Phil

Showdown Event

29 posts in this topic

We’ll find out soon enough .. but seriously, Zeptolab are the masters of confusing communication !

A new Championship mode ? In addition to the current Championships held every 48 hours, or replacing them ?

If in addition to the current Championships, will the new Championship mode also allow you to progress through stages and prestige levels ?

If not, why call it a Championship mode ?

A typical Zeptolab announcement .. one that raises far more questions than it answers .. and provides almost no meaningful information ! Silence would be a much better approach .. just surprise us like you always do with another pay to win event, dressed up as something new and exciting 😡

9B4C412D-EAD4-42EE-9215-408BAA94EED3.png

• Like 1

Just now, Phil said:

We’ll find out soon enough .. but seriously, Zeptolab are the masters of confusing communication !

A new Championship mode ? In addition to the current Championships held every 48 hours, or replacing them ?

If in addition to the current Championships, will the new Championship mode also allow you to progress through stages and prestige levels ?

A typical Zeptolab announcement .. one that raises far more questions than it answers .. and provides almost no meaningful information ! Silence would be a much better approach .. just surprise us like you always do with another pay to win event, dressed up as something new and exciting 😡

P2W Championships instead of the normal 48hr one sounds like a faster way to promote/prestige could happen. I wouldn't be surprised if spending gems to instant promote becomes a thing. Speculating of course.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Because they decided to put that name don't matter with two words showdown and championship

Has anyone started playing the showdown AND managed to refresh yet? On mine I have a prestige button where the the intro shows the refresh button! What use are the fish if you can't use them to refresh????

I have refreshed more than a few times.. That button comes only active when you have defeated all of your opponents. Good luck!

I noticed the higher stage you are the harder it is to get to the next stage, even if you just started the new event.  So all of you who are on last stages, you are screwed :P:P:P

BTW, I would translate P2W rather Play2Win, it's all on perspective how you look at it. There are a few game sponsors who pay on behalf of all of us and I thank them for that so we can have a good game to play and developers are motivated to keep it alive and then there are rest of us - vast majority, who just enjoy the game and are successfull players without spending $$ for that. 

Edited by GreedyCat

I finished every available 9 or 10 hours ago and have completed the single bonus fight several times but have no option to refresh! ....and no fights left!

10 hours ago, RABIT said:

Has anyone started playing the showdown AND managed to refresh yet? On mine I have a prestige button where the the intro shows the refresh button! What use are the fish if you can't use them to refresh????

I've had the same problem.  I defeated all opponents on first grid, but do not have the option to refresh.  I think the "Prestige" button is covering the refresh-grid button.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:21 PM, Phil said:

It's very simple and crystal clear. if you want to find an "issue", you will succeed.

A new Championship mode ? In addition to the current Championships held every 48 hours, or replacing them ?"
This is a new "championship mode" to promote, that's lasting for another 6 days. Just an interactive way to play in your normal garage instead of fighting 14 opponents every time. It's a temporary replacement for the normal mode, not sure how much more simple it can sound.

- I'm sure if you played already, you can see it's one championship, just a different approach to staging up / promoting.

If not, why call it a Championship mode 
- It's another version of playing the "Championship", therefore; championship mode! 

A typical Zeptolab announcement .. one that raises far more questions than it answers .. and provides almost no meaningful information ! Silence would be a much better approach .. just surprise us like you always do with another pay to win event, dressed up as something new and exciting 
- The announcement was made to help people be aware of the exact start time, there were other announcements in game and other places, It was also beta tested for a week with over 100 players (you were NOT among them) this should tell you that you're not that involved in the community as you believe you are. The medals were reduced from 780 to 500 based on the beta, the Z keys is the (bonus) to earn something extra along the way, instead of a normal championship where you just earn a purple/UL/5 gems,

This is where the new prestige levels were introduced also, people should NOT be upset about extra things to earn, it's free points and for "Fun". you can always ask in the future if you're confused. 

Good luck,

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mudgeon said:

I've had the same problem.  I defeated all opponents on first grid, but do not have the option to refresh.  I think the "Prestige" button is covering the refresh-grid button.

I assumed it was the prestige button. I guess refreshing is a privilege reserved for prestige players!! As I am not ready to go prestige yet, this showdown event is a total washout for me! (Unless Zepto actually read their support requests and change this!!!!)

What do you mean you are not ready go prestige yet? Have you collected enough skill points for all bonuses they offer like better toolboxes, more power on bodies, more damage, better bets, better deals for selling or fussing parts, etc.? If not, then what you waiting for? :/

Dear Mr. Jio,

we are not confused when criticising the company, no need for the barely hidden aggressive and offensive subtext of your answer.

I myself will pass this "event" because it forces me to grind medals for hours to promote, istead of entering championship 5 min before end to reach rank 1-6 for promotion. Therefore I will not be able to help my gang in gangfights untill this "event" is over, feeling sorrow. A lot of players will do so I think.

🐰Happy Easter to everyone🐰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jio said:

It's very simple and crystal clear. if you want to find an "issue", you will succeed.

A new Championship mode ? In addition to the current Championships held every 48 hours, or replacing them ?"
This is a new "championship mode" to promote, that's lasting for another 6 days. Just an interactive way to play in your normal garage instead of fighting 14 opponents every time. It's a temporary replacement for the normal mode, not sure how much more simple it can sound.

- I'm sure if you played already, you can see it's one championship, just a different approach to staging up / promoting.

If not, why call it a Championship mode 
- It's another version of playing the "Championship", therefore; championship mode! 

A typical Zeptolab announcement .. one that raises far more questions than it answers .. and provides almost no meaningful information ! Silence would be a much better approach .. just surprise us like you always do with another pay to win event, dressed up as something new and exciting 
- The announcement was made to help people be aware of the exact start time, there were other announcements in game and other places, It was also beta tested for a week with over 100 players (you were NOT among them) this should tell you that you're not that involved in the community as you believe you are. The medals were reduced from 780 to 500 based on the beta, the Z keys is the (bonus) to earn something extra along the way, instead of a normal championship where you just earn a purple/UL/5 gems,

This is where the new prestige levels were introduced also, people should NOT be upset about extra things to earn, it's free points and for "Fun". you can always ask in the future if you're confused. 

Good luck,

Holy crap are you an unpleasant person!! I am at level 50 and played plenty and the new event has me waiting for a chance to refresh for 7 hours so far. I leveled up 1 time and have no options to get fish to refresh because, unless I buy the fish I can't see how to get 5 to do so (yes I play all the random carts but no fish there either) . I call this a cash grab and I spent plenty of money here and really can't wrap my head around, why would you want players to get stuck..unless you want to force player to spent money.

And by the way: 100 to test a game feature...well, no wonder this fails and congrats to piss off players especially with your incredibly rude undertone. If I had you in my company as a rep I fire you in a heard beat and I will take a break to spend my money here as well. So many other games and just like EA and all those other greedy companies you learn your lesson. The customer is still king!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frozen said:

Dear Mr. Jio,

we are not confused when criticising the company, no need for the barely hidden aggressive and offensive subtext of your answer.

I myself will pass this "event" because it forces me to grind medals for hours to promote, istead of entering championship 5 min before end to reach rank 1-6 for promotion. Therefore I will not be able to help my gang in gangfights untill this "event" is over, feeling sorrow. A lot of players will do so I think.

🐰Happy Easter to everyone🐰

I’m in the same boat! Gang fights will have to wait until it’s over. I replied to ‘questions’ and ‘confusion’ it’s an event that’s timed and will be over. 😀👍 not a fan of Personal attacks or negativity. I’m a player just like you (: 

Hi there Jio

Hindsight is a wonderful thing .. as we would often say in the financial markets that I worked in 😀

No trader I ever knew lost money in hindsight 😂 So now that the Showdown event has started, all is indeed crystal clear ! Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions after the event had started .. but, as you can imagine, I’d already worked out the answers myself 😂

However, your news post on the event was before it started .. when there were “known unknowns” .. and perhaps even “unknown unknowns” (Donald Rumsfeld). You had 3 main options when posting ..

1. State the timing of the event .. and say nothing more.

2. State (as you did) that the event was a new Championship mode .. temporarily replacing the existing Championship.

3. State that the event was a new Championship mode .. and say nothing more.

In hindsight, it must be clear to you that options 1 and 2 create no confusion .. whereas option 3 (the one you chose) creates a number of “known unknowns”. Those “known unknowns” were covered in my initial post on this topic .. so there is no need to repeat them here. 

When you communicate, it’s important to remember that not all players are privy to as much information as you have. To be effective, you need to put yourself in the shoes of the “average player”.

Good luck 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand this event.  I cleared the board once, refreshed to get more opponents.  On the new board I cleared all but 1 guy who is completely impossible (has 10x more health and damage than me), so now I basically have to wait until the event ends?  Seems like a really stupid event that could've been quite interesting if it was balanced better

Basically yes, wait till time is over.

Seems like it all depends how well your cars were prepared before the event and at what stage you were playing. Lower stages got faster instants for less medals needed. If you get lucky with enough health and attack toolboxes  and good parts, you still may be able to upgrade your car enough to beat the oponent.

Yes you are right...I have a really strong cart and beat all of them in seconds and then I wait till eventually I get enough fish together....hours later...as o mentioned earlier...either poorly thought through or just a cash grab so you buy some more boxes....happy anniversary! :)

This event is so bad... What were they thinking?

First day I thought it was great. I got through 1 stage in the championship and I was enjoying the boosters, the amount of machines I could fight and the added bonus when completing lines and rows. 

But then I got 3 surfers that completely destroyed me. I didn't have more boosters... Maybe I could've used them more carefully? But damn, I wasn't expecting them to be so hard to get...

Well, I wasn't that worried since the table would refresh in less than 6 hours.

I get back in, finish the first table, refill it, and at the new table I get THE SAME 3 PLAYERS that destroyed me yesterday!

Now I'm stuck again, cool... Now I need close to 430 medals and the bonus from rows and lines give only 1 medal, so that's 420 battles... Hmm, no thanks.

At least you could've reset the boosters when the showdown resets!

How long do we have to endure the Showdown Event?

I'm taking a break until the original championship mode returns.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

How long do we have to endure the Showdown Event?

I'm taking a break until the original championship mode returns.

74 hours.

It's not as bad, I was able to level up like 5-6 times in this event, currently on middle military parts... if you practice enough p2w (play2win) you are able to get enough fishes each time you need a refresh, only last few times I needed to wait some hours before getting full fish set again.

See by yourself:

- you get at least 1-2 fishes on every showdown 12-car cycle

- you are granted with random fishes from extra opponent cars in shorter or longer time periods

- fishes from Steeves boxes and some regular (super) boxes too

Sure, if you have very good cars and you refresh too often, you may run out of fishes quite fast. In that case, take your time, work on extra opponent cars (they keep refreshing), toolboxes and wait until you have enough fish again.

And remember - if you already spend all your fishes, that means you have leveled up more than one time already, without Showdown Event where you would be possibly stuck in regular Championship waiting for three days to get up to next level. Be thankfull what you have archived allready!

Edited by GreedyCat

On 4/22/2019 at 5:11 AM, Jio said:

74 hours.

Thanks, I think I'll just use the time to do quick fights to collect wrenches for Steevy's Box.

So not a fan of the Showdown thing.

This event is so close to being fun but in the end it just sucks and is super frustrating.  If there was a way to replace a single opponent by paying fish, that might fix it entirely.  Or maybe if it were possible to get the bombs and sabotage items without paying cash, that would help.  The BINGO style rewards are really cool but I always just hit a completely unbeatable roadblock and then have to wait the remainder of the 48 hours for it to reset. 

• Thanks 1