Sign in to follow this  
GhostMan

C.A.T.S. is losing players

10 posts in this topic

The game was super fun in 2017 and 2018 but things got worse in 2019 the devs added so much P2W and loads of ads too some people left the game including me of course, in 2017 and 2018 the game doesn't have too much ads and P2W and the game was the best in these times.

So this is kinda an rise and fall of this game

On 7/4/2020 at 9:46 AM, GhostMan said:

The game was super fun in 2017 and 2018 but things got worse in 2019 the devs added so much P2W and loads of ads too some people left the game including me of course, in 2017 and 2018 the game doesn't have too much ads and P2W and the game was the best in these times.

So this is kinda an rise and fall of this game

Sadly I agree. I left primarily due to the pay to win players, they just made UL and All Stars pointless. It just became too much work and too little reward.

I wondered about this too, when you reach level 13 on ultimate parts, you can't get permanently higher than that, right?

So at the end, it more or less evens P2W (Pay To Win) and P2W (Play To Win) players, when you reach certain level, isn't it so?

Ofcourse there comes in count Ultimate Toolboxes you are getting from winning and buying stuff but they are not endless and P2W (Play To Win) players also gets them quite often.

P.s. idk about ads, I see them only when watching movies or opening boxes but in normal game play they don't appear from nowhere so I am not quite sure what you are talking about. I hope not about informative popups about new game events or limited time offers and only when you start the game, because these are usefull.

Edited by GreedyCat

GreedyCat

You are undoubtedly an optimist .. and often provide interesting, alternative views on the state of the game 😀

On this occasion, however, I am reminded of a famous quote from an iconic Australian movie 🎥 (The Castle) .. “ tell him he’s dreaming” 😂

Why do I think you’re dreaming ?

1. It is simply not possible for f2p (free to play) players to reach level 13 on all ultimate parts. A significant number of crucial ultimate parts can ONLY be purchased, or obtained from events (All Stars, Grand Prix, Scrap Run). For example, I have a significant number of level 13 parts, but don’t have the stop sign 🛑 at all !

2. Ultimate toolboxes are not evenly distributed among players ! The most valuable 40% toolboxes (lasting 36 hours) are reserved for gang members who win CK matches in District 10. Gangs reaching District 10 in City Kings invariably have significant numbers of p2w players.

3. As a longer term player, you are out of touch with more recent developments in the game. Sadly, new players are now subjected to forced ads .. these ads literally do pop up during normal game play, and they are incredibly frustrating 😡 The good news is that you can remove them .. for AUD 2.99 (in the case of my new alternative account). Another nice little earner for Zeptolab 💰.

Rather than fantasising that CATS is still as enjoyable to play as it was in 2017 and early 2018, why not “join the revolution” .. and contribute to making CATS a better game for all of us ?

AUD 2.99 translates to 1.82euro, if it is all that takes to get permanently kind of adds free, version of the game, then it is not worse or better than 90% all other games out there but popping out from nowhere like in youtube videos is no good, it's not how to keep new players interested in game, no idea why they are doing this.

As for everything else - don't worry so much about that kind of players and their fight between them to be in first places, enjoy the very game play and the spirit in it so to say ;)

Edited by GreedyCat

IDK whats happened in the last couple of weeks, but I've gone from being a regular top 5th -1st finisher in Ultimate to 15th-10th and literally 10 million points behind the leaders. Was there some crazy ptp box that has completely screwed up my years of effort? It does beg the question, whats the point?

Edited by warpoc

For about the last 3 days, Zeptolab have been running one of their Ultimate Ticket events 😡

These events are staged every 3 months or so (from memory) .. and are nothing more than yet another cynical cash grab 💰 by Zeptolab !

The ultimate ticket limit has temporarily been increased to 15 (from 5) .. but much more significantly, there is an offer to buy ultimate tickets (10 tickets, gems and other goodies). Clearly, a number of p2w players are buying this offer .. and not just once !

The impact on recent ultimate leagues is very clear .. the points score required to make the top 8 has increased substantially .. and well beyond the free ticket limit in most cases ! F2p competitors in ultimate leagues will therefore be unlikely to finish in the top 8 for the duration of this Ultimate Ticket event ☹️

The only good news is that this totally pointless event (other than lining Zeptolab’s pockets with more ill-gotten gain) ends in less than 2 days. Normal ultimate league competition will then resume 😀

BD95FFF5-F417-4169-A42C-F28E6294C59D.png

91E2E75D-4AA8-4A7D-91A9-37559E089DAD.jpeg

02C4B9D7-93A8-48EA-8AE3-F536F21F174F.png

weirdly I finished 12th too...

I have fallen already I think, prior to the 15 spot ticket offer--Happened after the last "celebration" Tournament. All those extra boosts on the rare weapons that require $£ has done it,

"rebalancing" they call it haha

And all the hype about nothing... you get like one container more for beeing in first places, just stay in top 26 and you are granted 3+1 Ultimate Parts and that is not hard to do even if you burn some tickets on the way :)

P.s. that screenshot with 1st placer is crazy, looks like you jumped in competitive gang haha.

11 hours ago, GreedyCat said:

And all the hype about nothing... you get like one container more for beeing in first places, just stay in top 26 and you are granted 3+1 Ultimate Parts and that is not hard to do even if you burn some tickets on the way :)

P.s. that screenshot with 1st placer is crazy, looks like you jumped in competitive gang haha.

I agree, its not worth blowing your brains out, however, they've moved the goalposts to top 5 (used to be 9) to get the 4 +4 parts. the 9th-20th (I think)  get 2 + 2.

I, as I'm sure many of you get the boxes, at least once, for old, shall we say, traditional, weapons that are already maxed. So now I'm getting 2/3 boxes instead of may be 6/7, that's quite a difference.

nice to see people posting in the forum though :D

Edited by warpoc