Sign in to follow this  
GreatSailor

Generally, burnt-out......

8 posts in this topic

I'm just trying to gauge my current feelings of the game....

Don't currently understand the drive for City Kings at the moment.    Our gang is likely not going to make top-100 payouts, but the current district awards will be nice.    Generally speaking, performance in this mode is driven by the Ultimate Championships.....which I believe are broken at the moment.   

Before the last update, I was consistently getting full points 42000 for each ticket in Gold League (except when I wasn't paying attention to my opponents).    Now, I can very rarely do better than 15600, because the level 15 opponent is usually "over-the-top" strong.

The only way to reliably farm ultimate parts anymore is through Normal Prestige.....which is terribly difficult past stage 20.

Am I completely off-base here, or is anyone else sharing these opinions?   Sorry for the vent.....

• Confused 1

It's frustrating trying to level up Ultimate Machines to the point that they are competitive in City Kings. I can only get to level 7-10 per ticket in Gold League. I have to get as many tickets as possible and play constantly to stand a chance of winning any parts. It's ridiculous.

It seems the only reasonable way to level up a machine is to wait for special events like the Cat-nival which gave something like 6 of the same body for placing. But that was a huge pain in the butt too. I almost dread special events because it's an entire week of my time that I have to dedicate, and there's still no guarantee that I'll place.

They really need to loosen up on the prize structure in Ultimate League. You can earn a lot of tickets, and play as much as possible, but still wind up getting 0 parts for all of your effort. I feel that if you play as much as possible at your level, you should be entitled to at least one part.

The burn-out is real.

• Confused 1

I've also noticed less free Gold Tickets to run Ultimate Leagues.    For the first time -ever- I just started Gold League with just 1 ticket.     Normally over the 24-hour break, I have a full 5, and usually burn one by accident.

and by the way, just got knocked-out on opponent #7 because I got locked in a odd position by Jaws & a bad physics bounce.    If I get demoted to Silver league, i think I'm done.    This isn't fun anymore.

Edited by GreatSailor
added info.....

I'm intentionally going to get demoted so that I can win parts again. Although, I don't know if it's really any easier to win parts in Silver League than Gold.

It's been so long since I've been in Silver League, I have no idea.    May have to ask some of my guys.

It is way easy to place after dropping down to Silver League. I can probably place in the top 12 with less than 5 tickets.

I'm just going to stay in Gold.   I'm consistently getting the 4-box rewards again.   Had to tweak a couple of my builds, and really pay attention to opponents....    the Meta changed a bit with all of the new parts.