Sign in to follow this  
Hartlus

Waiting for Warriors: 5/5 Members Needed

7 posts in this topic

What is the purpose of waiting for 5 warriors to start City Kings?

Whatever the reason, 5 is too many. How long is the expected time to gather 5 players? By the time our 5th player enlists, the other 4 have gone to sleep or started doing something else. I would like for this part of the game to go away or change. It has never done anything good for our gang.

1 hour ago, Hartlus said:

What is the purpose of waiting for 5 warriors to start City Kings?

Whatever the reason, 5 is too many. How long is the expected time to gather 5 players? By the time our 5th player enlists, the other 4 have gone to sleep or started doing something else. I would like for this part of the game to go away or change. It has never done anything good for our gang.

5 Members out of 25 is minimal and maintainable. In all cases, the matchmaking works both way, here are the examples:

1- Your team is hungry for a fight, 5/5 is quick and it searches for an opponent.
2- Another team is hungry for a fight and 5/5 quick and searches for you.

So if you don't 5/5 quick, might take longer but you may get "An opponent declared war on YOU" message and get matched.

It'll get better when your gang is stronger and you have active members, good luck bud.

We are ranked 938 in City Kings. We are in the top 10% at least. 60% of our gang is active for 90% of stages. The rest are active for at least 50% of stages. How much stronger and more active do we have to be to benefit from this?

I'm trying to understand what purpose it serves. So far I see nothing. If we stall at 4/5 it's not like it drops to 3/5. It just stays there.

I'm saying that this feature backfires. Instead of starting a stage with 5 players on each team ready to fight, we often wind up starting with only one or two players ready to fight. The same can be said of the opposing team. Sometimes it's an hour before we see the first person attack. It's not good to get players psyched up and ready and then let them down. You don't want to do that in any game.

This is a 24 hour long campaign and we have members all over the globe. A strong start is nice, but it's not really necessary. It's not like you can maintain the same start time everyday anyway.

I'm trying to understand what purpose it serves. What would be different if it went away? What's the bad thing that happens? I guess it would be annoying if that one guy in Slovakia was always starting the stage by himself, but matchmaking still takes time and the next start time is always later.

I don't think we've ever had an opponent declare war on us without having 5 members. That only happens when matchmaking takes a long time and I've left the City Kings screen.

Not trying to be obnoxious; just trying to understand who/what it serves. Could you give an example of something bad that happens if we don't have the 5/5 requirement?

You’re not being obnoxious at all (: it’s a good question.

So imagine there’s no 5/5 requirement, how would the system know your gang is ‘looking’ for war? Or with 3/5 how it know you’re ‘trying’ to start looking for war. 

What you’re suggesting will cause chaos and there will be no structure, as far as match making in the early 9 districts when it’s quick and instant.

Here’s an example, my old team wanted to fights to start closer to 5 PM PST, so no one clicked 5/5 until it’s closer to that time, which started suiting everyone. So the wait was beneficial.

Your team rank 900+ is good, but when you have a team in top 100, things like this will matter, the start time of your wars, the end time and everything else that follows. (most team finish the war in under 18 hours, instant) it’s rare to be a full 24 hours unless equal strength and point distribution.

I suggest you join the discord serve and work on having active members, https://discord.me/CrashArenaTurboStars

Good luck, 

Okay, so maybe it matters for the top 100 teams, i.e. the minority. But it's bad for everyone else. Let's think of a solution for those that aren't in the top 100 (which only represents about 1% of all the gangs). Maybe the top 100 need to be in their own tier with their own game mechanics while the rest of us have something more relaxed that allows ease of play.

I have nothing against gangs that use Discord, but I think it's a weakness in game design if you require outside services to make the game playable or competitive. If Discord is meant to be a part of the game then it should be presented as such. There should be a Discord link right in the app. Until then, I am resisting taking the gang to Discord.

To answer your questions - The moment someone enlists, we are looking for war. At least one of us is. Who cares if only one of us starts it? We get notifications throughout the stage, and you can always call the gang when you need help. People show up or they don't. Matchmaking has never set us up with a gang that came in and won by Instant Victory. There was a time when we thought that we might be able to win by Instant Victory, but by the time we got our participation rate up the cities got larger (more parking spots to fill).

I think the game developers need to have a look at how it's affecting 99% of the gangs out there. There must be a solution that won't cause panic and world wide chaos. Maybe the gang leader should be able to set how many warriors are required to start a war. Or maybe the number of warriors to start should increase with gang rank. So a team in 10,000th place only needs 2/2, and 1,000th place needs 3/3, etc.

Hi,

got a question to the matchmaking system, too:
Before starting the next CK-round our gang is always gathering together till we are enough to start - and then we PUSH TOGETHER. This is how we do daily and if we push, then we write "I'm an 1/5 oder 2/5" for example.

But unfortunately this works not 100 %. Because sometimes a CK-round has finished (and certainly no member pushed the "join fight" button, that's sure) and in the next moment we have already the next CK-opponent. How is that possible?

Edited by caridinho

15 minutes ago, caridinho said:

Hi,

got a question to the matchmaking system, too:
Before starting the next CK-round our gang is always gathering together till we are enough to start - and then we PUSH TOGETHER. This is how we do daily and if we push, then we write "I'm an 1/5 oder 2/5" for example.

But unfortunately this works not 100 %. Because sometimes a CK-round has finished (and certainly no member pushed the "join fight" button, that's sure) and in the next moment we have already the next CK-opponent. How is that possible?

Hello, this means another gang has been waiting and was matched with you (it’s a gang who declared war on your team) also part of the match making. So it’s not always 5/5 if your range of power is available, they’ll declare on you and find ‘your gang’ first.  Hope this helps.