, in this case, grow your opponents strength with yours so you spend more money on boxes and release a lot of time limited offers, is necessary to keep these player and get money for the game to live.

A lot of F2P games are in a very delicate position where they want to make a game fun to play but also need to make money so they must do some stuff that encourage players to pay at the cost of a not so fun game for non-paying players.

what is F2P? give me more details about F2P

2 hours ago, GhostMan said:

what is F2P? give me more details about F2P

"F2P" is an acronym for "Free to Play", basically a game that you don't need to buy in order to play, but that generally have some ingame transactions like gems in C.A.T.S that cost real money.

10 hours ago, lukinu said:

honestly I was shocked that watching an add would only give me a 30 min discount when opening boxes... I nevertheless "watch" the adds to the daily limit but I don't think that it's really worth it...

The game should earn enough by adds alone to maintain the running costs..