Sign in to follow this  
DabbingCuttlefish

What happened to this forum?

8 posts in this topic

... with quite a bit of help from Zeptolab !

Not only are Zeptolab steadily and surely ruining the game of CATS .. and City Kings in particular .. but they have also contributed significantly to killing off this Forum by not allowing new members to join 😡

Almost 4 months ago I created a second account .. and applied to join the Forum. I was informed that an approval process had been introduced .. and to wait for that approval. Two weeks later I wrote to Support .. following up on what was going on ! Support’s response was truly surprising .. “ The Forum isn’t active anymore, so we recommend to join our Discord server ...” 😱 (if you don’t allow new members to join, the Forum can’t possibly become active again .. because so many old members have left the game !)

In the absence of new members .. and with old members dwindling away .. I, NotANewb and you are destined to remain the top 3 contributors to this Forum, until death we do part 😀

• Confused 1

Doesn't option signing in with Facebook allow you to skip the said approval process if what you say is true?

Surely some members leave and some join the game, it is neverending process. Judging from latest events like Grand Prix or All Stars, the game is very much alive until this day.

I have no idea too why forum is so much like dead, perhaps many of the active players have been lured to the discord server because their gangs demand it and in dicord you can find about everything for cats you need.

Personally I don't like this, for 1st time players and not only cats forum is much more easy accessable than discord (need time to install, find cats server and join and even then you can find only latest news and most recent discussions). Discord is only good for chatting and for players posting silly images and gifs :) 

Edited by GreedyCat

On 25/10/2020 at 4:25 AM, GreedyCat said:

Doesn't option signing in with Facebook allow you to skip the said approval process if what you say is true?

Nope, sadly.

FacebookError.JPG

On 25/10/2020 at 12:48 AM, Phil said:

Not only are Zeptolab steadily and surely ruining the game of CATS .. and City Kings in particular .. but they have also contributed significantly to killing off this Forum by not allowing new members to join 😡

Almost 4 months ago I created a second account .. and applied to join the Forum. I was informed that an approval process had been introduced .. and to wait for that approval. Two weeks later I wrote to Support .. following up on what was going on ! Support’s response was truly surprising .. “ The Forum isn’t active anymore, so we recommend to join our Discord server ...” 😱 (if you don’t allow new members to join, the Forum can’t possibly become active again .. because so many old members have left the game !)

In the absence of new members .. and with old members dwindling away .. I, NotANewb and you are destined to remain the top 3 contributors to this Forum, until death we do part 😀

They should keep this forum active, sad that they shutted down the forum and not allowing new members to join. I attempted to create another account on the forums too and no Email Verification Email has been sent. But at least we have the Discord Server to communicate with other players quickly.

Hi po_teletubbie

Always great to hear from you 😀

The problem with the CATS discord server is that it’s not a place for serious analysis of the game 🧐 

Discord chat moves on so quickly in the main (general) channel that meaningful conversations are almost impossible (which is why they are so rare !)

As GreedyCat said ..

On 25/10/2020 at 6:25 PM, GreedyCat said:

Discord is only good for chatting and for players posting silly images and gifs :) 

CATS discord has become the “Instagram” of the game. Lots of relatively new players posting endless screenshots/videos of the latest parts they have acquired, or battles they have fought. More like primary school “show and tell” than a place where senior players can discuss much needed improvements that Zeptolab should be implementing.

The fact is both the Forum and CATS discord should be promoted by Zeptolab .. because they serve different purposes. Sadly, Zeptolab seem quite happy to see this Forum wither on the vine 🍇 .. and by denying new members, they are actively speeding up the process 😡

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Hi po_teletubbie

Always great to hear from you 😀

The problem with the CATS discord server is that it’s not a place for serious analysis of the game 🧐 

Discord chat moves on so quickly in the main (general) channel that meaningful conversations are almost impossible (which is why they are so rare !)

As GreedyCat said ..

CATS discord has become the “Instagram” of the game. Lots of relatively new players posting endless screenshots/videos of the latest parts they have acquired, or battles they have fought. More like primary school “show and tell” than a place where senior players can discuss much needed improvements that Zeptolab should be implementing.

The fact is both the Forum and CATS discord should be promoted by Zeptolab .. because they serve different purposes. Sadly, Zeptolab seem quite happy to see this Forum wither on the vine 🍇 .. and by denying new members, they are actively speeding up the process 😡

Here's why Zeptolab decided to migrate to Discord:

"We decided to move from the forum to Discord because this opens up new possibilites such as multilingual chat, voice chats, pinned posts, and so on. It is also much easier to moderate."

I don't think if Discord is better than the forums though, in the forums we can create topics and discuss on those topics while Discord doesn't have this feature since it's a open chat app.

What about the CATS Telegram group?

On 25/10/2020 at 12:48 AM, Phil said:

If the forum isn't active anymore they should shut down the forum completely and remove the forum button from the CATS homepage, like they did with the King of Thieves forum and replace the forum button to the Discord Server button.