Furansco

Paw Points spending, skill ideas

10 posts in this topic

So... I've seen a lot of talking about Paw Points being useless for players above prestige 12. But I've seen very little (none actually) suggestions on skills that could be added and that could fit the actual "meta" of CATS.

Here's a small list of ideas:

• Slippery Chasis. Enemy lifters will lift your machine 10% slower.
    • I'll be honest, I abuse a lot the lifters because they're quite op. Not very hard to counter but really annoying to deal with.
  • Recoil Resistance. Shotgun's knockback reduced.
  • Lighter Forklifts. Forklift slowness reduced.
    • I think those gadgets need to receive a little more attention.
  • Ticket Master. You have a chance to earn 20% more ultimate cash on each ultimate battle.
  • Life Saver. Med-kits heal 25% faster.
    • I honestly find this gadget quite useless. Unlike many other gadgets, they lose utility as you go further.
  • Improved Med-kits. Med-kits heal 20% more.
  • Special Healing. Med-kits add to their healing 33% of the damage you receive during the first 2.5 seconds of battle.
    • I'll prefer this one over the other two.
  • Whale's power. Increases initial power on whales.
    • And to every other body part that doesn't have it yet.
  • Special Gift. After entering a new stage, you're granted a random part of that level.
    • Just a little help for unlucky players.
  • Piercing Harpoons. Harpoons deal 5% of your damage on hit.
  • Resistant Harpoons. Harpoons hold the enemies a little longer.
  • Anti-explosion Coating. The first rocket that hits you will deal 20% less damage.
  • Burning Head. Drills, stingers and chainsaws burn the enemies dealing 10% DPS for 3 seconds.
    • This is meant to help those weapons keep dealing damage after being lifted, because they're easy to counter.

What do you think? Wanna add something to the list?

I know some of those numbers are op but I know Zepto's devs will know what's the right thing to do. My ideas come from my CATS experiencie after seeing a lot of opness on some stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Furansco said:

So... I've seen a lot of talking about Paw Points being useless for players above prestige 12. But I've seen very little (none actually) suggestions on skills that could be added and that could fit the actual "meta" of CATS.

Here's a small list of ideas:

• Slippery Chasis. Enemy lifters will lift your machine 10% slower.
    • I'll be honest, I abuse a lot the lifters because they're quite op. Not very hard to counter but really annoying to deal with.
  • Recoil Resistance. Shotgun's knockback reduced.
  • Lighter Forklifts. Forklift slowness reduced.
    • I think those gadgets need to receive a little more attention.
  • Ticket Master. You have a chance to earn 20% more ultimate cash on each ultimate battle.
  • Life Saver. Med-kits heal 25% faster.
    • I honestly find this gadget quite useless. Unlike many other gadgets, they lose utility as you go further.
  • Improved Med-kits. Med-kits heal 20% more.
  • Special Healing. Med-kits add to their healing 33% of the damage you receive during the first 2.5 seconds of battle.
    • I'll prefer this one over the other two.
  • Whale's power. Increases initial power on whales.
    • And to every other body part that doesn't have it yet.
  • Special Gift. After entering a new stage, you're granted a random part of that level.
    • Just a little help for unlucky players.
  • Piercing Harpoons. Harpoons deal 5% of your damage on hit.
  • Resistant Harpoons. Harpoons hold the enemies a little longer.
  • Anti-explosion Coating. The first rocket that hits you will deal 20% less damage.
  • Burning Head. Drills, stingers and chainsaws burn the enemies dealing 10% DPS for 3 seconds.
    • This is meant to help those weapons keep dealing damage after being lifted, because they're easy to counter.

What do you think? Wanna add something to the list?

I know some of those numbers are op but I know Zepto's devs will know what's the right thing to do. My ideas come from my CATS experiencie after seeing a lot of opness on some stuff.

Skill points are being worked on and will be released sometime soon, thanks for the ideas buddy.

I have currently....192 blue paw tokens....and they are worthless as I have filled all features to spend them on looooong ago.    But every time I level up I get more of these worthless items.  It would be nice to be able to use these items in some way after they have served their usefulness.  Maybe trade one or some number of them in for new skills....or enhancements to either city kings machines or regular machines.  Maybe to install extra attack or defense slots on machines....SOMETHING!   I mean, its a wasted reward for leveling....I drool over the chance to spend these 192 tokens in on SOMETHING......anything.....Maybe even trade in for game cash....or gems.....like get 20 gems for each token....ANYTHING!

Edited by PRESTO
To add another adea to same posting

On 29.3.2019 at 1:40 AM, Jio said:

Skill points are being worked on and will be released sometime soon, thanks for the ideas buddy.

Hey Jio what about stop talking that it will be implanted, just do it. The developers are the laziest bunch of fools I ever heard of. There are so many ideas and nothing of them implanted for the last 18 month. 

So stop talking bullshit, just start to work!

On 4/10/2019 at 11:20 AM, SmokyMcFly said:

Hey Jio what about stop talking that it will be implanted, just do it. The developers are the laziest bunch of fools I ever heard of. There are so many ideas and nothing of them implanted for the last 18 month. 

So stop talking bullshit, just start to work!

You sound like a wonderful player, keep pushing hard, one day you'll make it! Good luck bud.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2019 at 11:50 PM, PRESTO said:

I have currently....192 blue paw tokens....and they are worthless as I have filled all features to spend them on looooong ago.    But every time I level up I get more of these worthless items.  It would be nice to be able to use these items in some way after they have served their usefulness.  Maybe trade one or some number of them in for new skills....or enhancements to either city kings machines or regular machines.  Maybe to install extra attack or defense slots on machines....SOMETHING!   I mean, its a wasted reward for leveling....I drool over the chance to spend these 192 tokens in on SOMETHING......anything.....Maybe even trade in for game cash....or gems.....like get 20 gems for each token....ANYTHING!

Nice, I have 700+, sometime this year we may see new skills to spend! :D We're all waiting also, happy Gaming.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:06 PM, Jio said:

Nice, I have 700+, sometime this year we may see new skills to spend! :D We're all waiting also, happy Gaming.

Well.….its been a year....no blue chip implementation yet for those who have many....I now have 477.

Let me first say that this is one of my favourite games of all time and I'm proud to say I am currently  a level 10 player and hope to be a veteran of 50+ and up in the top 100 some day! Lol 

I have played this game through and something has always been itching away at me with cats..  The game is fun. The in game physics are pretty good for the most part ( please fix the forklift physics. The machine looks like it's floating if it gets tossed in the air), and it's pretty cool that there is so many different build options but... 

When u have two identical machines the player who has more health or fire-power will be the winner... Yay.. 

So why don't you add more dimension into the game play? 

Weapons - what if u could custom rotate every weapon like u can with rotating chainsaw? I think that would be really really cool 

Wait for it... 

Timer customisation for gadgets! 

Timing your booster to go off at a certain time or harpoon or lifter etc could turn the match on its head if u think about it. 

The game will be making u think not just about build, brawn and fire power, but also strategy. Like David vs Goliath. 

I think cats team u are doing a fantastic job, and I hope that this idea can help u rebalance things. These tweaks should yin-yang itself out for the most part and hopefully isn't that hard to incorporate into your platform. Balance and chaos is what this game is all about! 

What does everyone think about this idea? Yay or Nay? 

Peace out ✌️

Agree with everything - changes are good thing generally - but boosters. Their hoping in air should be banned. That frauder strategy thinking is just way too wrong. We have better ways to build tricky cars.

20 hours ago, TheMexican said:

When u have two identical machines the player who has more health or fire-power will be the winner... Yay.. 

So why don't you add more dimension into the game play?  

You mean adding variables like like who has custom costume or more painings on the car body or something like that? Or it's hard to imagine why weaker car realisticly should win stronger car in the same conditions. Randomly blown tire, maybe? :D

BTW, Jio why you don't just admit, Paw points update project was long time dead. No one is working on it. Maybe it will resurrect some day, who knows.

On 4/1/2019 at 5:50 PM, PRESTO said:

I have currently....192 blue paw tokens....and they are worthless as I have filled all features to spend them on looooong ago.    But every time I level up I get more of these worthless items.  It would be nice to be able to use these.....Maybe even trade in for game cash....or gems.....like get 20 gems for each token....ANYTHING!

21 hours ago, TheMexican said:

Let me first say that this is one of my favourite games of all time and I'm proud to say I am currently  a level 10 player and hope to be a veteran of 50+ and up in the top 100 some day! Lol 

I have played this game through and something has always been itching away at me with cats..  The game is fun. The in game physics are pretty good for the most part and it's pretty cool that there is so many different build options but... 

why don't you add more dimension into the game play? 

I think cats team u are doing a fantastic job, and I hope that this idea can help u rebalance things. These tweaks should yin-yang itself out for the most part and hopefully isn't that hard to incorporate into your platform. Balance and chaos is what this game is all about! 

What does everyone think about this idea? Yay or Nay? 

Peace out ✌️

Please allow me to make a few points in response to the above comments on this issue.

1. By far the most valuable use of paw points would be to allow their conversion into gems ! The currency of CATS is gems .. and with gems, you can do anything in the game (generate ultimate cash, improve normal cars, buy ultimate parts, etc). So Presto’s suggestion of 20 gems per paw point is an excellent one .. easy to implement, and valuable to all players 🏆

2. I agree with TheMexican that CATS is a great game .. but reform is still urgently needed ! However, none of that reform should involve normal cars .. because normal cars are a mere sideshow to the main event. Ultimate cars are the only cars that matter in CATS ! To make any changes to normal cars would be a total waste of scarce development resources at Zeptolab !

3. I disagree strongly that Zeptolab are doing a “fantastic job” with CATS. They are clearly making City Kings (the premier and only important gang competition .. in fact, the only important competition in the game) more and more pay to win .. and that is a great pity indeed ! There is no balance whatsoever in a CK match between a top 10 gang and any other gang below top 25. 

4. So it’s a NAY from me ! Rather than wasting time on the trivia of normal car design, paw points should be convertible into gems, and Zeptolab should focus on creating multiple CK divisions (with paid healing eliminated from lower divisions). Playing CK will then become fun again .. rather than the lop-sided, uncompetitive farce that most CK matches have become ☹️

Can we dare to dream ? 😀