Sign in to follow this  
carbonhalo

ultimate relegation

8 posts in this topic

Since being demoted in ultimate from gold to silver I seem to be stuck with platinum opponents.  I used to consider  2100 as my minimum score to stop fighting. Now I am regularly presented with unbeatable opponents as first battle. My minimum score is now 600 and I lose 3/4 of my tickets. Have my opponents not been dropped to my current level?

Hi carbonhalo 

Our circumstances may be different (I’m still in gold league) .. but the degree of difficulty in fighting ultimate league opponents has definitely increased since the recent All Stars event. The key reason in my view is that the three new weapons/gadgets (Uncle Sam, Barbeque and Firecracker) are now being used by a number of opponents. There are several tricky new builds to fight .. I have lost quite a few tickets learning how to counter them 😭

The good news is that .. after a bit of experimenting .. you can learn to beat up these cheeky newcomers 💪👊

It may take a specific build (in the same way that a flue/frost sprinkler build does) .. or the use of builds that are less easily flipped .. but you can do it ! 

Once you’re fully prepared for the new builds, normal scoring can be resumed 😀

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, carbonhalo said:

Since being demoted in ultimate from gold to silver I seem to be stuck with platinum opponents.  I used to consider  2100 as my minimum score to stop fighting. Now I am regularly presented with unbeatable opponents as first battle. My minimum score is now 600 and I lose 3/4 of my tickets. Have my opponents not been dropped to my current level?

Share your builds - let's help you get better :) i use 3 Different builds to alternate, one to beat whales, one to beat whales and also one to beat whales :P !

I have no problem  with whales.  I cannot find a build to beat shotgun/horseshoe/ and anything that freezes.  I'll just quit playing  ultimate and stick to city kings with my gang.

My gripe is that ultimate used to start with easy opponents and get progressively harder.  Now I  get an unbeatable opponent first up, and for some reason I get the same set of opponents every ticket. It has become very unenjoyable.

Another 2 days in a row. 4 tickets lost first opponent, 1 on the second. 

another gripe is the special ultimate events. I won a heap of bald eagle heads last  event, but when the event closed the shop disappeared too quick and I couldn't cash them in.. I got nothing for all that work.

On 7/13/2019 at 7:14 PM, carbonhalo said:

I cannot find a build to beat shotgun/horseshoe/ and anything that freezes.  I'll just quit playing  ultimate and stick to city kings with my gang.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:13 AM, carbonhalo said:

Another 2 days in a row. 4 tickets lost first opponent, 1 on the second. 

another gripe is the special ultimate events. I won a heap of bald eagle heads last  event, but when the event closed the shop disappeared too quick and I couldn't cash them in.. I got nothing for all that work.

Being able to beat builds with a canon/Uncle Sam .. or horseshoe/firecracker.. or sprinkler has become increasingly important !

Since the All Stars event, new builds incorporating all 3 of the new weapons/gadget have emerged .. and of course, the famous flue/sprinkler combination build (which we call a sprue) has remained as popular as ever. These builds are already in City Kings too .. so if you can’t avoid them .. beat them !

The two builds below will help you a great deal. A boneshaker with flamethrower and double rocket is very effective against all but the strongest sprues .. and against canons without horseshoes (unless the canon/horseshoe combination build has relatively low health .. in which case, your flamethrower will kill them before you’re lifted !)

And whales with harpoons dine out on the new Uncle Sam/BBQ/firecracker combination .. and on canon/horseshoe (or equivalent) combinations 😀 The harpoon prevents your whale from being flipped.

These two builds don’t need high stats .. although good flamethrowers and lasers are very helpful 😀

Finally .. All Stars event rewards generally expire at the end of the event ! So you need to spend your eagles 🦅 (or whatever the reward is) before the event ends. Because there is also a limit on how many rewards you can accumulate, progressively spending them is always the best strategy !

8D7F0FC9-9317-4521-8B4E-9596D5F7678A.png

1CB68A93-0783-4FD0-B64F-3D48F83A90E7.png

Thanks for a very helpful reply, although  my boneshaker does not survive a horseshoe. I will try something with a harpoon though. Of course, I have to wait until my clan finishes a city kings battle,  and then I have to contend with my being in a different timezone to most of my buddies. I will have to request a hiatus to try some new configurations.